2022 Colorado Rally, July 12-18.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 Colorado Rally, July 12-18.

Hello all, Happy New Years Eve! The 2022 rally is going to base out of Kremmling Colorado beginning Tuesday evening July 12th, finishing with departure from Kremmling Monday July 18th.

Based on input from rally attendees, we will make this a rolling rally of sorts.

-July 12th (Tues) Arrive in Kremmling Colorado. Super 8 Motel is fantastic and I would highly recommend it. They will allow us to leave trailers in their parking lot until we return on Friday. Lots of local events going on so the sooner you can reserve the better.

-July 13 (Wed) Depart Kremmling for Durango Colorado. Attendees will need to make lodging arrangements in Durango for that night. Lots of options, no need to all be in the same place, but get the reservations sooner rather than later.

-July 14 (Thurs) From Durango we will ride west to Dove Creek to ride the spectacular Highway 141 in Western Colorado. Hwy 141 will take us to Grand Junction Colorado for the night of the 14th. Again, attendees will need to make arrangements for the night of the 14th in Grand Junction.

-July 15 (Friday) Ride back to Kremmling with rides on Saturday and Sunday comprising of "the best of" rides that we've done over the years up there. Be sure to have your hotel reservations for when we get back.

-July 16 and 17 local rides around Kremmling, a number to choose from so we will play that as it goes.

-July 18 head out and get ready to do it again in 2023.

Some ideas:

-Western States riders could meet us in Durango on the 13th or Grand Junction on the 14th.

-Attendees that would prefer a shorter time in the saddle, it's designed for us to be back in Kremmling on Friday the 15th to do two great rides on Saturday and Sunday.

*NOTE*. The ride from Durango to Grand Junction on the second day goes from Durango to Dove Creek (78 miles), then Dove Creek to Grand Junction on Highway 141 (165 miles for this section) where there are potentially NO services. Will update as the summer gets closer. Cell coverage is minimal at best. It will be hot this time of year. Need to be sure your bike is in shape. If you have a small tank and lower MPG you'll need to bring gas.

The first day ride from Kremmling down to Durango is about 330 miles, a very enjoyable day in the saddle and incredible scenery. Day two is described above, day three is 200 mi from Grand Junction back to Kremmling. Saturday and Sunday local rides around Kremmling are under 200 mi.

Distance out west is covered relatively easily, very different than what other parts of the country may have. Don't look at the mileage totals with glasses from the East coast for example.

Look forward to seeing folks in July 2022!
    Last edited by Bonz; 01-03-2022, 09:46 PM.
    Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Bonz rocks, and anyone who needs a great rally, great rides, great guys,,,,you gotta go and this has had many years running with the Bonz commandeering the rally,,,count me in, again, seeya, Mike in San Diego

Comment

Originally posted by Socer4m View Post
      Bonz rocks, and anyone who needs a great rally, great rides, great guys,,,,you gotta go and this has had many years running with the Bonz commandeering the rally,,,count me in, again, seeya, Mike in San Diego
      Welcome here as always on your adventure ride Mike!
      81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

We're only 40 miles away from you Brant on the Delta stop, let us know if you'd like some visitors for a stop on the way back to Kremmling. 👍

Edit: mistake on my part describing this day of the ride, please see the original post and you will see the updated information for this leg.
        Last edited by Bonz; 01-03-2022, 09:37 PM.
        Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

Originally posted by Bonz View Post
          We're only 40 miles away from you Brant on the Delta stop, let us know if you'd like some visitors for a stop on the way back to Kremmling. 👍
          Highway 141 WILL take you to Gateway then on up to Highway 50 bout 5miles from my casa. Delta has no outlet cept south to Montrose, east to Paonia/Hotchkiss over McClure Pass to Carbondale and Aspen or north over Grand Mesa to I-70 G. Junction west or Glenwood Springs east. Other than that, you'll get r' figured out.
          Last edited by motoman; 01-02-2022, 03:48 PM.
          81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Retiring end of June. Sounds like a good way to kick it off...
            "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
            1981 LH

Comment

SO MOTOMAN and MOTOWOMAN,,,it would be good for the gang to see you both on the ride stop,,,heck we will even buy you lunch and check out the nicest Yamaha venture on the planet,,,,, I will even try to drag Roo,,,,,,and maybe the elusive Scott 3 Phase to the rally,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Mike in San Diego

Comment

Originally posted by Socer4m View Post
                SO MOTOMAN and MOTOWOMAN,,,it would be good for the gang to see you both on the ride stop,,,heck we will even buy you lunch and check out the nicest Yamaha venture on the planet,,,,, I will even try to drag Roo,,,,,,and maybe the elusive Scott 3 Phase to the rally,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Mike in San Diego
                Thanks Mike! Hope it works out for you all.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post

Highway 141 WILL take you to Gateway then on up to Highway 50 bout 5miles from my casa. Delta has no outlet cept south to Montrose, east to Paonia/Hotchkiss over McClure Pass to Carbondale and Aspen or north over Grand Mesa to I-70 G. Junction west or Glenwood Springs east. Other than that, you'll get r' figured out.
                  Hi Brant, thank you for straightening me out on that leg of the rally. I absolutely made a mistake and have amended the original rally post to reflect the correct information. Be great to see you and Anita, as now the plan will be to do an overnight in Grand Junction on the 14th. The rest of the planned schedule before and after is the same.
                  Last edited by Bonz; 01-03-2022, 09:47 PM.
                  Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

To the top, you all!

This rally brings in 14-20 riders that would be considered "regulars" and it's the most top-notch group of riders a person can ride with this side of the Mississippi (Don't want to pee on the east coast folks! Lol.). We have a few XS's in the fold, but the bike you ride matters not, as witnessed by the representation of newer Yamaha's, Kawasaki's, Honda's, Suzuki's, BMW's, an Indian, a Harley a time or two, and probably some I have inadvertently left out.

Above all, we enjoy the fellowship of riding together, enjoy the evenings sharing new stories since we last rode the previous year, recounting stories of the day's ride and more than anything telling the same old stories that only get better with time.

If you have a chance, this is a good one to make at least once!
                    Last edited by Bonz; 01-14-2022, 11:55 PM.
                    Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

Looks like my son will be out with me.
                      "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

1980 LG
                      1981 LH

Comment

Good deal! You flying out and renting like you did last time?
                        Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

Originally posted by Bonz View Post
                          Good deal! You flying out and renting like you did last time?
                          Flights booked, bikes reserved!!

1980 LG
                          1981 LH

Comment

Looking forward to see what bikes you guys choose!
                            Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

Got a BMW 1200 again. He's riding a street glide touring edition.
                              he has a street glide and is comfortable on it

1980 LG
                              1981 LH

Comment

Working...
                              X