T.W.O. to Reopen!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T.W.O. to Reopen!!!

This came down the pike over at ADVrider...
    http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=824900
    1980 XS650G Special-Two
    1993 Honda ST1100

The old TWO will never be back, but I'm thrilled that there will be a motorcycle resort on the property. TWO will be a tough act to follow. I'll be sure to check the place out as soon as it opens.
    Marty (in Mississippi)
    XS1100SG
    XS650SK
    XS650SH
    XS650G
    XS6502F
    XS650E

Comment

TWO Update March 2013

Decided to take a ride today up to TWO in Suches to see what was going on. If you have ever been to one of the North Georgia Rally's at old TWO I thought you might like an update. Brent needed a twisty mountain ride and decided to join along. Talked with Bill Johnston the new owner who happened to be there. He was out riding his BMW with some friends and we were lucky to stop by at the right time. He is in the process of building a new bath house and is awaiting permits. He plans to build four bunkhouses for starters and TWO will also have camping as before. He will have full kitchen and wants new TWO to be better than before. He plans a "soft" opening in April 2013 and will work out the kinks through the summer as he rolls out a new website and gets a reservation system up and running along with the kitchen.

Here is TWO Lodge. New windows, paint, Roof & decking

Back 40 at TWO for Camping and Bunkhouses Nice with the old trailers and kudzu removed

Inside of Lodge. Brent waiting to check out the FOOD.

Sure good to see TWO springing back to life. 8 Rooms can hold 16 guests + campers for starters. TWO was so popular I don't think the new owner will have any trouble re-building the customer base of traveling bikers or weekend riders or as a base for smaller rally groups.

Here is Brent on his modified Buell at our meet point lighting up for the ride north.

Nice warm day and we had a great ride on the GA60, GA180, US129 loop. Got to turn up the volume which was fun. Rode with Frank who has a brand new R6 (just 250 miles) he has just set up for Track Day over at Barber. zoom-zoom!! He wanted to scuff up the tires a bit before hitting the Race Track.

That's-all-Folks!! TWO should be OPEN for limited phase-in starting in late April if the remaining construction goes to plan. Should be fully operational by summer .

Jeff
      78' XS1100 E
      78' XS1100 E
      78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
      '99 Triumph Sprint ST
      '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

There's already talk of the XS650 group moving their rally back to Georgia. I think XS Southeast might be too big at this point. It's going to be great to have the place back in the motorcycle business!
        Marty (in Mississippi)
        XS1100SG
        XS650SK
        XS650SH
        XS650G
        XS6502F
        XS650E

Comment

Two Wheels @ Suches

Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post
          There's already talk of the XS650 group moving their rally back to Georgia. I think XS Southeast might be too big at this point. It's going to be great to have the place back in the motorcycle business!
          Right you are Marty. Not near enough beds At TWO for the number of people who attended the last XSeast. But with camping could host up to 100. Also, there are cabins available for weekend rentals on 180 and near by. I spoke with Bill, the owner, who said

"New name is Two Wheels at Suches." He plans to make the place like the old TWO, but nicer. Some serious money has been spent there already. Driveway on hill is now concrete, New AC in Lodge... He hopes to have someone else to handle all of the resturaunt duties. Seems like a nice guy, a rider making a place for himself and other riders to hang out.
          It is a great big beautiful world out there
          Brent in GA
          Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

Nice update ...Thanks Brent and Jeff...I see they did away with the front porch bedroom...and all new windows...place looks good...regardless if we host there again for the XS SE Riders rally or not...its always good to have another mc destination to pick from...
            1980 XS650G Special-Two
            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Working...
            X