Yamaha Venture Full Dress Touring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha Venture Full Dress Touring

Has 2nd gear issues but this is still a bargain....would love to have it... actually looks like its missing the lower fairing pcs
    http://raleigh.craigslist.org/mcy/4616179368.html

Last edited by madmax-im; 09-09-2014, 05:02 PM.
    1980 XS650G Special-Two
    1993 Honda ST1100

Yeah, the earlier model Ventures were known to have a second gear problem.

Yamaha rectified the problem for the '86 model year ... and you're right, this bike is missing those lower fairing pieces.
    Marco

Current bikes:
    1979 Yamaha XS Eleven Special (SF)
    1979 Honda CBX
    2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

Rest in Peace, Don Glardon (DGXSER) 1966-2014
    WE MISS YOU, DON

Comment

I like the earlier models...I have seen many of these bikes without the lower fairing pcs...which leads me to wonder if they were added on later models...also I noticed some years its just the Venture...others its Venture Royale...
      Last edited by madmax-im; 09-10-2014, 07:40 AM.
      1980 XS650G Special-Two
      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
        I like the earlier models...I have seen many of these bikes without the lower fairing pcs...which leads me to wonder if they were added on later models...also I noticed some years its just the Venture...others its Venture Royale...
        The first generation Ventures were produced from 1983-1993, and Yamaha offered them in either a standard Venture package, or the "Royale" model ...

The Royale had a radio, CB, cruise control, and an air compressor ... bells and whistles, you know ...

But, standard or Royale, they all had the fairing lowers.

I do seem to remember that Yamaha may have stopped offering the Venture in the standard trim for the later 1st Gen. models ...
        Marco

Current bikes:
        1979 Honda CBX
        2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

WE MISS YOU, DON

Comment

Ah that explains the nomenclature....if you do a google image search for the Venture/Royale you will see many bikes without the lower fairing...just makes you wonder...
          1980 XS650G Special-Two
          1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

ok my theory is that the lower fairings were part of the Royale pkg and not the regular pkg... Thats the only explanation I can see for why so many of these are without the lower pcs...
            1980 XS650G Special-Two
            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

All packages for the venture had the lowers. the reason so many are missing is the tabs that holds them on break and the owner does not put them back on. My lowers are on a shelf in my garage for this very reason.
              Ty

78 XS1100E - Now in Minnesota
              80 XS1100LG - The Punisher
              82 XJ1100 - Current project - The Twins
              82 XJ1100 - Wife's Bike - The Twins
              82 XJ1100 - Daughter's Bike
              72 Suzuki TS125 - Daughter's Bike
              72 Yamaha Mini JT2 - Youngest Daughter's bike (She wants a bigger one now)

Comment

Originally posted by tcoop View Post
                All packages for the venture had the lowers. the reason so many are missing is the tabs that holds them on break and the owner does not put them back on. My lowers are on a shelf in my garage for this very reason.
                Ahhhh....Nothing like the clarity of an explanation from an actual owner Thanks Ty
                Last edited by madmax-im; 09-10-2014, 12:27 PM.
                1980 XS650G Special-Two
                1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

I found this pic on google but it does show the lower faring intact...It appears that without this piece your lower body is more exposed to the elements...
                  1980 XS650G Special-Two
                  1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

I looked at the pic ten times till I realized u were joking. Looks good with/without it.
                    1979 XS1100F
                    2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Originally posted by IanDMacDonald View Post
                      I looked at the pic ten times till I realized u were joking. Looks good with/without it.
                      no Ian...I am serious...LOL...the angle doesnt show it very well but with the lower fairing theres just enough space to tuck your knees in and be covered by the lower fairing...thus your lower body is protected better than without this piece...
                      1980 XS650G Special-Two
                      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Look carefully in this pic and you can see what i mean...only the bottom of the legs and feet are exposed...without this pc...you are exposed up to your waistline in the elements...
                        1980 XS650G Special-Two
                        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

I've seen the 1st Gen. Ventures in the flesh, both with and without the lowers ...

They look incomplete/unfinished without the lowers (and well they should, Ventures were designed to include lowers) ... definitely looks better with the lower fairing pieces ...
                          Marco

Current bikes:
                          1979 Honda CBX
                          2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

WE MISS YOU, DON

Comment

P.S. Not to mention the extra protection you get from them ...
                            Marco

Current bikes:
                            1979 Honda CBX
                            2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

WE MISS YOU, DON

Comment

totally agree Marco... It doesnt look like much but it does make a big difference...I'm anally detailed person so missing lowers would bother me... I just rejoined the Venturers website...lots of great info there...I'm surprised how long i totally overlooked these bikes...I think these bikes trump any type of XS11 for touring and comfort...the more I look at them the more I want one
                              Last edited by madmax-im; 09-10-2014, 06:14 PM.
                              1980 XS650G Special-Two
                              1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Working...
                              X