Garage Company Bike Night-SoCal May 14, 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garage Company Bike Night-SoCal May 14, 2011

Yoshi is having an open house/bike night at his museum of a shop waaaay down in the interesting town of Inglewood. There will be lots of crazy cool custom bikes there (and I'll be taking lots of pics). This little get-together is a prelude to the Born Free show in June. Yoshi built the Knucklehead chopper that will be raffled off at Born Free.

http://www.jockeyjournal.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=85640

I'm planning on attending and no, I won't be riding the XS11. The Shovelhead wants to go see some of her old friends. Hope to see any of the Cali crew there. Come say howdy. I'll be riding this...

Originally posted by Shacknasty View Post
    Yoshi is having an open house/bike night at his museum of a shop waaaay down in the interesting town of Inglewood. There will be lots of crazy cool custom bikes there (and I'll be taking lots of pics). This little get-together is a prelude to the Born Free show in June. Yoshi built the Knucklehead chopper that will be raffled off at Born Free.

http://www.jockeyjournal.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=85640

I'm planning on attending and no, I won't be riding the XS11. The Shovelhead wants to go see some of her old friends. Hope to see any of the Cali crew there. Come say howdy. I'll be riding this...

How cold do you think it's gonna get? If its gonna be a decent night i might consider going for a couple hours...Its about 2 1/2 hrs from me in Joshua tree...which would make for a pretty nice ride...If I go I will also not be taking the Beast...I'll be on the Dragon...where are you comin from?...
    Daily Driver - '04 Suzuki Marauder 1600
    Project Bike - '79 XS1100 Special

Hi my name is Nate and I'm am Addict...I quit riding every night before bed and can't help but start riding again the next morning...

Ride Till You Die!

"MESS WITH THE BEST DIE LIKE THE REST" -Semper Fidelis!

“Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.”

"When in doubt, Gas it!. If it doesnt fix the problem, at least it will end the suspense!"

Comment

I'm just rollin' down the 405 from the suburban wasteland of the SFV. It's not far at all, maybe 45 minutes. As to the weather, I don't hear anything about rain, just some clouds and a little cooler. Sounds like leather weather to me.

If ya make it and see my scoot, come say wazzup.

P.S. I take that "The Beast" is yer XS11. But what, praytell, is "The Dragon"?
      Last edited by Shacknasty; 05-11-2011, 12:11 AM.

Comment

I'm just rollin' down the 405 from the suburban wasteland of the SFV. It's not far at all, maybe 45 minutes. As to the weather, I don't hear anything about rain, just some clouds and a little cooler. Sounds like leather weather to me.

If ya make it and see my scoot, come say wazzup.

P.S. I take that "The Beast" is yer XS11. But what, praytell, is "The Dragon"?
        Ill See You there Bra...

Hi my name is Nate and I'm am Addict...I quit riding every night before bed and can't help but start riding again the next morning...

Ride Till You Die!

“Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.”

"When in doubt, Gas it!. If it doesnt fix the problem, at least it will end the suspense!"

Comment

so interesting that ur bike was sittin next to a xs...i was also wondering what happened to your front fender...and are you gonna tack down that leatherish on the tank and seat or leave as is...wouldnt look bad either way...very sweet bike! and all the rest were nice too...ive never seen so many old non-running bikes in one place before...it was def. worth the 300 mi round trip!

Ride Till You Die!

Comment

If you saw an orange piece of junk HD at the show, it wasn't mine. I got called in to work, and unfortunately I need the job and the $. Had to pass on the show. Glad ya made it. Did you take any pics of the old machines? Post 'em if ya got 'em!

Gotta love the old iron...

Ya never did tell me about "The Dragon" and I'm waiting breastlessly for an answer.

Comment

If you saw an orange piece of junk HD at the show, it wasn't mine. I got called in to work, and unfortunately I need the job and the $. Had to pass on the show. Glad ya made it. Did you take any pics of the old machines? Post 'em if ya got 'em!

Gotta love the old iron...

Ya never did tell me about "The Dragon" and I'm waiting breastlessly for an answer.
              Ok, so the ur correct the beast is my XS...and the dragon is my suzuki Marauder 1600...I call her the dragon for a few reasons...shes got a flair tail for the rear fender, shes sexy and powerful with a black paintjob and a touch of sparkle to her armor...and every now and then she breathes fire out her nostrils "the exaust"... and shes def. a she because she can be temperamental, stubborn but once you touch her in just the right way she Rides like an Angel... an extremely awesome machine, much like the xs on that side, but a big V-twin instead... she'll smoke most crotch rockets under 900 CC's and the big ones are close too...with a couple changes i think i can have her toasting the 1000s as far as short distances go...i dont think she'll ever do over 160...hangs with a busa up to 113...then the busa shifts into 2nd and ive just gotten to 5th...which to me is still impressive...and even though she has all that power and might, shes graceful pulling a light 45mpg when not racing... anyway thats the story behind the "Dragon"

on the side of having taken pictures...My phone was almost dead and stupid me forgot my camera, so i did a lot of looking and oohing and aahing, but got no pictures...and i think its interesting that you werent actually there...cause there was a bike that looked exactly like yours with a few exceptions...same set up and everything as far as pipes & bars, everything, only thing that was different was it had a POS front fender on it...and that leatherish i spoke of...the fender had a giant dent on the bottom on the back of the fender...was def a nice show though...not big but still nice...and i really liked that show room!

