Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• service in San Diego

Hi All,

I'm looking for a place to get my XJ1100 serviced since I just don't have the time right now to do it myself and it is in desperate need of an overhaul. I've called a couple of places in San Diego but always get the line we don't service bikes from 1982! Does anyone know of anyone reliable and not through the roof expensive that will service this type of bike in the grand san diego area?

best,

jose santos

repair shop for xj

Hi, glad to see another xj in san diego. I live in north county, carlsbad with my beloved xj1100. Anyway there is a shop in oceanside that has been very fair and works on old bikes, Oceanside cycle supply, 1-7607223404, 1617 s.coast highway. What is wrong with the bike? Most xj's go forever......except for the trans. problems,,,,,Mike in carlsbad
    mike
    1982 xj1100 maxim
    1981 venture bagger
    1999 Kawi Nomad 1500 greenie
    1959 wife

Comment

Hi Mike,

Thanx much for the info. I will be contacting them soon. The bike has not been properly serviced for 15,000 miles. Currently, the carbs need to be cleaned (which I can do myself) but the valves also need to be adjusted (which I can't do). Besides that there is an oil leak that has been getting progressively worse. I really like this bike and so I want to keep it alive as long as I can! Happy riding from Ocean Beach!

Jose

Comment

Working...
      X