Ride Across America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ride Across America

My 60th Birthday is coming up this year and I want to do something special. So for my vacation I will be doing a “Ride Across America” visiting my children. My route is posted at http://www.sarkon.net/Ride/Ride_Index.htm . If anyone what to make this 17 day ride or any part of the ride, let me know. It should be fun, and with more people riding along it will much more fun and enjoyable for me too. While I am visiting with family and friends, there is a lot of places to see and side trips that can be made. You will have lots to do and lots to see. Come join me and lets Ride Across America.
    “If you keep doing what you’re doing, you will keep getting what you’re getting”.

I'm jealous. Your 79 looks better then mine......That's the labor day weekend your starting out on. I may be able to hook up with you from cornfield Ia. and ride along to soybeanfield Ne. Not sure yet. That's still along way away.
    S.R.Czekus

1-Project SG (Ugly Rat Bike)(URB)
    1-big XS patch
    1-small XS/XJ patch
    1-XS/XJ owners pin.
    1-really cool XS/XJ owners sticker on my helmet.
    2-2005 XS rally T-shirts, (Bean Blossom, In)
    1-XVS1300C Yamaha Stryker Custom (Mosquito)
    1-VN900C Kawasaki Custom (Jelly Bean)

Just do it !!!!!

Comment

Well, if you stay on I-70 out of Denver you will go within a couple miles of me. (Rifle, CO. Exit 90.) I would be interested in hooking up as far as St. George. You plan to do that stretch in 1 day or 2? All interstate, fairly fast moving, but a couple 'scenic' stops here and there if you are looking for a break. MapQuest puts the distance at about 632 miles, just a little over 9 hours travel time. Do-able in 1 day if you get started early.
      Jerry Fields
      '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
      '06 Concours
      My Galleries Page.
      My Blog Page.
      "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

When i was in the Navy stationed in Beeville, Texas I would drive up to Rifle, CO with my dad to hunt. We would hunt north of you near Meeker on the Peeonce Creek. (Not sure of the spelling). It would be a pleasure to ride with you. If i can figure out how to put up a calendar i will post the schedule.

RagWing
        “If you keep doing what you’re doing, you will keep getting what you’re getting”.

Comment

Ride on!

Have a blast! If you're hitting Vegas, ya may plan on hitting eastern California...like Yosemite. Don't forget Hoover Dam just south of vegas...get off the highways in New Mexico, Colorado, etc.

Most of all, have a blast!
          CUAgain,
          Daniel Meyer
          Author. Adventurer. Electrician.
          Find out why...It's About the Ride.

Comment

We would hunt north of you near Meeker on the Peeonce Creek. (Not sure of the spelling.)
            Close, spelling is Pieceance Creek (pronouned pee-saunts creek). I rode through that area a bit today, temp in the mid '40s and it is an easy, but not all that scenic, ride. You come out west of Meeker, make the loop back to town along the White River, then back down to Rifle. Area is well-known for both deer and elk hunting.
            Jerry Fields
            '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
            '06 Concours
            My Galleries Page.
            My Blog Page.
            "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonrider
              Ride on!

Have a blast! If you're hitting Vegas, ya may plan on hitting eastern California...like Yosemite. Don't forget Hoover Dam just south of vegas...get off the highways in New Mexico, Colorado, etc.

Most of all, have a blast!
              I do plan of having fun, but I dont think I can streach out my vacation any more. I will get back to Nashville on Sunday the 17th and will have to fly out to Huston, TX for a week.

I have been trying to talk my brother into making the ride with me but he wants to sell his custom Harley first. (hehehe)

RagWing

Comment

ride accross America

I am interested. Not there yet, but I am in the wanting & dreaming stage. Any make bike ok to ride with you?
                It is a great big beautiful world out there
                Brent in GA
                Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

Hay, What ever works for you. I was going to make it on my XS1100 but I just picked up a new Suzuki C90. Today was my forst ride on it 121 miles at 28 degrees, was all I could stand. LOL

I will sell my XS1100 before the ride in September. But what ever you ride is fine with me.

RagWing

Comment

Working...
                  X