n.c. xs owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• n.c. xs owners

lookin for xs owners in north carolina. want to see how many riders are in north carolina and maybe getting together and cruising the parkway or smokey mountains sometime this summer. just a idea right now any interest or thoughts welcome. as of right now i dont know any xs riders in my area. i'm in the gastonia area 20 min. west of charlotte . thanks
    79 xs 1100 spec & 80 xs 1100 g

I live in Raleigh, a trip to the mountians could interet me. Any idea when?
    Slow down and enjoy life. If you are in that much of a hurry, you should have left eariler.
    Current rides:
    80 XS1100SG
    82 JX1100
    83 Venture Royale
    86 V-Max

Comment

Ride

Hey, let me know. I am 'bout 3 hours from Mt Airy. Wouldn't mind meeting up and checking out the hills. That is if I can ever get away from WORK!!!
      Whew, more work here than I thought!!!

Comment

People!!!

Wow. I have been meaning to make a thread like this. I am in Huntersville! Dude, been trying to find a weekend to do a parkway ride. I used to live in Boone, and learned to ride on the parkway. I have also been tossing around the idea of going out to the Tail of the Dragon. I am still new to the area down here and just got my XS. Waiting on my seat to be completed. right now riding my XJ650. I am all up for a good ride. I have only been commuting to work and back and want to do more riding. Don't know many roads down here yet. So any help, I would be greatful.

Oh yeah, who wants to meet up and help me finish the bike? Only a few things left.
        1979 XS 1100SF Serenity
        1981 XJ650 Midnight - Black Betty
        Road Dog 4 Life

Comment

RowdyBoy, My name is Ed and I live in Lenoir, NC about 30 miles from Boone. I have an 80 XS11 Special, just retired and am always ready to ride the Parkway and the mtns. Count me in and let me know when. Thanks for the effort. Ed
          Ed Jones
          Lenoir, NC, USA

Currently:

1982 CB900 Custom(project still)
          1980 XS1100 Special
          1977 Honda CB750F
          1976 Honda CB750K6

Comment

xs riders

did'nt expect so many xs riders in this area, anyway sad to say i just came out of surgery this week, but, things are looking good though, i already took a ride out the drive and around the yard dont mention this to my doctor, hope i'll be back on one of my xses in about a month. or when the doc says its ok. had a disk removed in my neck. the second one i have had removed. thats not going to keep me from riding. so, anytime after the 2nd week in august i'll be ready to take a ride. i work 4 days per week and off 4 days , it rotates 1 day each week. so i can ride 3 days round trip if a overnight stay was needed. i have rode the parkway from grandfather mt. to the smokey mt. park it takes about 5 hrs i stopped a few times to look around and relax a bit. they are a couple campgrounds along parkway and at cherokee. they are also a couple in the smokey mt. park could be used if needed. i also like camping, and a little fishing when i get the chance. so, just anytime after the 2nd week in august anyone or several of you that want to head that way south or north just post what time would be a good time for you to take the ride. and we could be on our way. looks like aug 21-22 either of those days or both days would be a great time for me. by that time i should be plenty well enough to ride again without much caution. and thanks for all the interest, and more thoughts and ideas from any of you would be a great help. i'd be riding in the back of the pack anyway, that way i could look at all the xs bikes that i like so much. i'll have to say that it was the best 600 bucks i ever parted with when i purchased the 79 xs special. honda was the way to go before. i got my first xs eleven 1 year and/half ago, i have 2 of them now a 79 xs 11 spec. and a 80 xs eleven std. and still don't have enough of them.

Comment

Hey, sounds good to me in Lenoir. Sorry to hear about your surgery. Hope all continues well. The Drs. don't need to know everything. Do you have any pics of your Xs's you can send along? Here is a shot of my 80 XS11 Special. I am a lot like you, have been a Honda man and own 3 now but I love in-line fours and this beast of an XS1100. Take care. Ed

Ed Jones
              Lenoir, NC, USA

Currently:

1980 XS1100 Special
              1977 Honda CB750F
              1976 Honda CB750K6

Comment

Month away

Well it sounds good to me to get a ride together for the first half of August. I have some family up in Boone and some family down in Asheville. I used to drive to Boone to ASU taking the parkway. Nothing better. Is the widening of 321 done yet? or is the whole mountain still a mess? I know a few twisties off of the Boone area of the parkway that are an absolute blast to ride. I am game. I would have convince my wife to make a trip up there, but I feel it is very doable. I would have a picture, but the bike still isn't complete, the seat is still not done, thats what you get when you get it done for free. I am out of town till the beginning of August any how, so I guess it doesn't make a difference. Will have pictures soon.
                1979 XS 1100SF Serenity
                Road Dog 4 Life

