Phoenix Ralley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoenix Ralley

By the way everyone, we just thought that it might be nice to meet in Phoenix. Then take a trip up to Sedona, then Jerome, then Prescott, then back to Phoenix. Nice one day trip with 3 stops at some really nice towns.
    Give us some input.

Rick & Kathy

Arizona

Have you come up with a time slot for this proposed rally? Late Jan. early Feb. would be nice. You may get a few XS'ers to haul down from the great white north just for chance to ride in mid winter. We would need a place to park our PU's/cars/trailers for a few days. After hauling all that way we would likely want to stick around for a week to help winter go away. Anyone down there got a farm or large area suitable for parking and camping? A local KOA would work as well.
    I have been playing with the idea of suggesting an XS meet starting some where in Southern Calif. A place to park our rigs and then make a run down through the Baja to Cabo and back. Would be a great winter break and an unusual ride. Anyone got Spanish? Anyone got a farm/large safe industrial area in Southern Cal?
    Ken/Sooke
    78E Ratbyk
    82 FT500 "lilRat"
    92 ZX11 Temptress

Comment

Phoenix Ralley

Here in Phoenix I have a place for everyone that comes with trailers or trucks or RV's. I have a friend who owns a race track on the outskirts of town. This is a drag strip with lots of parking and I'm sure we could run our bikes there if anyone would be interested in racing theirs.

As for timing, I was thinking of January or Febuary as well.

Don't know about doing cabo or going down into Mexico this trip but would consider it.

I think it might be just fun to do Arizona and maybe Laughlin or Vegas.

I know we can take care of the trailers and parking here in Phoenix, but not so sure about Vegas or Laughlin. I'm sure they would accomidate us in either place.

Rick & Kathy

Comment

Tell me when.... The truck and trailer are ready, and my crew of three is getting cabin fever(bikes ready by Jan.) We're looking to make a trip down there anyway.
        1980sg-Stocker-- Sold
        1980sg- Cruise Missile- Sold to RODS454
        1990 ATK 604- Ditch Digger
        2005 BMW K1200S- Killer Bee
        2005 Suzuki GSX-R 1000- trackbike

Comment

Phoenix Ralley

So glad to hear that you are coming, we are looking at January or Febuary for the trip. I'm asking people what dates they might consider so we can have as many people as possible. Are there dates that will work well for all of you? We are pretty open, so give us some ideas.
          Our bike is ready when ever. So let us know.

Comment

Doesn't really matter to me. But I think Feb. might be a little better. I'm puting off valve guide work till Jan so I can take care of some other stuff. It still runs good, but smokes a lot. I'd like to get that fixed before everyone sees it. But I don't see anything stopping us from being there reguardless. We've got 2 80sg's and maybe my dads 80g if he can get off work. My coworker and I went to Tucson to get this beat up bike earlier this year and had a great time. We're looking forward to coming back with his bike restored and customized. It was awesome cruising around Jerome without a helmet while everyone here was staying inside.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...5/f94166a4.jpg
            1980sg-Stocker-- Sold
            1980sg- Cruise Missile- Sold to RODS454
            1990 ATK 604- Ditch Digger
            2005 BMW K1200S- Killer Bee
            2005 Suzuki GSX-R 1000- trackbike

Comment

Phoenix Ralley

Sounds like February would be a good month for us as well. Any idea on dates? We were thinking about mid month due to paydays for everyone. Also tends to be a better part of the month for people to get away. Lets say from the 17th to the 19th of February 2005.

If this works out then we can look into other places to travel over this time frame. Like maybe a trip to Laughlin then Vegas. Or what ever sounds good to everyone.

Need more Input!!!!

Rick & Kathy

Comment

Working...
              X