No announcement yet.

kickstart lever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are my eyes decieving me, or is that a sleeve joining the upper and lower part of the arm? The arm looks like it is made of tube and painted?
    I think I'll ask the seller.
    Ah ha, he put a piece of clear tube over it to keep it from rubbing on the oil cover. Which means it will probably hit the side covers.

CZ
    Last edited by CaptonZap; 07-10-2013, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptonZap View Post
      Are my eyes decieving me, or is that a sleeve joining the upper and lower part of the arm? The arm looks like it is made of tube and painted?
      I think I'll ask the seller.
      Ah ha, he put a piece of clear tube over it to keep it from rubbing on the oil cover. Which means it will probably hit the side covers.

CZ
      It took me a while to find the photos you're talking about because they're down in the ebay listing description.

I guess if the rubber tubing is necessary, I don't think it would be unacceptable considering the replacement lever is already aftermarket, and would beat pulling the original lever out from wherever it is stored. However, if the lever is mostly cosmetic, it would matter

82J · 81SH · 79SF Fire Damage · 78E · 79F Parts Bike · 04 Buell Blast
      Website/Blog

Comment

[QUOTE=madmax-im;414812]Well good thing i looked again because it isnt the lever that failed...you can see the POF (point of failure)

Ben, take note...I drilled and tapped the kickstarter clamp for a 6mm set screw, the XS shaft is not round! it's made to accept the 'emergency' lever which has a spring-loaded ball that locates in the flat of the shaft. i added the set screw so the lever wouldn't try to spin and shear off the little teeth on the shaft. You will need to do the same if you want a reliable kickstarter.
        Former owner, but I have NO PARTS LEFT!

Comment

[QUOTE=DAVINCI;414974]
          Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
          Well good thing i looked again because it isnt the lever that failed...you can see the POF (point of failure)

Ben, take note...I drilled and tapped the kickstarter clamp for a 6mm set screw, the XS shaft is not round! it's made to accept the 'emergency' lever which has a spring-loaded ball that locates in the flat of the shaft. i added the set screw so the lever wouldn't try to spin and shear off the little teeth on the shaft. You will need to do the same if you want a reliable kickstarter.
          Thanks for the clarification Randy...i had noticed that...
          1980 XS650G Special-Two
          1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Working...
          X