Want To ride?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want To ride?

I'm from the Ms coast and I'm looking for people to ride with. Anyone interested?

RE: like to ride

I just became the owner of an XJ - still checking it out... like Bassman on ridingacrossusa, I haven't ridden in - over 20 yrs.... I need to do the fusebox mods and some other things... the non=cancelling turn signals are buggin me too - don't want to pay 100$ for the special flasher...
    '82 XJ1100 -
    fusebox, 2nd gear fix
    tail/turn/brake

Comment

Hello

Where do you live and what do you need to do to your bike?

Comment

Originally posted by wmaddox3 View Post
        I just became the owner of an XJ - still checking it out... like Bassman on ridingacrossusa, I haven't ridden in - over 20 yrs.... I need to do the fusebox mods and some other things... the non=cancelling turn signals are buggin me too - don't want to pay 100$ for the special flasher...
        Hi Maddox,
        Please take a RIDER TRAINING COURSE. You will be amazed how much you learn and we want you to be around to tell us about all the great rides you are having.
        Maxim phil
        1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
        1983 XJ 650 Maxim
        2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

XSive close by

Originally posted by wmaddox3 View Post
          Hi Maddox,

I am close by, near 5-forks & ronald Reagan. I aggree with Phil, re training & practice... Ride safe. I can help with a few maintenance issues PM me.
          It is a great big beautiful world out there
          Brent in GA
          Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

what needs to be done

When I got back from Oregon, I decided to make an air filter with some Uni foam. I had to use a plumbers torch to get the filter frame cleaned up. then of course some JBWeld to put the frame back together. I still need to rebuild the petcocks, and troubleshoot the oil pressure unit.

I'd like to have an experienced XS/XJer ride mine and advise me on the transmission.

The turn sig cancelling relay from Oregon is soaking in WD40 out in the garage.

and I'm near 5Forks/Sugarloaf...
            '82 XJ1100 -
            fusebox, 2nd gear fix
            tail/turn/brake

Comment

Working...
            X