Thinkin' 'bout Tahoe...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinkin' 'bout Tahoe...

This is a copy. The origional was posted on the Forum page. It is actually a cynical ploy to boost my number of post, muah,ha,ha,ha,ha!

Ray's "Daily ride" locked up the tranny at 80 MPH coming home from Yosemity, and he is still working on getting it fixed. Mine just turned over 100,000 miles. I suspect it has never had the timing chain replaced., and I really should take care of that, at least. Ray was the primary organizer / fearless leader of last years rally, but sez he just can't do it this year. I don't know if I can make it even if someone else organizes it.. There was some preliminary talk of having a "Mid Coast" mini rally some time this Summer, or early Fall, which I would really be into. I would love to share my stomping grounds with my brothers and sisters of XS! So.... will someone step up to organize this years Tahoe Rally? Or should we perhaps alternate doing a Tahoe Rally and a Yosemity Rally? I just want to get the dialogue started.
    E.Liberty

Check out the responses on the forum thread

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"
    I've been riding since 1959.

I'm up for it Ed!! I assume we're looking at the Labor Day weekend again. I'll cater the routes to the riders so we'll see who's interested in coming. The only real event I can offer is a sneak peak of the 2010 Cruise Missile. It's up and running.
    I'll talk to Dad and my brother and see what their schedule looks like.
    Matt
    1980sg-Stocker-- Sold
    1980sg- Cruise Missile- Sold to RODS454
    1990 ATK 604- Ditch Digger
    2005 BMW K1200S- Killer Bee
    2005 Suzuki GSX-R 1000- trackbike

Comment

Is this for this weekend? 08-30-08?
      1982 XJ1100J Maxim
      2000 BMW R1200C

“We go to heaven for the climate, hell for the company.” – Mark Twain

Comment

Yes, yes,yes, for this weekend!
        My cell# is 831-566-9474.
        Please call and I'll tell you where we can meet eather Sat evening or Sunday morning.
        E.Liberty
        Old bikers never die, they're just out of sight!

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"
        I've been riding since 1959.

Comment

Working...
        X