Whadda wanna fix at M.O.M.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whadda wanna fix at M.O.M.

Throwing this out to see what you may want to get done during the 2011 M.O.M. Rally. I do not have a lift (but there is plan in the works), no stash-o-shims or gaskets. But, much work has been done without a lift. So speak up.
    I do have a carb stick. Carb overhauls, fork seals, final drive swap, oil changes, brake work are just some of the things that come to mind. Me, I need to replace the boot on my shaft (yall just leave that one alone).
    When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

I have a stash-o-shims I can bring with me or send down in advance if need be...
    81 SH Something Special
    81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
    81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
    80 LG Black Magic
    78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
    For those on FB

Comment

carbs I guess ...

It could never hurt to try and even them up with a proper set of gauges if anyone brings some - otherwise I will live as is unless it starts running like poop.

I am going to just bring tools and fresh ideas and hope to help out those less fortunate whose bikes need a little TLC...

Bringing my 16 y/o to get him some more "learnin" on stuff and to ride the town with us - he is quite excited though is trying not to show it

John
      John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
      '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
      Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

I have a pretty good stash of tools so you could pack lightly.

Comment

I'm hoping the turnout

is big enough to stretch the limits of a normal toolbox. From past pics I've seen - several groups working at once...

But I sure am not packing the rolling box!

I have to leave room for a cooler...

Has anyone PM'd you they are coming so you have a count?

John

Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

Comment

I've heard from 4 probables and 3 possibles... LOTS going on this year.

Spidey, I'll have them get hold of you ASAP.
            81 SH Something Special
            81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
            81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
            80 LG Black Magic
            78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
            For those on FB

Comment

stainless lines

I think I will bring the stainless lines that have been sitting on the workbench and see about freshening up the brakes before Colorado Rally.

Better with more eyes in case I forget something and plow into the Hardleys brakeless

John

Comment

Don't need no stinkin brakes to ride up here John!.............
                81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

OK Brant...

I'm following you then!

John

Comment

Originally posted by jwhughes3 View Post
                    I think I will bring the stainless lines that have been sitting on the workbench and see about freshening up the brakes before Colorado Rally.

Better with more eyes in case I forget something and plow into the Hardleys brakeless

John
                    Cool, I have a 80G thay can go on.

Comment

OK I need a new project

cuz I already did the brakes (front anyway)...

maybe carbs? they are working fine though - at least they seem to be...

hmmm

i guess i could watch...something will come up.

john

Comment

Just ordered 3 of the TC fuse boxes from Del City. Looks like they dropped there minimum order charge. SOOOO, I get to change out that pesky old style fuse box. Soon as they get in, I am gonna go get some 90 degree connectors. That leaves 2 if someone is feeling froggy and wanna hack into a perfectly good wiring harness. This project has been on my "round to it" list for years.

Comment

[QUOTE=jwhughes3;325648]cuz I already did the brakes (front anyway)...

maybe carbs? they are working fine though - at least they seem to be...

I have a mercury carb stick. You would be amazed how far off they can be when you "tune em by ear". I even have a virgin, Heathkit exhaust gas anaylzer a buddy gave me. Might have to break it out and see how it compaires to doing it with a carb stick.

Comment

Heathkit?

If its a Heathkit then I'm officially branding you a "geek" LOL

Sounds cool. Will stock up on shop supplies to bring.

John

Comment

Working...
                            X