Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colorado Rally 2004 interest?

Hey Jerry:

I was working in Rifle a couple weeks ago. I get through there every couple months. Had my 80G leaking fuel all over 3rd street on the 14th. Cool town, though I mostly got to witness the interior of a nondescript and somewhat outdated office building.

R.

I would definitely be interested in a CO rally. Mid to late June works best for me.
    Tom Hunt
    Lawrence, KS

1981 XS1100H
    1998 Concours, 1984 PE175, 1974 GTMX

Comment

colorado rally

Hi Jerry, the rally sounds great and I can make it in mid, late June. I am a high school teacher so summer is the way for me to make any rally. Spring break and winter break I head over to the north shore and surf so hopefully later june works out. Let us know.....and you also are in a beautiful part of the great United States.......Mike in Sun Diego,,,,82 xj 1100 maxim
      mike
      1982 xj1100 maxim
      1981 venture bagger
      1999 Kawi Nomad 1500 greenie
      1959 wife

Comment

This looks to be shaping-up to be a good event. I still have all winter to convience SWMBO that I deserve to go. Better yet, get her XS750 running reliably and we both come (tho I do need my 'solo' time).
        Maybe we could get a group ride from CA, could be interesting.
        I'm susbscribing to this thread to keep my eye on developments
        Pat Kelly
        <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
        1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
        2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
        1999 Suburban (The Ship)
        1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
        1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

FALL in the ROCKIES

I guess I am the only one that thinks a late summer early fall would be very nice and more doable for me. I have never ridden at altitude. I wonder if Margret would mind? I would try to make either but Mid June isnt a good time for me.
          wpc57

'81LH Midnight Special "Margret"

I ain't as good as I once was..but I am as good once as I ever was.... (Toby Keith)

Comment

My wife and I purchased an 82 XJ 1100 that we just love and would like to meet other people that own similar bikes. We have never been on a ralley and would like to do one so we would be interested in a 2004 ride.

Comment

In planning, don't forget competition with the annual Aspencade run in Ruidoso, New Mexico. It happens this weekend and every year a couple weeks after Labor Day.

Comment

I put in this post earlier, but guess it got sent elsewhere, but....

when planning remember the competition in Sept. with the annual Aspencade Run in Ruidoso, New Mexico. It happens this weekend and every year in mid-Sept.

Comment

Jerry are you still planning this? We need to settle on a date.
                  Gary Granger
                  Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
                  2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

Had not set a date. Tale of woe...wife is still lookiing for work since our move, so I am still working two jobs (1 full, 1 part time) to make ends meet. Doesn't leave much time for other interests.

Prelim dates would be 3rd week of June (June 18,19,20) or 3rd week of October (October 15, 16, 17)

June needs to be late enough to avoid late snow and get into the early spring greens and spring-seasonal waterfalls. October early enough to avoid early snow and get the height of the fall color season.

Base would be out of the Rifle area area, which has camping and hotel/motel accomodations. Several state parks within 15 - 20 miles of town, including Rifle Gap State Park. Hotels available from around $40.00. National and mom-and-pop restaurants plus a couple yamaha dealers (Glenwood and Grand Junction) iif anyone needs parts or service.

All I can say is I'll set a date as soon as I can. At this point the fall date looks more likely just due to lead time and weather/fall color appeal.
                    Jerry Fields
                    '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
                    '06 Concours
                    My Galleries Page.
                    My Blog Page.
                    "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Hey Jerry,
                      Deb & I were trying to plan our honeymoon around the rally dates, so we could attend. We have nothing set yet, but late July or early August would be great for us !
                      We'll keep watching for updates so keep 'em coming !

XSively,
                      Bruce & Deb
                      Bruce Gerken
                      '79 XS1100SF
                      "The Black"
                      '2009 BMW k1300GT'
                      The Red Sled.
                      St.Augustine (354-430 AD) wrote,"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page . Well motorcycles turn the book of the world into a page turner. That is often impossible to put down.

Comment

Working...
                      X