Reno to LA &back Aug. 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reno to LA &back Aug. 8

My old man and I are going to LA on our xs11's and I wanted to post and see if anyone is interested in hooking up with us. We'll be on 395 South on Friday Aug. 8th. We may cut off and pass through Yosemite Natl. Park and down to I5 at Fresno. Probably back through Mojave. Whichever we don't do first, I think we'll be doing second. These are about the only two routes unless we opt for the boring I80 to I5 via Sacramento. If anyone has the time and wants to hook up, I'll get a more detailed plan.
    1980sg-Stocker-- Sold
    1980sg- Cruise Missile- Sold to RODS454
    1990 ATK 604- Ditch Digger
    2005 BMW K1200S- Killer Bee
    2005 Suzuki GSX-R 1000- trackbike

I'm on the boring I-5 route (Modesto). I was supposed to do a Hwy 4 ride with a group from the Bay Area (not squids) last Sat. but OF COURSE something came up and I had to cancel. I even took the day off. If you're on the allXS11 yahoo site there's LoHo that lives in Fresno.
    The Yosemite route is great, but long and tiring with all the tourists this time of year. Did it last year with some CAXSives, took my 11 year old...he was beat.
    We'll have to get together sometime.
    Pat Kelly
    <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
    1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
    2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
    1999 Suburban (The Ship)
    1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
    1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

I moved this thread here (Rallies/SW) from Ride Reports, since the Reports area is for rides that already happened!
      Mike * Seattle * 82 F'n'XJ1100 *

Comment

Reno to LA ride

Where in LA do you plan to end your trip, or will you be riding around the area. I'd love to meet up with you and tool around. Be happy to lead you to the, soon to be gone, Cook's Corner biker bar. From there we could drop down to the Ortega Highway (good road, heavily enforced). From there, you could go up the 15 to the 395 or up the 15 to one of the multitude of freeways that would connect you with the 5.

You can contact me @ REFFI@aol.com

Comment

so this is where my thread went... Well, I'm afraid that we're having some issues here. With less than a week to go, I've got cyl's cutting out, and popps is running short of cash. I think we're going to postpone. My brother is in Santa Clarita. Thats where we were going. We were planning to spend three or four days riding around the area...especially over toward the Rock Store. I love that place. I got pics I took with a Cycle World article on my wall here. Anyway, I'll post it when we know when we're going that way. I'm from Mt. Shasta, CA; I think I'm going up there this weekend.
          1980sg-Stocker-- Sold
          1980sg- Cruise Missile- Sold to RODS454
          1990 ATK 604- Ditch Digger
          2005 BMW K1200S- Killer Bee
          2005 Suzuki GSX-R 1000- trackbike

Comment

One of the best vacations we ever took was a bike/camping trip back in 78 or 79. Me on my SX750 triple and the wife on her XS650 twin. We rode up to San Jose to watch the Mile National (a whole 'nother story), then went on to Shasta Dam (Castle Crags State Park), overnighted there and went on to MacArthur-Birney Falls (a spectacular place to camp - we stayed two days). After that, we were essentially on our way home, coming down SR 49 through the gold country to Calaveras Big Trees then home in one long day. God Bless Day Long Saddles.

Nevertheless, if you postpone but still plan to come down, let me know, you'll only be about 90 miles away and if I can possibly make it, I'd be happy to meet up with you.

Ralph

Comment

1100E in Santa Clarita

Hi,

I'm new to this forum. I live in the Santa Clarita area. Actually Castaic. My bike is in pretty good shape. 40k miles. It's a blast to ride. I'd love to get together with some of you guys. A have questions only you can answer. Let me know if anyone is in the area. We'll hook up.

Mike

Comment

Hi Mike,

I live in Orange County (Costa Mesa) and would like to ride on weekends. There are a few of us around. One in, I believe Rancho Cucamonga and another in Yorba Linda, for sure. You should also write to Turbodave on this list, he is organizing an all Southern California group. There is also the "other" list on Yahoo (many of whom, like me, belong to both). I tried a poker run last fall for the first time and enjoyed it. There are three or four coming up this fall beginning 10/5. There is also a vintage bike concours d'elegance at the San Diego County Fairgrounds on 10/4 (races, too - flat track).

Whatever your particular pleasure, I'm sure we can accomodate.
                You can contact me directly at REFFI@aol.com.
                Ralph

Comment

Working...
                X