Centrol California Coast Get Together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Centrol California Coast Get Together

Here's the way I see it. The Reno Rally must have fallen through the cracks with time as there are no active threads in the Southwest Rallies section.

I'd like to make a ride up the coast to somewhere sufficiently centralized to realize the greatest turnout.

The ride should be soon enough that the heavy tourist (read RV) traffic is not up to peak. The ride should be soon enough that those of us who need to plan can figure out whether or not it is personally do-able.

My personal preference, right now, is a weekend in May, before Memorial Day and after today. Next weekend may be too soon, even for those of us who don't have a J-O-B.

That leaves two (or three, I don't have a calendar nearby) possible weekends on which to congregate.

How's this?

Let's try to choose a weekend and a place within the next full week.

Ralph

The Reno Rally is (was?) scheduled for Sept 3-4-5.
    I wanna go but I work weekends .
    Pat Kelly
    <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
    1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
    2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
    1999 Suburban (The Ship)
    1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
    1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

The Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club is having a meeting the 14th to try to organize something. I plan, if at all possible, to attend and see what they have in mind.

I'll keep all y'all posted.

Ralph

Comment

Saturday, May 21 seems to satisfy the requirements. How does Morro Bay sound? Is that close enough for the SoCal guys and not too far for the NorCalers?

I've done a big triangle ride a couple of times, Fresno-Monterey-Morro Bay-Fresno...438 miles, a reasonable (long) day in the saddle. Guys could join up on the leg closest to home and peel off when we start moving away from their destination. Late breakfats in Monterey, late lunch in Morro Bay, then off to the four winds...what say ye?

Should we just keep it simple the first time and meet at one place at one time?

~LoHo~
        "Time is the greatest teacher; unfortunately, it kills all of its students."

Comment

Sunday the 22nd might be better...let's just meet somewhere, eat, drink, and tell lies, then head out in whatever groups form naturally.

For those who haven't done Hwy 1 along the coast, well, you need to. There's a KOA in Atascadero...that might be a good base for a coastal curcuit ride and an overnight campout...jeez, that almost sounds like a rally!

Comment

I could do Morro Bay, though I might try to scrounge a day's vacation and go up the day before. I've got friends I could pop in on on the way, leaving me free for Saturday's activities and the ride home.

Do-able for me, anyone else?

Ralph

Comment

Central California Coast Gettogether

OK, here's what I'm gonna do. My plan is to ride to San Luis Obispo on Saturday the 21st. A couple of buddies are going to meet me there. (It's about equi-distant for all of us.) I'm going to seek a motel for myself, because a couple of us have an old friend who lives not far away and we want to visit. So we'll ride there, ride around and those who want to will leave and ride back.

If there are those for whom Sunday the 22d works better, I'll still be there and wouldn't mind another shortish ride before I head back down to the meat grinder that is Sunday afternoon traffic in the Los Angeles basin.

Once I have scored accomodations, I'll post where I'll be, along with my cel' phone number.

Anybody wanting to ride up from the LA area, we'll coordinate prior to departure. Same for Bay area folk, one of my friends is coming from Petaluma, Another from the Tracy/Modesto area. They are not XSers, but are long ago Honda 750 riders, as was I.

Ralph

Comment

I could do a Saturday ride, but not Sunday. I'll be on a plane for work Sunday morning out of SJC.
                Morro Bay is a nice one day ride, as I used it to break in a Seca 650 turbo back in the '80s.
                Keep me in mind for Saturday, and let's see what shakes out.
                Ray
                Ray Matteis
                KE6NHG
                XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
                XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

When I find / choose a motel, I'll post it here and that will be our meeting point in SLO. I'll also post my cel' phone number & the motel number so arrival times can be gauged.

Ralph

Comment

Any Central Cal XSives up for this?:

http://renegadeclassics.com/bikeshow.html

It's a few miles south of Fresno. It has varied between great and okay in the past. Good looking gals who forgot their clothing, bikes, heart-attack food, gals, expensive cigars...it has it all!

~LoHo~

Comment

I posted earlier the name of the motel and my cel' number. However, I don't see it on the Thread. Neither of my two friends (or their friends) can make the ride. Barring any riders from the VJMC or XSives, it looks like the ride won't happen. I'll hang on to my motel reservation until next week. I reserved a room ($48) at the Motel Six South in San Luis Obispo. My cel' is 714-801-5548. If it ain't happenin' it won't.

Ralph

Comment

I was going to try and ride down hiway 1 to see you. I don't know who around here wants to ride down, but I hope someone will want the ride.
                        I can only ride down, and back home Saturday, as I need to catch an airplane Sunday Morning out of SJC.
                        Ray
                        Ray Matteis
                        KE6NHG

Comment

That works for me. I would ride up Saturday, as planned, and stay over and ride back Sunday (also as planned). If guys just want to come in for a Saturday tire kick, tha't OK with me. It would be great to get face-to-face with some of the names on the list.

I haven't given up yet. I'd really like to get a ride in up the coast before the tourists strike. I'm also hoping for a ride later in the year, too. Again, I'll pass on whatever transpires at the VJMC meeting this Saturday.

Ralph

Comment

Plans Cancelled

I have cancelled my reservation at the motel. I'm not going to be able to make the trip. Too many things have cropped up that demand my attention on the weekend in question. I would be happy to try again at a later date, though mid-June is out.

Ralph

Comment

I'm in the same boat, My suburban isn't running yet, and it HAS to be on the road by this Saturday!!
                              Oh well, no pleasure rides for the wicked....
                              Ray Matteis
                              KE6NHG

Comment

Working...
                              X