2011 M.O.M. Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 M.O.M. Event

2011 MOM will be held in Austin this year if 'nuff people sign up. John and Kat have traditionaly hosted this event but they have a full schedule, and a torn up house with the construction of an addition. They always did a stellar job of putting this event on but its time to give them a break. So with that said, the torch has been passed on. The first thing would be to get some ideas on which dates this event will be held. School letting out, jobs and finances are always hot topics as is the rapidly approaching hot weather in Central Texas. So feel free to throw out what dates would work for yall. I am totally flexiable when it comes to dates. Whlist I have a spacious 2 car garage, my equipment pales in comparasion to John and Kats. No bike lift, no assortment of valve shims, no box of left over gaskets from rebuilds and with only one XS, a paltry stash-o-parts. (I guess that happens when you have only one XS that was bought virtually turn-key). Lemme hear from yall. I always looked forward to this event and am looking foward to a driveway full of iconic muscle bikes. My HOA or neighbors may not like it but I have ways of dealing with them.
    When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

As long as you have food and a well stocked cooler... you're good to go.

Looking forward to attending (we will MAKE time!)

Thanks for taking this on Spidey!
    81 SH Something Special
    81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
    81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
    80 LG Black Magic
    78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
    For those on FB

Comment

June 10-12th

I vote the weekend of June 10-12.

The ROT Rally is in Austin as well as The Working Man's Motorcycle and Art Show

http://theworkingmansmotorcycleandartsh.blogspot.com/

I think having a chance at some point in the weekend of showing off "en force" would be nice.

John
      John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
      '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
      Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Originally posted by jwhughes3 View Post
        I vote the weekend of June 10-12.

The ROT Rally is in Austin as well as The Working Man's Motorcycle and Art Show

http://theworkingmansmotorcycleandartsh.blogspot.com/

I think having a chance at some point in the weekend of showing off "en force" would be nice.

John
        A capitol idea!!!! (Bit of an Austin pun there). A friday or saturday night cruise amongst the V-twins. We could get bulk rate on bail bonds.

Comment

April is about over. May has Memorial Day weekend and most prople have other plans. So that leaves June. By the end of June, things are getting pretty toasty (read miserable) in Central Texas so June looks like the target month. Fathers day lands on the weekend of the 18th in June but that 'posta be a day we dads can do what we want (long as we get permission). R.O.T Rally is the weekend of the 10th and that would be an iconic weekend to have a bunch of vintage Jap muscle bikes in force. I figure, as tradition dictates, the MOM would run from a Thursday thru Sunday. I would start a poll for what weekend in June but I ain't gotta clue how that works (someone feel free to jump in here). June is far nuff away that I figure everyone could save money, fix the stuff on there bikes they should have done in January/February/March, get a hall pass or fix there trailer so they can haul there rig in here to get fixed. So, check your schedules, start collecting cans or hiding overtime money and lemme know. June is the target month.

Comment

June sounds good to us too!

I'll get in touch with some of the old TeXSives. With this being in Austin, it's a lot more centrally located for them than it being held here.

Thanks a bunch for taking the reigns
            You are MOST awesome
            (but you knew that already)
            lol
            81 SH Something Special
            81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
            80 LG Black Magic
            78 E Standard Practice

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
            For those on FB

Comment

ROT Rally weekend is perfect. That is also the only weekend of the year that I can count on SWMBO riding two up with me. I think a parade of XSes cruising among the choppers and Harleys would catch more attention and cause more conversation than all the Harleys put together. I know my vintage bikes have always caused more people to come up and want to talk to me than any of the $35,000 Harleys. Imagine if we are EN FORCE!.

Gawd, I love it. Count me in.

Patrick
              The glorious rays of the rising sun exist only to create shadows in which doom may hide.

XS11F (Incubus, daily rider)
              1969 Yamaha DT1B
              Five other bikes whose names do not begin with "Y"

Comment

Gonna Try!

She's running good but have committed to myself to get all of the maintenance items done and a couple of new tires.).

Comment

That looks NICE JT!
                  If things work out and you want to ride down with us... just let me know.

Got 2 more possibles, Spidey
                  Don't know if they'll pop in here or not so I will keep you posted if need be...
                  81 SH Something Special

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                  80 LG Black Magic
                  78 E Standard Practice

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                  For those on FB

Comment

Working...
                  X