No announcement yet.

2022 Colorado Rally, July 12-18.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice, so good to have you riding with us again!
    Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

Still working on details but I have another trip up North penciled in to visit in Montana. Planning on 2 weeks and spending the first part up there then coming down for the last part of the rally in Kremmling. It would be great to see y'all and all my old friends up in MT again. I might be a little tired when i get there though is all I'm worried about.
      Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Good deal, Greg. After all that High Plains drifter riding you'll have done it'll be nice to take a couple chill day rides around Kremmling and then head home for you.

Changed the oil and filter on the ZRX today, put a new front tire on it last week (Dunlop Roadsmart IV). Should get 14,000 miles based on ride reports. A previous Roadsmart III went just over 12,000 miles on the bike.

Typically it goes 1.5 fronts to 1 rear, but the "old tech" Roadsmart II front only went 8,100 miles over the course of the past two seasons which was a budget purchase when I bought a set. The rear Dunlop Roadsmart II from that set went on before last years rally looks to have 5,000-6,000 miles left based on the tread wear that I track. Once it wears out, on with the rear Roadsmart IV.

For what it's worth, newer versions of tires have always met their claims for me with respect to better tread wear and performance. So I look for them in the off-season on sale and pick up a set. Put them in a sealed sturdy contractor plastic bag and keep them in the garage.
        Last edited by Bonz; 04-09-2022, 05:34 PM.
        Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

Not sure which bike I'll be on, I've been working on both and both need paint. Got an engine ready to go in Okie and I just replaced some gears in The Hornet yesterday. Tires on Okie are still in good shape but are about 4 - 5 years old now, the guy that had The Hornet when I bought it back must have put used tires on it. They are like 15 years old and hard as a rock.
          Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

TTT

Nice opportunity to come out and see the Colorado West in the summertime.
            Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

Guys:

Ii have created a web page with the details as outlined by Bonz in his original post, plus a few additional links for lodging in Durango and Grand Junction. Links for Kremmling weather and alternate lodging are also included. The address is https://www.appleattic.net/West2022

The east Coast group is having its annual memorial Day Weekend ride, link to that web page is https://www.appleattic.net/East2022

I - might - be able to make part of this one, very tentative at the moment. If not, have a good time!

Jerry
              Last edited by Jerry; 05-14-2022, 12:00 PM.
              Jerry Fields
              '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
              '06 Concours
              My Galleries Page.
              My Blog Page.
              "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Great to see you post up, Jerry! How are you doing? Hope all is well. Thank you for the web page, I'l put it in my signature line.
                Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

Hello everyone, hope all are well!

It is with great disappointment I need to let everyone know who I haven't contacted already the rally this summer is not going to happen, I need to cancel hosting.

My wife has accepted an out-of-state job for the summer and it looks to turn into a full-time opportunity this fall. July or August will likely be moving months for us. I need to clear the calendar in order to be prepared. It's not just the moving, but it's thinning 30 years of stuff we've accumulated and selling a house and all that goes with it.

I would wholeheartedly help someone take it over for the summer but I haven't had any takers. So probably best to leave it off the books and try again another year and from a different location.

If there's a silver lining in it with respect to motorcycle rallies, we will be in North Carolina. I'll get to check out some of the great things I read about on this forum from back east.

You guys all make a great effort to come out and it brings joy to my heart when we can ride the roads of Colorado and enjoy the camaraderie we do.

Appreciate the understanding in advance.
                  Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

Sorry to miss you. My son and I will be headed out still.
                    flights, rooms and bikes are locked in.
                    "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
                    1981 LH

Comment

I appreciate all the understanding and well wishes from everyone I've been able to contact or have been able to contact through other rally attendees. You are truly good people and good friends.

Duwayne, check your messages I responded.
                      Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

I am leaving the web page up for the time being in hopes someone will take over the hosting role. I am sorry to see Bonz moving to the East Coast but hope he can join up with that crew for future events.
                        Jerry Fields
                        '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
                        '06 Concours
                        My Galleries Page.
                        My Blog Page.
                        "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Anybody else still interested?
                          "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
                          1981 LH

Comment

Working...
                          X