X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning out the cobwebs

Cough cough
    lol

John and I met up with webbcraft (still smiling, thanks Spidey) yesterday for a ride then the two of us went on what turned out to be an interesting detour to Fredericksburg.
    So, after chatting with a few other TeXSives, we're going to plan a ride for that area before July next year.

If you're interested, let me know.
    81 SH Something Special
    81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
    81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
    80 LG Black Magic
    78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
    For those on FB

Sounds fun. Hopefully well before July!

John
    John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
    '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
    Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Right?
      Hoping some friends can make this one.
      And that we can plan it well before the heat and try to avoid the rain. Weather always makes it an adventure. lol
      81 SH Something Special
      81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
      80 LG Black Magic
      78 E Standard Practice

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
      For those on FB

Comment

Howdy Kat, I'm interested and would love to see the TeXSive team again. I live near HippyDave, I'm sure he's interested. And I've got a few other riders that probably will join.
        '80 XS1100LG Midnight Special
        Looks like an '82 Maxim, Fuel Injected
        '82 XJ1100J, Fuel Injected
        Stan Hutchison

Comment

Hey Stan! Dave is actually one of the TeXSives I've spoken with about it.
          He's in if work doesn't eat him up. lol

Would be great to get some of the original TeXSives together again. It's been WAY too long
          81 SH Something Special

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
          80 LG Black Magic
          78 E Standard Practice

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
          For those on FB

Comment

Over 1100 views?

And nobody else is going to help clean out the cobwebs?
            lol
            81 SH Something Special

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
            80 LG Black Magic
            78 E Standard Practice

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
            For those on FB

Comment

Well, wife is in DFW till tomorrow visiting.........me, here in Grand Junction. Hmmm, wonder who's warmer?.
              81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

It would be my guess

that even though it's been a little chilly here, she was warmer.
                Something about Colorado in the winter time just doesn't scream "bring a bikini and enjoy the sunshine!"
                lol
                81 SH Something Special

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                80 LG Black Magic
                78 E Standard Practice

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                For those on FB

Comment

Originally posted by Wildkat View Post
                  that even though it's been a little chilly here, she was warmer.
                  Something about Colorado in the winter time just doesn't scream "bring a bikini and enjoy the sunshine!"
                  lol
                  It's screamin' Kat! Could of enjoyed the sunshine and bikini here this week.......least here in Grand Junction. Tis way warmer than it was in Saginaw,TX. last week where wife was. (basicly suberb of DFW).
                  81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Seriously? lol

My ex's sister has been after me to come for a visit (she lives in Grand Lake)
                    We'll have to give in soon
                    But she just posted pics of them with several feet of snow... so not too soon. lol

Saginaw is just around the corner
                    81 SH Something Special

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                    80 LG Black Magic
                    78 E Standard Practice

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                    For those on FB

Comment

Originally posted by Wildkat View Post
                      Seriously? lol

My ex's sister has been after me to come for a visit (she lives in Grand Lake)
                      We'll have to give in soon
                      But she just posted pics of them with several feet of snow... so not too soon. lol

Saginaw is just around the corner
                      That you will Kat. Beautiful, mountainous area with Rocky Mountain Nat'l Park entrance 2mi. north of Grand Lake that goes over Trail Ridge Road. FYI, That IS the highest elevation continuous state highway on this continent. Myself, born just south of there in Kremmling,Co. and know area well.

The storm fronts have passed just north of my location and hit that area fairly hard, so deep white stuff is of no surprise.
                      Definitely a superb, mountain scenic riding area!.......and is where Bonz/rmdcguy is hosting the Colo. Rally this coming summer.

Comment

Hot today Chile Tamale...

Wildkat, As Motoman stated , ya never know what kind of weather you might get here in Colorado, Funny you should mention bikinis and Colorado, There is actually a time in late spring here that bikini snow skiing is all the rage , Not for me but,It might intererest you ? lol
                        I don't think Bonz has finalised where this years rally is going to be but I think Grand Lake and Trail Ridge are being looked at .
                        Kill two birds with one stone for your visit to ex's sister ,
                        There are some beautiful sights and great riding around there .
                        I know I am looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting some new ones ,
                        I hope you decide to join in the fun ..
                        78standard,79 & 80 Specials; 2 x 650 Maxims; 4 x RD350's; yz450; 2 x Honda tlr's;2x jt1 mini.

Comment

Originally posted by rdmcguy View Post
                          Wildkat, As Motoman stated , ya never know what kind of weather you might get here in Colorado, Funny you should mention bikinis and Colorado, There is actually a time in late spring here that bikini snow skiing is all the rage , Not for me but,It might intererest you ? lol
                          I don't think Bonz has finalised where this years rally is going to be but I think Grand Lake and Trail Ridge are being looked at .
                          Kill two birds with one stone for your visit to ex's sister ,
                          There are some beautiful sights and great riding around there .
                          I know I am looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting some new ones ,
                          I hope you decide to join in the fun ..
                          Not only that, but Crested Butte ski area(30min. north of Gunnison,Co.) allows topless skiing..... ALL ski season for ALL interested.
                          Last edited by motoman; 01-19-2017, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Ha! Not sure what would be more entertaining. Me topless or me trying to ski.
                            lol

That does sound like fun and I'm certain John wouldn't mind.
                            We can sit on the side and cheer them on...
                            81 SH Something Special

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                            80 LG Black Magic
                            78 E Standard Practice

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                            For those on FB

Comment

Working...
                            X