kickstart lever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kickstart lever

broke mine the other day...for a '79 Std...
    1980 XS650G Special-Two
    1993 Honda ST1100

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
    broke mine the other day...for a '79 Std...
    Hi Bne,
    Gotta be a story here. Ill start with: How did you break your Kickstarter ?
    Phil
    1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
    1983 XJ 650 Maxim
    2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Originally posted by MaximPhil View Post
      Hi Bne,
      Gotta be a story here. Ill start with: How did you break your Kickstarter ?
      Phil
      well first off this year has been a really wet year...so I havent been running the XS much...so the battery got worn down...went to take it out on The 4th of July and it wouldnt start ofc...so I got it started with the kickstarter..it took a few tries and the last attempt got it to start but the lever had fatigued and broke apart...note that the shaft with the splines coming out of the motor is intact...the shaft of the lever itself just broke off...i wiil get some pics up tmrw...but i have Pm'd Andreas to see if he has one...
      1980 XS650G Special-Two
      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Ben, Randy is a lot bigger than you and he kick started that bike for a long time when his starter clutch was messed up.
        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
          Ben, Randy is a lot bigger than you and he kick started that bike for a long time when his starter clutch was messed up.
          yes i know that but it doesnt really matter now that the part is broken...the metal just fatiqued out and it was my lousy timing that it happened to me...but luckily i wasnt stranded out on the road somewhere,just stuck in the shed...LOL
          1980 XS650G Special-Two
          1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

some pics

Well good thing i looked again because it isnt the lever that failed...you can see the POF (point of failure)

Last edited by madmax-im; 07-10-2013, 07:41 AM.
            1980 XS650G Special-Two
            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Ben, send me your address, I'm pretty sure I have one here.
              "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
              1981 LH

Comment

Originally posted by dpotter58 View Post
                Ben, send me your address, I'm pretty sure I have one here.
                That would be awesome DuWayne...PM'd forthcoming...Thankyou
                1980 XS650G Special-Two
                1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Ben, You have a second career as a place-kicker! lol! BTW, that is not an XS11 lever, it's from an XS850.
                  Former owner, but I have NO PARTS LEFT!

Comment

Originally posted by DAVINCI View Post
                    Ben, You have a second career as a place-kicker! lol! BTW, that is not an XS11 lever, it's from an XS850.
                    LOL... no wonder it didnt last those cheap 850's...
                    1980 XS650G Special-Two
                    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Look like this?

"If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

1980 LG
                      1981 LH

Comment

Look like this?

well yes it does....one further qquestion...I noticed your pic is out of photobucket...everytime i post a pic from PB all one has to do is click on it to resize and then you get into my whole library of pics when I only want one to be seen...so how did you isolate one pic in your link???
                        Last edited by madmax-im; 07-10-2013, 02:40 PM.
                        1980 XS650G Special-Two
                        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Something in the privacy tab about not letting people see bjms

1980 LG
                          1981 LH

Comment

Something in the privacy tab about not letting people see bjms
                            Thanks for some direction..i'll check into it...
                            1980 XS650G Special-Two
                            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

How long did that 850 lever last you? I bought a Suzuki lever that didn't fit over the shaft a while back. I like the idea of having a kickstart lever attached rather than just the shaft sticking out..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/XS1100-XS11-...-/221157579753

This "brand new" folding lever is ~$70 shipped...
                              82J · 81SH · 79SF Fire Damage · 78E · 79F Parts Bike · 04 Buell Blast
                              Website/Blog

Comment

Working...
                              X