"Spaghetti" 4-2 Exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Spaghetti" 4-2 Exhaust

Hey Y'all, here we go again with today's episode of "who's got decent headers for sale"

First post, so not trying to make a controversial one, but I don't know what I don't know.. I'm hoping I can find someone willing to part ways with one of those "spaghetti" exhaust header set-ups. It may not be the best performer, or best sound, yadda yadda... I know. But I like the look and the concept of them, linking the number 1 and 4 cylinders. I am customizing my 79 F and would like there to still be ample ground clearance... Idk how some of y'all have no issues with that because the last 4:1 exhaust got squashed like a bug on a windshield with all these dang bumps and humps and pot holes across the country. (Okay so maybe I like to use mine for a little on/off roading LoL)

At any rate, if there aren't any available, my second option was going to be to build some. Just like customizing anything, anyone can do it, but I wanna do it right. Anyone got some tips on how to go about that, your wisdom is welcome.

Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk,

Sky

What you are asking for is the Jardine exhaust. They are very hard to find. Diminishing returns. Good luck though. I do occasionally see them offered on Facebook by folks who don't know what they have.
    2 - 80 LGs bought one new
    81 LH
    02 FXSTB Nighttrain
    22 FLTRK Road Glide Limited
    Jim

Comment

I have the Jardine set-up on my XJ. A couple of notes: Get the Jardine mufflers as well if you can. They have a larger diameter inlet than the stock XJ pipes, don't know about the XS pipes. Hangers on the mufflers can be extended forward or back as needed by using a 'link' piece of steel between the muffler hanger and mounting bracket. Center stand and side stand both work OK with the Jardines. Only issue I had, probably XJ specific due to wider engine case on the right side, is that I had to grind a relief in the 3-point engine guard on the right side to clear the pipe. Set up is quieter than stock (Jardine mufflers) until you roll on then it is louder.

Idea behind the design is based on the firing order of 1-2-4-3. With 1 and 4 tied together and 2-3 tied together the exhaust scavenging pulses are more even, resulting is better exhaust flow. I don't know if this worked out in practice but the Jardines were advertised as a way to up your HP.
      Jerry Fields
      '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
      '06 Concours
      My Galleries Page.
      My Blog Page.
      "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

That's Jim, Jerry. I had found a set, surprisingly not too far away! Unfortunately, I'm sure as everyone comes across, the number one and four head pipes was caved in :'( so unfortunately I had to pass. That and the dude wouldn't sell just the pipes... *Dramatic eye roll*

Comment

Working...
        X