Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire Sale? Rockdale Cycles Racing (RCR) - Conyers, GA

Southeast XS11 Friends,

I thought we use to have a regional section for misc. posts in an area but maybe that was only back on XS11.com?

Anyway, my buddy David over at Rockdale Cycles seems to be selling off everything. Most of it very reasonable. This is where I purchased the XS850 several months ago......

Today, I took another ride over there bought a tire and some other misc. goodies. He has a pretty nice XS1100 he's looking to sell for $300!!!! Not sure what's wrong with it but this is also a repair shop not just a scrap yard and what is usually the case is the owner didn't want it fixed after hearing the price quote. I suspect nothing is wrong except the typical items we all know how to repair. If I didn't already have five of them (and 13 other bikes) I'd consider it.

I also noticed he has NOT LESS THAN FIVE(5) complete XS11 motors in the storage truck I strongly suspect these could be had for ~$100 each! There are several XS11 tanks in the tank and plastics storage truck.

I did make a good $20 purchase while I was there..... I grabbed a set of XS11 carbs (80 /81 version) for $20...... Now, it wasn't THAT great a deal they are basically just the bodies of #1,#2,#3 as #4 has been damaged so it's pretty much worthless but with as hard as some of these are to come by and even with several spare rebuilt sets on the shelf I couldn't pass up a good 1,2,3, set of bodies for a mere $20.

If your're in the greater ATL region and looking for parts for an XS11, this could be an opportunity to grab something at a good price!!!! I think David's plan may be to close up or at the very least get out of the junkyard stuff....

Kurt

P.S. - Let me know you're planning to go and if it's a weekend I might could meet you there and show you were all the goodies are stored. At the very least I could call David and tell him one of my friends was going to stop in to assure you the best prices!

Kurt Boehringer
    Peachtree City, Georgia

1970 - CT70K0 - Mini-Trail
    1978 - SR500 - Thumper
    1979 - CT70H - Mini-Trail
    1979 - XS1100SF - Pensacola
    1980 - XS850SG - Rocky
    1980 - XS1100SG - The Ugly Duck
    1980 - XS1100SG - Mayberry Duck
    1981 - XS1100SH - DEAD Duck Cafe'
    1981 - XJ550 Maxim - Nancy's Mini-Max
    1982 - XJ650 SECA - Hurricane