WTB 4-2 chrome exhaust system for XS1100SF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB 4-2 chrome exhaust system for XS1100SF

WTB 4-2 chrome exhaust system for XS1100SF special. I'm ok with aftermarket mufflers and if so prefer the turnout exhaust.
    Dan

Originally posted by Hawkinspickle View Post
    WTB 4-2 chrome exhaust system for XS1100SF special. I'm ok with aftermarket mufflers and if so prefer the turnout exhaust.
    Dan
    Many just find a good solid set of headers and from there they just pick up a good set of Harley mufflers to add to them. The mufflers are always available because generally when folks buy Harleys one of the first things that they do is swap out the air intake and mufflers or the entire exhaust to allow the bikes to breath better which adds horsepower to them.
    Last edited by cajun31; 03-03-2022, 10:43 PM.
    2 - 80 LGs bought one new
    81 LH
    02 FXSTB Nighttrain
    22 FLTRK Road Glide Limited
    Jim

Comment

Originally posted by cajun31 View Post

Many just find a good solid set of headers and from there they just pick up a good set of Harley mufflers to add to them. The mufflers are always available because generally when folks buy Harleys one of the first things that they do is swap out the air intake and mufflers or the entire exhaust to allow the bikes to breath better which adds horsepower to them.
      Thanks Cajun, that exactly what I am doing but it would be great to know if the special and standard have interchangeable headers? I can find headers but often mufflers are not attached so you cant tell.

Cheers,

Dan

Comment

Dan, this is from Crazy Steve's interchange guide: You can go to this link to see a picture of the difference between standard and special headers. (if the picture doesn't show up in this post). Interchange Guide: Exhausts, Footpegs - XS11.club Forums

You may be able to replace the exhaust studs if necessary to compensate for the difference, if they are not rusted solid into the head, but I'm not positive, so someone else here will have to confirm that.

Bob

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n861326[/ATTACH]

This variation makes a difference. Yamaha fitted two different flange lengths to the head pipes as seen here. The longer flange was only fitted to standard exhausts, and only the '78-79 versions. The '80 standard got the short flanges. I'll note here that the inner 2/3 headpipes are interchangeable between all OEM exhausts, but you do need to check if the flange matches. There's a 1/4" difference, and if swapping exhausts or motors, the exhaust studs can be either short or long depending on the combo. If you run into this problem, this is why.
        Bob's Bikes:
        79SF, Military theme.

Bob's websites:
        https://projectxs11.wordpress.com
        https://rucksackgrunt.com

Bob's Books:
        "
        Project XS11"
        "Rucksack Grunt"
        "Small Unit Leadership"
        "Beatrice B. Goode"

Bob's Parts: