TeXSive Lite was great fun...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TeXSive Lite was great fun...

Well the 3rd annual TeXSive Lite spring ride was great fun. It was great to see all the old faces and several new ones. It was nice meeting you all and I hope to see you all again in the fall.

Coming soon: TeXSive Rally 2005 Hill Country rally. I will have more details about the fall ride in a few months.

Ride Safe.
    [b][size=4][font=times][color=#BD0062]Wayne[/color][/font][/size][/b]
    [b][size=4][font=times][color=#095de5]TeXSive forever[/color][/font][/size][/b]
    The best alarm clock is sunshine on chrome.

TeXSive Lite 05

Hey, Y'all. I had a good time. It was nice meeting all of you. The ride was great. Couldn't ask for a nicer day. I don't know how you guys on the 'Road Sofas' felt when you got home, but I was a hurtin' unit! How about you, Greg, and Phil? How did you feel when you finally got home? I pulled into my driveway at 7:35 that night. My butt and my neck were killing me. An ice pack cured my neck and standing cured my butt. My milage for the entire ride was 608, and almost 400 of that was Saturday. It was fun, but I don't think I would want to do it more than twice a year.
    So...when's the next one?

Comment

We had a blast.... only bad thing was that we had to go home. after we left the group we went back into town so SWMBO could have Long John Silvers(as promised) since we don't have one close to home. Then it was off for home. We decided to make a small detour to stop by a friends house to visit for a few (2 hours)...lol on the way i almost got a rabbit that crossed my path, missed him by 10 ft. Got Back home about midnight. Grand total of 615 miles. We sure did enjoy the ride, but enjoyed meeting everyone more. I hope we will be able to make the fall run, but time will tell. If i have my way, we will be on the XS... but the radio sure is nice....lol

SWMBO said the radio was nice but that padded seat was better.
      Last edited by sksxs1100; 04-18-2005, 07:03 PM.
      Shawn
      78 XS1100E "Black Rat"
      78 XS1100E Parts
      www.hotrod1972.com

Comment

TeXSive Lite

Hey everyone!
        I REALLY enjoyed the ride and the company.
        Great fun!
        Round trip was 729 miles for me. Was more tired from not getting much sleep than from the ride.
        Can't wait till next time!
        Maybe David and David will be there on thier slut XS's...;-)

Take Care and ride safe!
        Tinman
        --------
        XSTin
        80SG

Comment

Great Fun and Food was had!

I too, had a blast. Meeting new folks, seeing the old folks and now feeling terribly inadequate because I don't have a Valk!

You sell outs! Just Kidding. If SWMBO rides with us in the fall, I may have to cave and buy a Valk too. Saw some on CycleTrader between $8000 to $11,000. Ouch!

Thanks to Wayne & Nancy, Dan, Mike, Robert & Linda, John, Sean & Tanya, and the really nice couple on the Maxim (sorry, I forgot your names because I would forget mine too if I didn't have it written on the back of my tee shirts!). Please post a reply so I can seer your names into my head.

Hope to see everyone this fall in the Hill country.

greg
          Gone but never Forgotten:
          1980 XS11SG - "Scorpion"

Current:
          2006 Yamaha FJR1300A - "Orion"
          2007 Honda CBR600RR - "Twitch"

"Life is not a journey to the grave, with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid on broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming:

WOW - What a ride!

Comment

Well Greg, if you buy SWMBO her own bike (XS), then she can make the rally, and you won't have to 'sell out', and buy a Valk/road sofa. I was able to lower my (our) 81 SH for my wife to ride more comfortably on. I installed 11 inch shocks, and raised the fork tubes up bout a half inch or so in the triple clamps. She can reach the ground much easier now, and we don't ride in such a way as to scrape the mufflers when in a turn.
            See ya in the fall.

Comment

LOL Valk/road sofa!

That was too funny, John! Funny you should mention getting SWMBO her own scoot. We were up at a bike shop, and she sat on a Honda Shadow 600 and was totally comfortable. Feet flat on the ground and the bars weren't too far forward.

The reason that is important is because she had a 3-level fusion in her lower back S-1 to L-3. So riding passenger is really uncomfortable for her, but piloting her own scoot.... that would be really cool.

See ya soon. We still have a chicken fried bacon lunch to do here in College Station or Snook.

greg
              Gone but never Forgotten:
              1980 XS11SG - "Scorpion"

Current:
              2006 Yamaha FJR1300A - "Orion"
              2007 Honda CBR600RR - "Twitch"

"Life is not a journey to the grave, with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid on broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming:

WOW - What a ride!

Comment

I had a blast too! I really appreciated all the advise and getting to look at XS's that were so much nicer than mine. It gave me some ideas and directions on what I want to do. I also enjoyed meeting everybody and even though I only rode half of the ride, I still had fun. As soon as I get my pictures downloaded I will post them. I have a procrastination problem (I was going to tell you about it before, but I put it off )
                Scott

1980 SG

Comment

Well, if you going to 'crastinate', might as well be a 'pro' at it. Ii was good meeting you, and the others, and good luck with the brake rotor.

Comment

What a blast!

Hi everyone, sorry it took so long to post. Donna and I had a blast on the rally. It was our first and definately not our last. Like John, our necks and butts were sore. Cost me and extra $100 for massages for both of us. Our total milage was 775. We made a detour to Arlington and then to the Dallas Auto Show. A radio or MP3 player is a must for the next trip...Donna did like my singing...go figure. We look forward to the next rally.

Phill

Comment

Two State Run

It was ALL GOOD,Great as always thanks Wayne. And a big Thanks to Danny Dragon Rider for checking out my new bike alias road sofa Dusty Dragon 2000 Valk. Can't wate till fall.

Robert
                      1980 XS11G
                      2000 Valk

Comment

Working...
                      X