2009 "Yosemite" Rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 "Yosemite" Rally

...will actually be at the Santa Margarita KOA, south of Paso Robles/Atascadero, on California's central coast, June 12-14.

The setting is nice. It is near a lake, offers rural twisties and coastal rides, with some great wineries in the vicinity.

Motel "campers" should try Atascadero or Paso Robles, a few miles north. There is a state park at the lake (less than two miles, an easy walk). One may fish in the lake, and we may have a lakeside gathering, but there is no swimming (there is a pool at the KOA). We should spend part of a ride beachcombing or tidepooling.

I will grill on Friday and Saturday evenings, and cook breakfast Saturday and Sunday mornings, with snackage as needed. Lunches will probably be on the road. The hamlet of Santa Margarita is near, and has a few amenities.

I am getting a Kamping Kabin, and will bring SWMBO and my youngest (no longer little) son. One possibility is that I'll ride two-up with Cail, and Kelly and the ladies can do as they will (wineries/shopping) by car.

There is a more extensive discussion in the Forum Lounge.

~LoHo~
    "Time is the greatest teacher; unfortunately, it kills all of its students."
Working...
X