Comment

RETTIC: Construction on 321 is still going but the worst is over and traffic flows fairly well with an occasional stop. They have been shutting off traffic Tuesdays and Thursday from noon to 2pm for blasting. If we happen to catch it at the wrong time, there is a great detour going to Morganton north on 181, a great ride in itself. Hope to get together for a ride soon. take care. Ed in Lenoir
                  Ed Jones
                  Lenoir, NC, USA

Currently:

1980 XS1100 Special
                  1977 Honda CB750F
                  1976 Honda CB750K6

Comment

ride

nice bike you have there ed, is that a 78 special? i dont know how to post pictures in threads on this website yet. but i have one posted on member photos pages on this site. my 79 1100 special is on page 9 last time i looked at the bottom. i have a xs 1100 std. 80 also i just bought couple months ago. looking real good now after a lot of cleaning and fixen. wasnt took care of. but i like it only has 11000 mile when i got it off craiglist. i like the 79 special the best so far it has 36000 miles on it. it was a rust bucket when i purchased it. cant wait til we all get together doing the parkway. by the way i was in lenoir this week. but not on my bike, me and the boss went to her moms there in hudson and we all went to boone to check it out. it was a nice trip. weather was overcast and 78 degrees. and 321 going up mountain looks a little dangerous all those boulders falling where they are blasting,i was worried one was going to roll out in the road in front of us going up the mountain to boone. just about to forget, ed did you know a fellow by the name of bud jones he is at rest now but, wanted to know if youans was related. catch you fellows later going to rest some. thanks jack

Comment

Rowdyboy 321: Thanks for the compliment; its an 80 Special. I am just now logging some time in the saddle. So far, I am really liking it except I have to change those bullhorn handlebars! I have always preferrred naked cruisers to those with windshields and fairings but here lately I am really liking the fairing'd bikes. Something to do with age I suspect. At any rate, I wrestled with the thoughts of finding a fairiing to try on my 80 Special. One thing led to another and look what followed me home yesterday!

Found this 79 Standard bagger on Craigslist, looked at it yesterday and before I knew what was happening, it crawled up into the back of my pickup and I could not get her out until I got home. LOL. Seriously, it was exactly what I wanted and so now I can find out if I will be happy with the fairing. Not too thrilled about the hard bags. I think I will pull them off until I decide to take her out for a serious trip. I am looking forward to us meeting so I can get a good look at both your 1100's. I am retired now, so anytime you are in the Lenoir area, give me a shout. My number is 8282922211. Take care, Ed

Sorry I don't know of a Bud Jones; but you never know.
                      Ed Jones
                      Lenoir, NC, USA

Currently:

1980 XS1100 Special
                      1977 Honda CB750F
                      1976 Honda CB750K6

Comment

wow

thats another nice xs there. i hate i missed that one looks like very little cosmetic work to do to it. does it run as good as it looks if so your in business for a long tour out west perhaps. i been holding off on the windshield and other stuff,i think you're right, about the dresser accessories, it does come with aging. i just put a set of hard bags on my standard since i been laid up, not sure if i will leave them on though. makes cleaning the rear hard and makes me say them bad words. i have a windshield thats been laying around here for a good while, the cold air this winter may make pull it out and mount it. i may have to go to a lighter helmet after having 3 vertebras fuse together in my neck. if i do i'll have to use the windshield to keep insects out of my mouth and eyes. hope you enjoy you're new xs and catch you later, thanks for your number, i'll land line you when i head out up that way,later jack

Comment

my bikes

hey every one this is my herd. finally learned to post pictures last night. pictures http://community.webshots.com/album/573478643iRVfYo

Comment

Update

Well, got back from my nice vacation to CO. Back now, was hoping my seat would be done by now, but alas it is not. So I am not sure when the bike will be ready to ride. This weekend i am finishing fluid changes and the rear tire change. I am thinking I will be ready for a ride labor day weekend. Anyone interested in that weekend?
                            1979 XS 1100SF Serenity
                            Road Dog 4 Life

Comment

Working...
                            X