Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 Colorado/Western Rally

Great rally ideas in other threads!

Anyone have interest in the West this summer? Mid-late July.

No pre conceived notions other than that.
    Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Count me in !!

Bonz ,
    You can count me in !!As you know I am right up the road and would be more than happy to assist in any way needed ..Earlier in the year Brant (motoman)mentioned he was possibly going to participate also .Might be time for a springtime ride too..roundup some of the usual suspects and maybe add a few new faces too..Let me know ...Joe
    78standard,79 & 80 Specials; 2 x 650 Maxims; 4 x RD350's; yz450; 2 x Honda tlr's;2x jt1 mini.

Comment

Any Kansas members or Okies wanna come out this way? Anyone else from the Midwest, Wyoming, Cali boys, other Coloradans, TX, well heck let's put out a call for all states.

Had some good riding in Colorado last July. A ride to the top of Pikes Peak, explored Bishops Castle as the two ride highlights. Lots more to see in this great state.

Let's keep the responses coming!

-rdmcguy, Springtime ride would be great! Maybe "early summer" (mid-may) before I have a clear day on a weekend.
      Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

Originally posted by Bonz View Post
        Any Kansas members or Okies wanna come out this way? Anyone else from the Midwest, Wyoming, Cali boys, other Coloradans, TX, well heck let's put out a call for all states.

Had some good riding in Colorado last July. A ride to the top of Pikes Peak, explored Bishops Castle as the two ride highlights. Lots more to see in this great state.

Let's keep the responses coming!

-rdmcguy, Springtime ride would be great! Maybe "early summer" (mid-may) before I have a clear day on a weekend.
        Hi Bonz,
        Pikes Peak is on my bucket list. However Colorado is too far for a week end ride for me Maybe another year.
        Phil
        1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
        1983 XJ 650 Maxim
        2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Exrended weekend

Hey Phil.
          There's no rules on how long you can stay..
          Me and the local boys could tell you some places you would enjoy and I for one could join in on at least some of them...
          78standard,79 & 80 Specials; 2 x 650 Maxims; 4 x RD350's; yz450; 2 x Honda tlr's;2x jt1 mini.

Comment

Already got a couple long trips planned for this year. Pretty much gobbles up all my vacation time.

Maybe if it was over the weekend of the 4th I MIGHT be able to squeeze a 4 day weekend in with the holiday Friday.
            Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

I'm interested, depending on work schedule.
              Had a great time last year, and it was sure nice to finally meet so many I had talked to here for so long!

Getting ready to bid a commercial job. If I get it, probably can't make this one. If I don't.... may have free time!
              We'll have to see how it goes, I guess.
              '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
              "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

Work a flimsy excuse !!!

Hey Bob...
                Don't use a flimsy excuse like work keep you from Colorado this season..
                Just go west to I-25 turn RIGHT ... north to I -70 ..Turn RIGHT again...east to Havana st.turn RIGHT again ...if you made it that far without turning left I'll meet you there .......RIGHT? RIGHT !!

Comment

Looks like initial interest from "afar" is not there so far...

Please respond if you have been lurking! A good 8-10 guys does a rally make, and a lot of fun to boot.
                  Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

Hey all, comment on the 2015 thread in order to keep it to the forefront on the main page.
                    Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

A good idea ..

Ladies and Gentleman..
                      This is a formal invitation and reminder to inform of potential rally here in
                      Colorado .We have countless great roads and unlimited things to see and do here ..that being said ..who would like to join in on the fun??

Comment

Rally

Hmmm notice that cz and motoman are online here right now
                        Haven't heard from you guys whether going to rally or not ?

Comment

Originally posted by rdmcguy View Post
                          Hmmm notice that cz and motoman are online here right now
                          Haven't heard from you guys whether going to rally or not ?
                          Did the 'traveling ' rally today............3/4's way into June STeed rally in Ouray,CO.(80 plus at this point, commited and confirmed), July, good chance SWMBO and I may 'cage' it up thru Tetons/ YellowstonePk.

With that, no commitment here.
                          81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Geez Brant, you belong to another forum too? I feel like the 3rd grade girl with pigtails I chased around when I was a kid is cheating on me with a second grader...
                            Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

Originally posted by Bonz View Post
                              Geez Brant, you belong to another forum too? I feel like the 3rd grade girl with pigtails I chased around when I was a kid is cheating on me with a second grader...
                              Let's just say I don't have NEAR as deep pockets as majority of them folks attending......but thought I'd be a good sport and give it the ole' 'second grade' try.......once anyways:rolleyes........Dean R. has volunteered me as his personnel tour guide, as he'll be room/boarding here couple days prior to our shared two tent site. By then, least we won't be dealing with conditions mother nature threw at Bob, John, Tod and Greg the other day.
                              It'll be a 'spur of the moment ' decision if I do, as that's the 'way I roll' when it comes to scoot riding. If it's a 'planned' trip......cage gets the duty.
                              Retired and tired, figure that's the LEAST I owe myself.......general direction is close enough.....rest is by chance.......never knowing EXACTLY the destination route has its unexpected rewards. That's what being on two wheels LD riding has always meant for me.....and has worked decades keeping the fun factor mixed in with a bit of the unknown.
                              81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Working...
                              X