No announcement yet.

Vintage Yamaha Rally - USA 2024 - 23rd Annual - Stecoah, North Carolina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LAST CALL if you want to Order a 2024 Rally shirt .............

Get er' done by this weekend (Sept 8) so Kurt can finalize the order (Sept 9th) with the shirt guy.

As always, your shirt(s) will be at Iron Horse when you Check-In with us upon your arrival.
    Nancy will have your shirt in your Goodie Bag. Unless you select the 'Ship' Option to have your shirt mailed to you.

Thanks
    Last edited by JeffH; 09-03-2024, 08:40 AM.
    78' XS1100 E
    78' XS1100 E
    78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
    '99 Triumph Sprint ST
    '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Hi y'all, looking forward to another fantastic Yamaha Rally! Be there Fri-Sat-Sun cabin by the creek. Spoke with my buddy Earl G the other day, he will not be able to attend this year due to job obligations. If anyone needs a room space to share let me know. send me msg @ dynagliderob@yahoo.com (be better than sleeping on the ground in a tent!). Been coming for ten years now and the Rally & site never disappoint! Great fall getaway for me from the swampass of SW FL!
      79 XS Special Gone, but not forgotten,
      '17 Harley-Davidson FXDF Fat Bob
      '15 Suzuki V Strom 1000 XC
      '07 Buell XB12SSTT Lightning

Comment

FYI, this rally is still published in Motorcycle Classics magazine. It's in the September/October 2024 issue. vintageyamaharally.com is listed as contact. I don't know if y'all are updating it, or is it running on autopilot since I had them put it in. I hope you get a great turnout!
        Marty (in Mississippi)
        XS1100SG
        XS650SK
        XS650SH
        XS650G
        XS6502F
        XS650E

Comment

Been looking things over and there's a good chance I'll be showing up at least for a little while to check out the other bikes. Right now I'm at Smitty's in Tellico Plains and have a new lady friend not too far away so I'll probably be sticking around this area for a bit.
          1980 XS1100G

I identify as a man but according to the label on a package of Stauffers Baked Lasagne I'm actually a family of four!

Comment

Originally posted by LAB3 View Post
            Been looking things over and there's a good chance I'll be showing up at least for a little while to check out the other bikes. Right now I'm at Smitty's in Tellico Plains and have a new lady friend not too far away so I'll probably be sticking around this area for a bit.

That sounds GREAT ................. Good Plan
            Be nice to see you.

Plus it is a nice ride from Tellico to Stecoah - and back.
            but sure a lousy ride after dark when BigFoot and Sasquatch are lurking on 165 / 143 as the often do. Fog too. BTDT @ a scary 'can't see nothing' 15 mph. Night Fog = about 0-0 visibility up there.

fyi: while some are at Iron Horse all week we get a surge of attendees on Thursday afternoon but Friday afternoon is when many arrive.
            So Friday afternoon-evening is good to hang out and see bikes. Saturday by 9am many are out riding. Same with Sunday.
            If you wanted you could hook up with us at a meet point. Then of course Saturday afternoon / evening the best time when Bike & People are at Iron Horse after a day of riding.

Jeff
            78' XS1100 E
            78' XS1100 E
            78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
            '99 Triumph Sprint ST
            '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Originally posted by JeffH View Post

That sounds GREAT ................. Good Plan
              Be nice to see you.

Plus it is a nice ride from Tellico to Stecoah - and back.
              but sure a lousy ride after dark when BigFoot and Sasquatch are lurking on 165 / 143 as the often do. Fog too. BTDT @ a scary 'can't see nothing' 15 mph. Night Fog = about 0-0 visibility up there.

fyi: while some are at Iron Horse all week we get a surge of attendees on Thursday afternoon but Friday afternoon is when many arrive.
              So Friday afternoon-evening is good to hang out and see bikes. Saturday by 9am many are out riding. Same with Sunday.
              If you wanted you could hook up with us at a meet point. Then of course Saturday afternoon / evening the best time when Bike & People are at Iron Horse after a day of riding.

Jeff
              Appreciate you giving me the itinerary/schedule I'm moving over to the NC side of the dragon tomorrow and will more than likely wander around over there a bit then camp near the rally. As you can see from my new avatar motels aren't my thing.
              1980 XS1100G

I identify as a man but according to the label on a package of Stauffers Baked Lasagne I'm actually a family of four!

Comment

Appreciate you giving me the itinerary/schedule I'm moving over to the NC side of the dragon tomorrow and will more than likely wander around over there a bit then camp near the rally. As you can see from my new avatar motels aren't my thing.
                FWIW, there are fifteen Camping spots the Iron Horse along Stecoah Creek if you are interested. includes the Shower & Bath house across the creek. Think it is $36 bucks.

78' XS1100 E
                78' XS1100 E
                78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Hah! Looked up where Stecoah is awhile back to get an idea where it is, turns out that right now I'm camped about 20 miles away! See y'all there
                  1980 XS1100G

Comment

Less that two weeks until Rally time

For Reference, here is the link for the Schedule of Events providing an overview of the What, Where & When

Iron Horse WILL have a simple Dinner (guess some places call that Supper) for us on Sunday Night 9/29 for those that are staying over Sunday night.
                    So for those of us that want the convenience of a Sunday dinner meal at Iron Horse we can signup and pay for that Sunday Dinner on Fri-Sat.

