Clear All

Had 25 arrivals by Thursday evening.

Friday AM at sunrise

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210924_071633.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	190.5 KB
ID:	866568

More arrivals throughout the day Friday.

Dinner then Safety Briefing by MikeA followed by an entertaining Magic Show by Paul.

Bikes and people resting up for big ride day tomorrow.

Photos and chatter from today at
    Vintage Yamaha Rally - Home | Facebook

Having fun but missing those that couldn't make it this year.

Jeff

78' XS1100 E
    78' XS1100 E
    78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
    '99 Triumph Sprint ST
    '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

I just got home at 4:30, 8 ½ hours on the roads for 500 miles. I decided not to take the Rattler, Rt-209, it was cold and gloomy around 9:00. I continued on to I-81 where the press was on.

I’m still reveling over the weekend. Great weather, great rides, great friends. With bright skies, severe clear, it was an experience riding from shade to sun light and through tree shaded tunnels.

Used most of my cold weather clothes, with the mornings overcast, foggy and in the 40s. It’s remarkable how you’ll be riding in the mist, the over a rise you’re in sunlight with no clouds above.

Again, a great weekend. Thanks to all who made it a success.
      Darrell
      78E
      80G project
      06FJR

Comment

Just wanted to say my friend Tony and I really enjoyed the weekend. We didn’t bring motorcycles but I made some new friends for sure. Tim Overcash (XS 650) and I are getting together again to jam on our harmonicas here in NC. Turns out he lives 10 miles from me. The highlight of the trip for me was when Kurt allowed me to drive his SR 500 around the block! First time I have driven a bike in 18 years! He has a lot of courage! Another highlight was when I won a two night stay in the Conestoga wagons. I promptly used them to reserve for next year! The wonderful owner upgraded me to the same cabin room we had this year. I look forward to next year and I will have a bike ready! Thanks again to all who work so hard on this for us!
        79 F

Comment

Just checking on Jeff. Any word from him??
          1980 XS1100 SG
          1979 XS1100 F
          1982 XJ 650
          1983 XS 650

Comment

Originally posted by BBQRider View Post
            Just checking on Jeff. Any word from him??
            He's good. I chatted with him yesterday.
            Marty (in Mississippi)
            XS1100SG
            XS650SK
            XS650SH
            XS650G
            XS6502F
            XS650E

Comment

Thanks Marty. There’s been several of us worried about him. By the way, your rally presence or lack there of the past couple years has been missed by many as well. Hope your well and look forward to seeing you in the near future?!
              1980 XS1100 SG
              1979 XS1100 F
              1982 XJ 650
              1983 XS 650

Comment

Originally posted by BBQRider View Post
                Thanks Marty. There’s been several of us worried about him. By the way, your rally presence or lack there of the past couple years has been missed by many as well. Hope your well and look forward to seeing you in the near future?!
                Yeah, I'm a lot of hours away and not enough vacation time. If y'all keep it going, I'll likely be back. For now, I'm exploring Mississippi and the Ozarks.
                Marty (in Mississippi)
                XS1100SG
                XS650SK
                XS650SH
                XS650G
                XS6502F
                XS650E

Comment

Working...
                X