Side Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Side Car

Just curious if anyone has a sidecar for their XS, they're no longer using? I want to ride with my dogs.
    ​​​​​​
    1979 XS1100F
    2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

I don't have one for sale... But sidecar bikes are great and my dog loves going for rides.... 2001 vstar 650 with Velorex 562 sidecar...

Comment

Comment

I love it!
        1979 XS1100F
        2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

You mean like this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	hoover1.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	863568

XS11 rally in Bozeman, Montana, 2004. Rob's dog Hoover in Rob's sidecar. Had a couple of sidecars at that rally.

However...

The XS frame is not really set up for sidecar use. If you go that route PLEASE reinforce the frame and sidecar mounting point before you attach the sidecar.
          Jerry Fields
          '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
          '06 Concours
          My Galleries Page.
          My Blog Page.
          "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Interesting. I know zilch about sidecars.
            1979 XS1100F

Comment

Originally posted by IanDMacDonald View Post
              Interesting. I know zilch about sidecars.
              Sidecars are a hoot, I’ve had two; an ex-police HD with side shift & foot clutch and a Gold Wing....BUT they place heavy and unusual forces on the frame which have to be considered. They also require thought and technique while driving one. It can be easy to get in trouble with one.

Comment

Google sit stay ride . it's s video about sidecar dogs.........fly

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
                  You mean like this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	hoover1.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	863568

XS11 rally in Bozeman, Montana, 2004. Rob's dog Hoover in Rob's sidecar. Had a couple of sidecars at that rally.

However...

The XS frame is not really set up for sidecar use. If you go that route PLEASE reinforce the frame and sidecar mounting point before you attach the sidecar.

Hi, Haven"t been around XS country in a long time. That was a pic of my sidecar years ago. Wish I wouldnt have sold it a few years ago. An XS11 needs robust mounts for any sidecar, I broke the front frame in half 50 miles from the nearest paved road once with the engine ending up on the ground. So I recommend constant inspection if ya ever do it. It took me three years of trial and error to get weight, balance, and handling correct. I also had to send fork mounts to Canada to increase the trail, even so your shoulders had a workout turning the rig.

Comment

Comment

I also had a BMW rig with leading links and everything I needed to haul around 3 Springer Spaniels. The problem was it could only cruise at about 60 compared to 80 mph for the XS11.
                      Last edited by rockjok; 03-09-2021, 12:37 PM.

Comment

This was my first canine riding buddy. So much fun and the reason I build up a sidecar rig. Cassiar was totally happy riding 2-up in a large gear bag. I made the mistake of going to Sturgis on it and got a lot of frowns till they saw my passenger, hahaha.

Comment

Oof. I might be better buying a bike better suited for sidecar setup.
                          1979 XS1100F

Comment

The XS1100 is perfect for sidecardriving, if it's done right. My sidecarbike was built in the beginning of the 80s and is still going without any troubles concerning the frame.
                            There are several sidecar workshops with the knowledge how to do the construction in Germany and the Netherlands.
                            Regards from Hamburg, Germany.
                            Rolf

Comment

I have had my 78E with Hitchhiker sidecar since 2002. It has been to rallies in Indiana , West Va. and Pa towing a pop-up camper.
                              Claude Stanley from Freedom Sidecars and Fred Hunteman from Hoosier Hacks both had xs11's with lots of miles. None of us had frame problems.
                              fly

Comment

Working...
                              X