Ride Till You Die!

Comment

Thanks for "The Dragon" story, good to have a machine like that in yer life. It sounds like you always got a fun ride to look forward to...

I really wanted to go and see Yoshi's new shop. The old place, I think it was in Signal Hill, was cool but it was dark and cramped. I hear the new joint is a good layout with lots of room to show his collection. Lots and lots of motorsickle memorabilia.

The Born Free show in June should be a blast. The last two were held at the B/F shop and they blocked off the street to hold the party. Free food and free beer/water/soda and a lot of crazed motorcyclists can make for a pretty interesting time.

This one has the potential to be huge with people coming from all over the US (and the world) on ALL kinds of bikes. Not some poser event where if you don't have the "right" brand of bike then you have to park down the street. Nah, this ain't like that. Strap on yer sleeping bag, throw the rest of it in yer saddlebags and come sleep in the dirt, throw firecrackers in the campfire, tell yer best stories, and have some fun. This one I WILL NOT miss.

Hope to see ya there.

Post a pic of The Dragon, por favor compadre.

Comment

Thanks for "The Dragon" story, good to have a machine like that in yer life. It sounds like you always got a fun ride to look forward to...

Post a pic of The Dragon, por favor compadre.
                  I didn't want to shorten the quote but it was just too big, i however couldnt bring myself to deleting the picture...such a beautiful bike i think it rates to be shown on here a few more times...I am def hoping to make it to this next one...your welcome for the dragon story...this guy from MMI didnt sound all to thrilled about it...too much a harley man i guess...POSER is what i think he didn't even ride to the interview...I honestly don't know how anyone who truly loves the world of motorcycles could ever be a one brand man...there are just too many awesome different brand bikes...Not to say that every bike is my gig, but i dont think you can really Love this life if you can't appreciate so many awesome bikes that there are out there...I dont know who said it first, but i think it holds true..."if you dont, like it modify it!"...anyway I'll post a pic of the she dragon just as soon as i take a good picture of it...She isn't the prettiest thing off the shelf, she has some war wounds from stupid drivers and lack of funds to make her as pretty as she once was before the battle scars, but shes beautiful to me!...and thats all i figure matters...

Ride Till You Die!

Comment

I wanna see that photo, scars and all. I have heard, and believe, that motorcycles are like women. Ya love the one you have, but you wanna ride every one you see. They will take all your money and kill you in a heartbeat without a second thought. True dat!

I hope to see ya at Born Free. We could swap motorsickle lies and see who can spit the farthest.

Party on, Wayne...

Comment

I wanna see that photo, scars and all. I have heard, and believe, that motorcycles are like women. Ya love the one you have, but you wanna ride every one you see. They will take all your money and kill you in a heartbeat without a second thought. True dat!

I hope to see ya at Born Free. We could swap motorsickle lies and see who can spit the farthest.

Party on, Wayne...
                      Party on, DUDE!

Ride Till You Die!

Comment

Hey, Shack, where in The Valley are you? I could probably hit your house with a freakin' tennis ball from Simi Valley, we should go for a ride!
                        -- Scott
                        _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
                        1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                        1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                        1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
                        1979 XS1100F: parts
                        2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

Originally posted by 3Phase View Post
                          Hey, Shack, where in The Valley are you? I could probably hit your house with a freakin' tennis ball from Simi Valley, we should go for a ride!
                          Its too bad u werent around to go to the Vintage Bike Night last sat....Both yall...

Ride Till You Die!

Comment

3phase, sounds good. As soon as my present work schedule changes i'll hit ya up. Sometime next month I'm hoping for more time to myself, but right now the $ that go with the O-time are appreciated. Hell, I'm happy to be overworked in this economic climate! CSUN is just down the street from me. Cupid's Hot Dog stand is a nice stop. Eat a dog and enjoy the passing scenery of college coeds.

Keep rubbin' salt in the wound USMC. I hate missin out on a good time that close to home.

The XS wants me to post her pic. I don't want her gettin' jealous...

Comment

Keep rubbin' salt in the wound USMC. I hate missin out on a good time that close to home.
                              My Bad Dog...I'll be gettin some pic's tomorrow...I just got the bars and new grips on the beast too...i'll get some pics of her too...i think I wanna go to bar end mirrors...Maybe just one...

Ride Till You Die!

Comment

Working...
                              X