Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATL Area XS1100 Parts

Atlanta Area XS Folks,
    I'm becoming a little overwhelmed with extra parts. I have doubles and more of many items. Extremely unlikely I'll ever use a fraction of these parts.

So, I've been tossing some stuff in the trash. Yet, the pack-rat in me won't allow too much of that. I don't know if I would have what you need but, if you're starting on a new basket case it's likely I have some of the stuff you might need to get your XS11 on the road.

FYI... While I've been restoring my XS11's (4) I've often installed a good part and then found one a little better later and then "upgraded" so-to-speak so some of this stuff is not perfect but is functional.

Now, I'm more than a little reluctant at this as "Mr. Nice Guy" gave away a bunch of Trans Am parts to local guys when my T/A resto was done. Shortly thereafter I found most of these parts listed on the local Craigslist and Ebay. There's no expressing how pi$$$$ed that made me as pretty much everything was GIVEN away to guys that were supposed to be trying to restore T/A's like me.

If your in this area, working on a resto and need something.... reach out to me. Most of this stuff would be free to an XS11.com member. Some stuff (noted) would not but would be very reasonable.

Some of the stuff I have in multiples....
    • Several sets of XS11 Rims Front & Rear and an "E" rear rim. (put XJ rims on all of mine)
    • XS850 final drive (decided not to do this mod)
    • Yamaha Full Fairing with Screen (had some damage, repaired, needs a little more finishing and paint.)
    • Multiple Side Engine covers and Valve Covers.
    • Drive shafts and U-Joints.
    • Various pieces for the Yamaha saddle bags. Gave the bags to a close friend and one bracket to another XS11 guy.
    • Special Forks, a little pitting but better than bent if yours are bent.
    • MULTIPLE Windscreens with hardware a couple are Memphis Shades
    • Semi-Good fenders (definitely not perfect but functional).
    • Many Internal Engine Parts.
    • Heads, Cylinders, Cranks,
    • Lots of Misc. Electrical Suff.
    • '81 ECM (would love to trade for an '80)
    • Gonna have a pretty decent '80/'81 SPECIAL seat in a couple weeks when my spare recover is done.
    • Three or Four Tanks (all special - NOT FREE)
    • Four or Five sets of carbs (various years all good no broken posts - NOT FREE but reasonable)
    • Several loose carbs.
    • Side covers for an "G" (I think it was an G Slot one side round on the other)
    • I had a few gauges but can't seem to find them, I'll find eventually.
    • Boxes of Carb parts including good diaphragm sets, etc.
    • Yamaha Sport Fairings (not FREE but cheap).

One hitch.... I AINT SHIPPING NOTHING.. But, I travel around this region a lot and can meet and help out. Going to Panama City in a couple weeks, regularly in Montgomery and will be there for service on the FJR in a month or two, NC in September, etc. I'll work with you if your restoring a bike but I AINT SHIPPING NOTHING!

Sincerely,
    Last edited by kboehringer; 08-06-2017, 10:26 AM.
    Kurt Boehringer
    Peachtree City, Georgia

1970 - CT70K0 - Mini-Trail
    1978 - SR500 - Thumper
    1979 - CT70H - Mini-Trail
    1979 - XS1100SF - Pensacola
    1980 - XS850SG - Rocky
    1980 - XS1100SG - The Ugly Duck
    1980 - XS1100SG - Mayberry Duck
    1981 - XS1100SH - DEAD Duck Cafe'
    1981 - XJ550 Maxim - Nancy's Mini-Max
    1982 - XJ650 SECA - Hurricane
    1986 - FJ1200 - Georgia Big Red
    1992 - FZR1000 - Genesis
    2016 - FJR1300A - Montgomery

I'm looking for a starter. Mine cooked itself into tiny pieces and is impossible to get disassembled since all the screws are worn out.

I live in Decatur. Any help would be appreciated
    1980 SH - 100% custom wired Road warrior with motogadget everything.
    Looks like a scrap heap, runs like a dream.
    Master of the wires.

Comment

Got a couple - Check your Private Messages

Originally posted by TheNeverCat View Post
      I'm looking for a starter. Mine cooked itself into tiny pieces and is impossible to get disassembled since all the screws are worn out.

I live in Decatur. Any help would be appreciated
      I got a couple, I'll give you one.... Check your private messages I sent you my phone #
      Kurt Boehringer
      Peachtree City, Georgia

1978 - SR500 - Thumper
      1980 - XS850SG - Rocky
      1992 - FZR1000 - Genesis

Comment

Looking for headlight switch for my 1979 XS 1100 Special

I live in Hampton, GA and am looking for a replacement headlight/turn signal switch. I just pulled my m/c from storage and found the broken switch.
        Jim Mason
        Hampton, GA
        79 SF Original Owner

Comment

ATL Area XS1100 Parts

XS11 Folks,
          It's a rainy day here in ATL and I've going to be spending the day cleaning up the garage, attempting to finish my FINAL XS11 build ('79 Special Special ), and clearing some room for yet another Yamaha project I will pick-up in a couple weeks.
          I realize I have far too many XS11 parts I will absolutely never ever use.
          Just to reiterate, I have plenty of useful pieces (noted above) that will find a new home or the garbage can.
          Not sure how many people are working on or restoring these in the ATL area other than Jeff, Mike P. and I or even how many people still visit this site....
          I apologize to Jim who requested a switch and I never saw the post and I never saw a post response e-mail.

If you are in the ATL area and need something......Now is the time to send me a note....

Sincerely,
          Kurt
          Kurt Boehringer
          Peachtree City, Georgia

1978 - SR500 - Thumper
          1980 - XS850SG - Rocky
          1992 - FZR1000 - Genesis

Comment

Hey, Kurt.
            I don't need anything, and I live too far away anyway. Just want to say kudos to you and "Thank You" for your efforts on the part of Yamaha lovers everywhere. It's very cool of you to reach out like this and offer to help others. LOVE your pic, btw. Happy New Year!

Regards

-Jon-
            1981 XS1100LH MNS #103 ("Dark Side")
            Yamaha "Mini Cruiser" Windscreen, K & N filters, Iridium Plugs, ATK Fork Brace, LED T.S. Conversion, Bridgestone S11 Spitfires.
            Otherwise all original, definitely a Survivor.
            Previous:
            1981 XS850LH MNS (R.I.P. 1983), 1982 XJ650 SECA TURBO, 1983 XJ650 SECA TURBO
            Cage:
            2K2 TB

"Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak."

Comment

Kurt, if you bring the 4R0 TCI to the rally at Lake City, I'll trade you a 2H7.
              2H7 (79)
              3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Working...
              X