XS Southeast T-Shirt 2014 Rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post
    We'll take whatever money you bring. I'm just hoping you can show up and do the transaction in person. Ride safe!
    Better check that check's rubber content, Marty!
    '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
    "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

Our Rally shirt Order goes in Sep 4

** LAST CALL for ORDERING this hopefully nice XS11 shirt **
      I plan to go see Shirt Printer Dude with the Shirt Count on Thurs Sept 4. So if you want to have one of these beauties let us know.
      If you are not coming to the Rally but still want one we can mail it (I think we said like +$4 or $5 more to cover mailer and postage).

Jeff
      78' XS1100 E
      78' XS1100 E
      78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
      '99 Triumph Sprint ST
      '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Big BUMP!

We're in the last days and almost over the hump. Get 'em while you can! Need not be present to win. On the fence about the rally? Send $$, we'll send the shirt.

Last edited by jetmechmarty; 09-02-2014, 02:00 PM.
        Marty (in Mississippi)
        XS1100SG
        XS650SK
        XS650SH
        XS650G
        XS6502F
        XS650E

Comment

If you want the shirt or more shirts or whatever, contact me now. Tomorrow is too late.
          Marty (in Mississippi)
          XS1100SG
          XS650SK
          XS650SH
          XS650G
          XS6502F
          XS650E

Comment

Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post
            If you want the shirt or more shirts or whatever, contact me now. Tomorrow is too late.
            Yep, the ship has sailed ............
            I just placed the Order. 70 shirts. I'll go pick em' up on Wed 17th.

3 weeks till 'Show Time' so we got stuff to finalize & print then some roads to check Tue 9th or Wed 10th look pretty good for that.
            Oh, my bike doesn't have any pickup coil wires just now. better fix that this weekend.

Jeff
            78' XS1100 E
            78' XS1100 E
            78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
            '99 Triumph Sprint ST
            '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

yee haw!!!
              1980 XS650G Special-Two
              1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by XJOK2PLAY View Post
                Better check that check's rubber content, Marty!
                You tryin' to start another tire thread?
                Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
                  You tryin' to start another tire thread?
                  Nope, just questioning how those checks of yours roll down the road...
                  Do they run-flat, or do they bounce?

Wasn't sure about which rubber compound they might be made of...
                  '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
                  "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

Ha ha ha ha ......they float.....
                    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffH View Post
                      Yep, the ship has sailed ............
                      I just placed the Order. 70 shirts. I'll go pick em' up on Wed 17th.

3 weeks till 'Show Time' so we got stuff to finalize & print then some roads to check Tue 9th or Wed 10th look pretty good for that.
                      Oh, my bike doesn't have any pickup coil wires just now. better fix that this weekend.

Jeff
                      What.....you still haven't had a chance to install that wire that was handed to you when I was there?........too much to do, and not enough time.
                      81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                        What.....you still haven't had a chance to install that wire that was handed to you when I was there?........too much to do, and not enough time.
                        Nope, house is falling apart faster than I can fix it + other priorities of late. Maybe this upcoming week I'll get to it.
                        Ordered some small diameter 20 gauge, higher temp rating flexi wire to evaluate.
                        Made some shorter 20-22 butt connectors to try and do it the airplane crimp way as we discussed with jetmech.
                        (like: 130 degrees in attic as I R&R the attic fan. I don't see how the HVAC guys do it all day long. Now that was not what I call fun!
                        on a ladder in the hot attic all contorted & shouting obscenities ....... )

Joy though is a Rally to look forward to and seeing all those 70 Red Sun 11 XS shirts being worn with some XSive chit-chat going on before we "GO RIDE".

Jeff
                        78' XS1100 E
                        78' XS1100 E
                        78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                        '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                        '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

3 weeks...................
                          Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

busy Jeff

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                            Jeff was also busy helping me change oout some valve shims on my XS. That job is even harder than removing & replacing the seat. One intake valve clearance was wide !??! Valve must have been staying closed too long, closing too early and not fully opening. No wonder I was having trouble syncing & tuning. Should not have skipped the "check valve clearance step". One exhaust valve was tooo tight. No more riding XS, out of concern that it might wear more, not fully close & burn valve. Thankfully, a leaking valve cover gasket prompted me to get in there as recommended. Now running better than it has in years. Thanks Jeff

Happy motoring,
                            It is a great big beautiful world out there
                            Brent in GA
                            Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

Normal Maintenance

IIRC, Yamaha "suggests" that the valve lash is to be checked every 5000 miles or every 36 years?
                              Last edited by MPittma100; 09-06-2014, 10:50 PM.
                              1981 XS1100H Venturer
                              K&N Air Filter
                              ACCT
                              Custom Paint by Deitz
                              Geezer Rectifier/Regulator
                              Chacal Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
                              Chrome Front Rotor & Caliper Covers
                              Stebel Nautilus Horn
                              EBC Front Rotors
                              Limie Accent Moves On In 2015

Mike

Comment

Speckles

Just an FYI on the Ash Grey XS SE Shirts.

Especially for Ben: The base Ash Grey shirt is 100% cotton, but the tiny highlight speckle in-fact is a polyester blend.
                                That Speckle makes up 1% of the shirt so "TECHNICALLY" the shirt is really 99% Cotton.

So if that tiny speckle creates a problem for anybody, please let us (marty or I) know. We can get your shirt printed on plain grey or some other plain color that is 100% cotton.
                                I'm a details person and if its 99% and not 100%, well that is different and I gotta tell ya.
                                We don't want anybody riding on MAMA (Mountain Area Medical Airlift) because of some peanut type reaction to a shirt.

Jeff
                                78' XS1100 E
                                78' XS1100 E
                                78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                                '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                                '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Working...
                                X