2020 Vintage Yamaha Rally - 9/25 to 9/27/20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 Vintage Yamaha Rally - 9/25 to 9/27/20

Planning to attend the 2020 Vintage Yamaha Rally?
    ~ September 24-25-26-27, 2020

Now is the time to make your Reservations with the Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge. Last year's Rally was an incredible success with a greater variety of Vintage Yamaha's than ever before!! Early indications are that the 2020 Rally will be even better!!!!

Iron Horse is now taking reservations on a 1st come, 1st served basis for any available room (Cabin, Bunkhouse, RV Site, Tent Spot, or Conestoga Wagon) for our Vintage Yamaha Rally weekend.

Mention you are 'Vintage Yamaha' BUT the Iron Horse NO LONGER BLOCKS OFF their entire facility exclusively for us. So, if you really want a room, we suggesting booking IMMEDIATELY since they will likely fully book VYR again for 2020.

www.ironhorsenc.com/rates to fill out an online reservation request -or- call them at 828-479-3864

Don't miss out, come join the FUN

The VYR Planning Team
    Kurt Boehringer
    Peachtree City, Georgia

1970 - CT70K0 - Mini-Trail
    1978 - SR500 - Thumper
    1979 - CT70H - Mini-Trail
    1979 - XS1100SF - Pensacola
    1980 - XS850SG - Rocky
    1980 - XS1100SG - The Ugly Duck
    1980 - XS1100SG - Mayberry Duck
    1981 - XS1100SH - DEAD Duck Cafe'
    1981 - XJ550 Maxim - Nancy's Mini-Max
    1982 - XJ650 SECA - Hurricane
    1986 - FJ1200 - Georgia Big Red
    1992 - FZR1000 - Genesis
    2016 - FJR1300A - Montgomery

It appears the new policy has not changed, unfortunately.

https://ironhorsenc.com/rates/policies/
    '78 XS1100E (the newest bike I've ever owned)
    '74 CB350F1 (under restoration)
    '72 RT2 MX360 (gone but not forgotten)

Comment

Reserved😘😜
      "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
      1981 LH

Comment

RV site booked... Signed up on the Vintage site.
        Tom
        2004 FJR1300abs 311,000 kilometers and counting
        gone,but not forgotten 1978 XS11E

Comment

Come enjoy riding the Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains at the 2020 Vintage Yamaha Rally

YES, THIS IS GOOD

-or- if you prefer

THIS IS GOOD TOO

but need to be 100% sure of your track

See ya Sept 25-26-27 at the Iron Horse (or whatever combo of days you can be there)
          Stecoah, North Carolina

Team VYR
          78' XS1100 E
          78' XS1100 E
          78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
          '99 Triumph Sprint ST
          '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

I'm in! First year for me!
            1979 XS1100F
            2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Originally posted by IanDMacDonald View Post
              I'm in! First year for me!
              I'm really looking forward to meeting you, neighbor! We have lots to talk about.

I plan on trailering the Venturer and another bike TBD.

Watch out for trucks that might run you off the road!
              -Mike
              _________
              '79 XS1100SF 20k miles
              '80 XS1100SG 44k miles
              '81 XS1100H Venturer 35k miles
              '79 XS750SF 17k miles
              '85 Honda V65 Magna ~7k miles
              '84 Honda V65 Magna 48k miles (parts bike)
              '86 Yamaha VMAX 9k miles

Previous: '68 Motoguzzi 600cc + '79 XS750SF 22k miles +'84 Honda V65

Comment

It's funny, Mike. I never think about it until this post. Yeah, I had interest in the Colorado ride, but I'll be teaching that weekend.

XS-SE and XS-East this year, it looks like. I wish we could do another Lost U.P. Rally. Erik the Red did awesome with it. Got sole of the XS-SE guys up there.
                1979 XS1100F
                2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

As family functions happen …. We not be attending this year.
                  Tom
                  2004 FJR1300abs 311,000 kilometers and counting
                  gone,but not forgotten 1978 XS11E

Comment

Originally posted by Huron52 View Post
                    As family functions happen …. We not be attending this year.
                    thats too bad Tom. Maybe next year .
                    '78 XS1100E (the newest bike I've ever owned)
                    '74 CB350F1 (under restoration)
                    '72 RT2 MX360 (gone but not forgotten)

Comment

Not going either..I'll be in sunny Arizona...10 yrs for this rally but Im prolly done with it...
                      1980 XS650G Special-Two
                      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Yeah, people aren't smart enough to stay away. It is too much a tourist draw.
                        Like the beaches, CLOSED. Cities & States just having to order things CLOSED to keep people from mingling and spreading contagion.
                        Even though rural and mountainous i'm glad they shut it down to keep tourist people from being drawn to the area.

I'm not sure what going on in the north Georgia mountains but Atlanta had to issue Executive Orders to shut things down to keep people from gathering.
                        12 year old girl in Intensive Care with the virus here. CDC working on how she got exposed. Hope the best for her.

Guess all we can do is stay safe and social distance until the scientists figure this thing out.
                        Like being around somebody smoking (or passing gas); when we exhale it goes all around.

Stay safe ................

Jeff
                        78' XS1100 E
                        78' XS1100 E
                        78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                        '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                        '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Yeah staying too close to home...even my college reunion in Tucson is cancelled...so we arent going anywhere anytime soon...
                          1980 XS650G Special-Two
                          1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Cherohala+++ Closed

Originally posted by JeffH View Post
                            .....SNIP......
                            Cities & States just having to order things CLOSED to keep people from mingling and spreading contagion.
                            Even though rural and mountainous i'm glad they shut it down to keep tourist people from being drawn to the area.
                            ....SNIP.....
                            Jeff
                            According to several legit articles I've read and Official estimates, this bug will hopefully be in our rear-view mirrors by early-mid summer (June/July). As a result all the people that love the area as our Rally attendees do will be scrambling for an opportunity to ride those fantastic roads and take in the beautiful scenery.

We have some issues with the new reservation procedures we have not been able to resolve to our complete satisfaction. But, there is now all the more reason to make and confirm the reservation for the last week (or weekend) of September. We could find that all those that missed out in the spring are going to try to grab our weekend....

Make the reservations~!!!

Kurt Boehringer
                            Peachtree City, Georgia

1970 - CT70K0 - Mini-Trail
                            1978 - SR500 - Thumper
                            1979 - CT70H - Mini-Trail
                            1979 - XS1100SF - Pensacola
                            1980 - XS850SG - Rocky
                            1980 - XS1100SG - The Ugly Duck
                            1980 - XS1100SG - Mayberry Duck
                            1981 - XS1100SH - DEAD Duck Cafe'
                            1981 - XJ550 Maxim - Nancy's Mini-Max
                            1982 - XJ650 SECA - Hurricane
                            1986 - FJ1200 - Georgia Big Red
                            1992 - FZR1000 - Genesis
                            2016 - FJR1300A - Montgomery

Comment

Shutting down those roads has everything to do with keeping emergency personnel available to work with sick people and not motorcyclists and car drivers that ride/drive over their heads.

Geting past labor Day will keep the crowds down a good bit at least that's my thought.

I wish you guys could come out to the Colorado rally and enjoy a different kind of riding, and I wish I could get back to join you guys for yours.
                              Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

Working...
                              X