Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• daytona bike week 2006

March 3 thru 12, 2006. Bike week in Daytona Beach FL

I will likely ride down from near Atlanta Ga & camp.

Could be spring there then.

Any interest in going?

Brent Hoovestol
    It is a great big beautiful world out there
    Brent in GA
    Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Wait till I check the lottery numbers...

All I can say is have a nice time.

Photos!!! Especially of people enjoying the warmth.

I am shivering in PA.
    Marty in NW PA
    Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
    Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
    This IS my happy face.

Comment

Hi Brent,
      Enjoy Daytona. I made it last year , not on the bike, and will be in Daytona the following Sunday. Just not enough time off to do everything i want to. Where are you camping?
      Tomoka State park is real handy. If you want to do any of the test rides get to the booths early as the rides fill up fast.
      I managed a ride on a Moto Guzzi last year. V twin & shaft drive makes an interesting mix which you might enjoy.
      If you can Say Hi to Patti at the Schooner Bar for me
      1/2 way between Int'l Speedway Blvd and Main street on the Ocean side of Atlantic ave. See if my $100 bill is still stuck to the mirror behind the bar. Traded it for a Bud, let me know who got the better deal.

Hi Marty,
      roll on Spring in WV
      Maxim Phil
      1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
      1983 XJ 650 Maxim
      2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Thanks for interest and reply.

Have camped @ FL abate camping , Volusia county fair grounds about 20 miles from the speedway off I-4. may again. Tomoka state park is a good idea. I have seen it, but never stayed there.

With only 450 mi., a one day ride to get there, and camping, This might be a budget or good value trip. When it is too cold or wet for a good ride here and warm there, Riding is good there. Still there are not the great twisty or mountain roads I expect to see in WV.

Pictures are a good idea. I will see what I can do.

Moto- Guzi...hm...I should try it. Have done many different demo rides, even one Excelsior Henderson, but never moto-guzi.

Cu in the spring,
        Brent in Ga
        It is a great big beautiful world out there
        Brent in GA
        Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

Working...
        X