TeXSive rally get together?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TeXSive rally get together?

As I stare out the window on another unrideable, wet day, my thoughts turn to spring/summer riding a twisty hill country road. Soooo. Most of you know how brutal summer riding can be here in Central Texas so its never too early to start a plan for ride where your helmet dosen't turn into a crock pot. With the success of my last Hill Country ride, and the seed planted for a bigger, better ride, I throw out the call for who might be up for a get together? Freidricksburg was the last target meeting point but I'm open to almost anywhere. Maybe a coast run? Throw you ideas out and we can see what we can put together.
    When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Yea!
    You lead, hopefully, we can follow
    81 SH Something Special
    81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
    81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
    80 LG Black Magic
    78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
    For those on FB

Comment

Hi Webb guy, I'm all in. FYI, Ten+ years ago, the TeXSive team had a ride out of Hondo, TX; this was my first group ride on the XJ11. I've still got the trail maps etc. from that event. There's a reasonably priced hotel with a pool near Walmart. What's a ride without a trip to Walmart. We could make this a reunion to see how many riders are still active. Just a thought.

Here's my cell 713-306-3494.

The planning is hard...choosing the route and the date is tough. As you said, July is a very hot month and no one really cares where we ride other than finding a safe and fun route...I'm thinking late April or early May. Please call and lets talk. Kat, I'm assuming you're following this link, any thoughts?

Let's get'r done.
      '80 XS1100LG Midnight Special
      Looks like an '82 Maxim, Fuel Injected
      '82 XJ1100J, Fuel Injected
      Stan Hutchison

Comment

I'm following, definitely
        It's already started out a crazy year. I'm thinking a ride ANYWHERE at this point sounds awesome. Just a matter of John getting time off...
        81 SH Something Special
        81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
        80 LG Black Magic
        78 E Standard Practice

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
        For those on FB

Comment

Two holidays (for some people) that are coming up is Good Friday in April and Memorial day at the end of May. Need some more people to show some interest (this gig aint just for Texas people) then we could better nail down where we go. We can be pretty well spread out here and there will always be those that have a longer way to ride. There will be a moratorium on pulling Man Cards if you trailer your rig(s) for this event.

Comment

OK people. Its warming up now. Any takers?

Comment

Keeping fingers crossed
              It would be nice to get the latest project on the road for a good shakedown ride before we take him north.
              Still following along, just not certain we'll have the time
              81 SH Something Special

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
              80 LG Black Magic
              78 E Standard Practice

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
              For those on FB

Comment

I'm still interested. I've never been to Pflugerville but I like the Austin Lounge Lizard song.
                Stan Hutchison

Comment

Howdy TeXSive Riders

I hate Harvey. He was a great rabbit but a terrible hurricane.

Did everyone have a good year? Any noteworthy MC rides? I had several on my to-do list but the wet summer messed up my planning. The Fall weather is approaching, should we ride somewhere and enjoy a TeXSive dinner? Oct. 14th is a Saturday and I'm best when I plan about a month ahead. Maybe some place central like College Station. The Aggies are playing in Florida so we can "own" the town. Any thoughts?
                  Stan Hutchison

Comment

Working...
                  X