California mini-Camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California mini-Camp

Hey, all of you CAXSives and wannabes! The CAXSive rally will be either September 14/15 or 21/22. To voice your opinion on which weekend and to make a blood pledge to show up, contact me at lorenzoxs@yahoo.com. Let's try to make it an event to rival the PNW canucks BI show! We're trying to wrangle Tkat into being the rendezvous point with the camping occuring at Patrick Kelly's digs. Let me know....
    "Time is the greatest teacher; unfortunately, it kills all of its students."

Either weekend will work for me (with enough advance notice). I'll be watching to see the results
    Pat Kelly
    <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
    1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
    2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
    1999 Suburban (The Ship)
    1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
    1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

Either weekend would work for me. Not sure if I could handle the long ride to Tkats and back to Pats. May be able to house some people at my place.
      Gary
      79sf
      78e

Comment

mini camp schedule

Congrats on an unbelievable effort Lorenzo - getting a bunch of us best coasters to commit to a camp! That said - need to know if you will have a more or less exact ride schedule for those of us who can only make it for one day and would like to meet up? Again -good job!
        Cheers,
        Lazer

81XS11H
        why not?

Comment

I'm good for either date, just let me know in advance so that I can plan for it. Need date and location and i'm good to go.
          Dave Bates
          78 XS1100 "Psychosis"
          BFC
          UCBA #292

Comment

I'm interested, but need to know the location. Are there motel accomodations nearby? My tenting days are over. I could leave from work on a Friday and ride up by nightfall (if it's not too far) or ride partway and come in the next morning. Keep me "posted."

Comment

Somebody needs to help TKAT with a new computer as well, one that will run this forum...if you have an extra laying around.
              Gary Granger
              Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
              2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

There's room for about 8-10 tents in my yard. I also have a camper with a double bed and a queen-size sofa bed that's not too uncomfortable. Also have a huge (7 seat) hot tub. There are several Motels close by ranging from seedy to nice (never stayed in one...I have a house).
                I'm just a couple of blocks off of Hwy 132 which heads to Yosemite.
                The planned ride to Tkats is about 80 miles of slab to get there then 120 miles of moderate to intense twisties ovet the coastrange mountains to my house. I've done the twisty route on my bicycle a few times, almost caught-up to an RZ350 on the downhills.

Come and play
                Pat Kelly
                <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
                1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
                2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
                1999 Suburban (The Ship)
                1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
                1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

21/22 September semi-Rally

Okay kids, we're on! Tkat is on for entertaining y'all for a while, digging through his XSive goodies and taking bids on Don Gringo.

Chuck Wildman will lead you from there across Mt. Hamilton to Pat's place in Modesto. Thanks, Chuck!

Patrick Kelly will meet you guys on the road and guide you to base. Let Pat know about requests for tents or tent sites.

I have a class that AM until 1pm, but will meet you on the Mt. Hamilton road, unless I can weasel out early and hit Tkat's, which I really want to do. Tkat is an XSive National Treasure and a treasure trove of info on how to keep these old bikes running. If we can keep him from doing any more body bowling, maybe we can coax him to spend some time and trading stories.

For those on the CAXSives list, I'll send out addresses and directions to the sites. We'll figure out the schedule for the Yosemite/Gold Country ride on Sunday, pending time constraints and numbers involved.

I'd like to point out that Patrick and his wife have opened his home to a bunch of strangers and offered to BBQ tri-tip, and that Tkat has offered to limp around his shop entertaining the brethren even while he is stove up from his latest tumble. These guys are heroes and should be acknowledged.

I look forward to seeing all of you in Modesto. Contact me at lawrencehotz@hotmail.com for inclusion or questions.
                  ~LoHo~
                  "Time is the greatest teacher; unfortunately, it kills all of its students."

Comment

Working...
                  X