Remember: Iron Horse is not a Restaurant with a full Menu. The Chef & Kitchen prepare a food selection for each day so we can pick what items we might like off that Daily Choice Menu.
                    Also, the do not do a Lunch.

Jeff

Link to the PDF with your on Schedule of Events. Just Click on that info i box and presto ...........
                    Last edited by JeffH; 09-14-2024, 12:43 PM.
                    78' XS1100 E
                    78' XS1100 E
                    78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                    '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                    '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

CONSTRUCTION ALERT

Hwy 143 between Robinsville and Hwy 28 is undergoing a MAJOR re-engineering project as well as HWY 28 for the about 1 1/2 mi south of the Hwy 143 intersection. Locals are reporting up to 1/2 delays on weekdays between 8am and 5pm.

Just ran from Robinsville via 143 to 28 then to Deals Gap and had zero issues BUT if your plans are to come early or stay late keep in mind you may get tied up along 143 and also the intersection at 28.
                      1980 XS1100G

Comment

CONSTRUCTION ALERT

Hwy 143 between Robinsville and Hwy 28 is undergoing a MAJOR re-engineering project as well as HWY 28 for the about 1 1/2 mi south of the Hwy 143 intersection. Locals are reporting up to 1/2 delays on weekdays between 8am and 5pm.

Just ran from Robinsville via 143 to 28 then to Deals Gap and had zero issues BUT if your plans are to come early or stay late keep in mind you may get tied up along 143 and also the intersection at 28.

Yep, more than a decade in the Planning & Assessment phase. Years in Public Meetings.
                        Last major project in the Federal US DOT Appalachian Development Highway System Program: Reroute US19 & US74 out of the Nantahala Gorge over to NC28 and NC143.

Graham County
                        • R-2822B: A $31 million project to upgrade the roadway on N.C. 143 from West Buffalo Creek to N.C. 143 Business is under way now with right-of-way acquisition. Construction is scheduled to begin in 2025. This project will improve access to the Cherohala Skyway.
                        • A-009CA, A-0009CB, A-0009CC and A-0009CD: A $312.4 million project divided into four phases to upgrade and widen N.C. 143 from Five Point Road in Robbinsville to the existing four-lane highway at Wolf Creek. A section near Stecoah to Wolf Creek is estimated to cost $35.1 million and has not been funded, while the remaining three sections are in the process of construction.
                        • R-5839BA: A $13.3 million project to upgrade N.C 28 from the Graham/Swain county line at the Little Tennessee River to Woods Road at Fontana Village. Right-of-way acquisition is set to begin in 2027, with construction planned to begin in 2029.
                        NC DOT had three engineered proposals. This is the one they picked. No 4 lane Tunnels through the mountain in this version.

Be another Decade before it is all done. They call this Progress ...............

Last year NC DOT had finished the section of NC143 out of Robbinsville up to the top of Sweetwater Gap where the Appalachian Trail (AT) crosses NC143. So with that done they finished down to NC28 and now, per the project plan, heading east on NC28 with the heavy road equipment widening and culverts and and and.
                        Jeff
                        Last edited by JeffH; Yesterday, 12:28 PM.
                        78' XS1100 E
                        78' XS1100 E
                        78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                        '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                        '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

This is the 2024 Schedule of Events for the Rally

NOTE: SPAMMER ON FB trying to sell t-shirts. There is a SPAMMER on Facebook pretending to represent Vintage Yamaha Rally. This person is NOT authorized to sell t-shirts or use our registered LOGO on anything. Anything you purchase from this person is likely to be a waste of money as you are unlikely to get anything but to be stolen from.

AUTHORIZED T-SHIRTS
                          T:Shirts for those that ordered will be available for pick-up at the Rally. We will have a LIMITED supply of extras for purchase at the Rally. Again a LIMITED quantity of extras.

Kurt Boehringer
                          Peachtree City, Georgia

1970 - CT70K0 - Mini-Trail
                          1978 - SR500 - Thumper
                          1979 - CT70H - Mini-Trail
                          1979 - XS1100SF - Pensacola
                          1980 - XS850SG - Rocky
                          1980 - XS1100SG - The Ugly Duck
                          1980 - XS1100SG - Mayberry Duck
                          1981 - XS1100SH - DEAD Duck Cafe'
                          1981 - XJ550 Maxim - Nancy's Mini-Max
                          1982 - XJ650 SECA - Hurricane
                          1986 - FJ1200 - Georgia Big Red
                          1992 - FZR1000 - Genesis
                          2016 - FJR1300A - Montgomery

Comment

Originally posted by JeffH View Post

Be another Decade before it is all done. They call this Progress ...............

Jeff
                            Having formerly been a Land Surveyor I'm quite familiar with what's involved in these types of projects. Personally I prefer to get my civil engineering news from places other than motorcycle repair forums. There's a reason I retired earlier than most!

1980 XS1100G

Comment

Working...
                            X