Colorado fall colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colorado fall colors

Last weekend I went up to SW Colorado for my favorite drive...Durango-Silverton-Ridegway-Telluride-Dolores. Fall colors above about 9,000 feet, particularly around Silverton and Telluride, were spectacular. Just under 1,200 miles. Left Friday afternoon, stayed in Durngo Friday night, Montrose on Saturday night, then home on Sunday.

Any interest in getting a few of us together for a fall ride next year? Could base out of Durango or Cortez (prefer Durango, myself) for a weekend of riding. Time would have to be (roughly) last 2 weeks of September - first week of October. Time of peak colors varies each year but peak colors generally hit about this time. This is a great ride even when the colors are not turning, BTW. I would take the lead in organizing it, have stayed in campgrounds and hotels in the area.

Am going up to North Rim next weekend. Have to do chores tomorrow and Sunday, but now is the best time to ride in the West. Hope to do Zion Natl. Park in 2 weeks if weather is still good.
    Jerry Fields
    '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
    '06 Concours
    My Galleries Page.
    My Blog Page.
    "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut
Working...
X