X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TeXSive Rally '04 & Motel info

Hi TeXSives.
    TeXSive Rally is on for Sept. 24-26.
    I hear that some of you have had trouble finding a motel. Well I just talked to Ralph DeLeon at the Blanco County Inn and he has plenty of rooms.
    I have reserved a room myself already and he said he has plenty of room.
    Here is the contact info.

http://www.blancocountyinn.com/

The Blanco County Inn (AKA Mobley Motel)
    902 Main Street
    Blanco, Texas 78606
    Telephone 830-833-4502
    Fax 830-833-4682

The owners are Ralph and Deborah DeLeon. Tell them your with me (Wayne Ilfrey) He already knows that more of us bikers may call soon.

Ralph said that if we could rent out all 12 of his rooms, he would give us a band on Saturday night for free on their big patio. I'm not sure we could pull that many riders, but it would be fun to try.

If you are wanting to camp instead, the Blanco State Park is right down the street from the Mobley Motel.

Shoot me an email and let me know who all is going and who is staying were.
    My email addy is wayne_ilfrey@mhhs.org

Thanks TeXSives
    [b][size=4][font=times][color=#BD0062]Wayne[/color][/font][/size][/b]
    [b][size=4][font=times][color=#095de5]TeXSive forever[/color][/font][/size][/b]
    The best alarm clock is sunshine on chrome.

Hey Wayne!

I really need a ride (strange huh? considering I did Alaska this summer)

Looking forward to it!

I'll book a room this weekend.

Got activities planned?

Who all is coming?
    CUAgain,
    Daniel Meyer
    Author. Adventurer. Electrician.
    Find out why...It's About the Ride.

Comment

So far the core group is coming.

Meself
      Youself
      Shack
      Tinman
      Robert and Linda
      Also have a new XSive joining us this year Dave (Pathfinder) will be joining us.

Still waiting to hear from others.

Yep, I am soooo ready for this. I want to ride, I gota ride, I NEED to ride!

See ya in Blanco.

Comment

I'm planning on attending, but not sure about SWMBO. btdtdan is planning on going also. Any other DFW members going other than DragonRider?

Comment

another year comes and i dont get to go... but the real kick in the pants is.. My Dad will be there the same time for a reunion a few miles south of town...He will be there on his full dress Harley so ya'll might see him putting around...lol
          Shawn
          78 XS1100E "Black Rat"
          78 XS1100E Parts
          www.hotrod1972.com

Comment

Originally posted by sksxs1100
            another year comes and i dont get to go
            DOH!!! Well Shawn, remember we will have the TeXSive Lite in April, so keep that in mind.

Ride Safe.

Comment

17 days till TeXSive '04.
              I still want to hear from you if you haven't contacted me.
              Comon, I know there are more XSives in Texas and surrounding states.
              BTW you don't have to ride an XS to attend. Hell I don't even have mine anymore (but i do miss it!)

Comment

Only 7 Days till TeXSive 2004.
                The weather report says it will be sunny and upper 80's during the day, mid 60's at night. NICE!!!!

See you in Blanco!

Comment

Booked my room. Headed out Friday from work...hope to make the dinner at 7:00pm
                  CUAgain,
                  Daniel Meyer
                  Author. Adventurer. Electrician.
                  Find out why...It's About the Ride.

Comment

Cool.
                    I am heading out very early friday morning. Hope to beat the impending rain that is forcast for friday. If not then raingear will be the order of the day.

Comment

Hey riders, really would like to be there, too short of notice, just got the bike, I'm freaked out about the oil light staying on after start up, also got a classic VW Bug meet this weekend I'm already committed to with the wife and daughter, looking forward to any other rides in Tx / Houston area!
                      82 XJ1100J "Jackel"
                      78 Honda CB750-74 Honda CB750
                      74 Husky 400
                      70 Yamaha 360 & 70 175 enduros

Comment

Hey dmac82. We have two rallies a year. The TeXSive Lite is in April and is usually just a day or two. I will start posting details about that ride sometime in Jan, or Feb.
                        Ride Safe.

Comment

Oh My God, the Rain is coming!!!!

Dudes,

Are we still on? They are screaming 10" for Fri, Sat and Sun. throughout the most of Texas.

That damn Ivan!
                          Gone but never Forgotten:
                          1980 XS11SG - "Scorpion"

Current:
                          2006 Yamaha FJR1300A - "Orion"
                          2007 Honda CBR600RR - "Twitch"

"Life is not a journey to the grave, with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid on broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming:

WOW - What a ride!

Comment

I will be there. I am leaving tonight for LaGrange to try and beat the rain here in Houston. I dont think its gonna be that bad in the hill country, but we will see. what the heck, i will have my rain gear.

See ya in Blanco.

Comment

Ivan

I'll be there if the wind doesn't blow me off the road into the water swollen ditches. Ivan really didn't have to come back and screw up our weekend, did it? What's a little rain we've all been wet before.
                              There's always a way, figure it out.
                              78XS11E

Comment

Working...
                              X