Possible TexasXSive rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible TexasXSive rally

Been thinking of getting a weekend ride together in the Texas Hill Country. Im thinking late Sept. early Oct.
    Im just putting the idea out there for a little feedback.
    If anyone would be interested let me know.
    [b][size=4][font=times][color=#BD0062]Wayne[/color][/font][/size][/b]
    [b][size=4][font=times][color=#095de5]TeXSive forever[/color][/font][/size][/b]
    The best alarm clock is sunshine on chrome.

there is some nice riding in the hill counry ... went to the ROT in 1996 with dad and we rode around lake travis(i think) and it was nice. I would like to go ( money and job permiting).
    Shawn
    78 XS1100E "Black Rat"
    78 XS1100E Parts
    www.hotrod1972.com

Comment

TeXSive Rally

IMHO The best riding is in the Lost Maples area (Vanderpool, Bandera, Kerville) It will be beautiful with the Maple trees turning colors and probably cooler weather. And the Hills (Texas size) very beautiful riding, and lots-o-curys.

If you want to see a short clip about the Texas Hill Country and riding motos check this out

http://www.texmoto.com/WebLinks/Disp...1479&HowMany=1

Comment

I am interested Wayne. Kerville is a nice area to visit that time of year. Good riding!
        CUAgain,
        Daniel Meyer
        Author. Adventurer. Electrician.
        Find out why...It's About the Ride.

Comment

Do you have a date in mind for this? You might get this old phart out of lurk mode for a Hill Country ride.
          Steve Warren Lawrenceville GA
          http://home.attbi.com/~stevewarren/
          2002 VF750C
          1977 GL1000 CWC#449

Comment

Possible dates for TeXSive Rally

I am thinking of either the last weekend in Sept. (28-29) or First one in Oct. (5-6). Everyone let me know which you like and I will try and go with the majority rule.

I will be checking around Kerville, Tx for a place to sleep and a park to meet in. Also developing a good long ride route for Saturday.

Comment

Either weekend looks ok to me at the moment. When you get some more feedback, pick one so I can put it on my calender.

As for route . . . check out tx 39 between kerville and US 83. Great road (course I ran it at night). Not sure where you would go from there . . . maybe hit a couple of those ranch roads and loop back to 16 to Kerville?

Hmmmmmm . . . now you done gone and gave me the itch. And me stuck at my darn computer.

May have to go test out some roads this weekend. Oh crap! I need to get my new Avon Venom R's on order!

CUAgain,

Daniel Meyer
              CUAgain,
              Daniel Meyer

Comment

Hey Wayne,

Maybe not the weekend of Oct 5-6 eh?

http://www.bikesbluesbbq.com/

But . . . I will skip the blues/bikes/bbq/babes to meet you guys in Kerville if that is when you do it . . .

-dm
                CUAgain,
                Daniel Meyer

Comment

Rally logo

Well I now have an official logo for our TeXSive Rally.
                  Website with details coming soon.
                  Let me know what you think.

Comment

Cool logo Wayne.

Needs lightnening bolts! But that's just me. You gonna do T-shirts?
                    CUAgain,
                    Daniel Meyer

Comment

Dunno, Danny.
                      Do you think everyone would want a T?
                      We could look into it.

Comment

Not sure if they would want one or not . . . probably not if they were too expensive, which they might be with low numbers of orders.

As long as it was black, big, and heavy cotton, I would want one!
                        CUAgain,
                        Daniel Meyer

Comment

if i get to make it i would want a T-shirt.. getting ready to ebay some radio equipment to pay for new tires and spending money for the trip...lol
                          Shawn
                          78 XS1100E "Black Rat"
                          78 XS1100E Parts
                          www.hotrod1972.com

Comment

Well SKSXS, I hope you make it. Good luck selling the equip.
                            I see your in Nederland. Im in La Porte. If you can make the rally perhaps we can hook up on the way somewere on I-10. Ill be leaving the Friday before.

Comment

well so far so good sold one pair of radios. That will pay for my new tires.. now to just get it tagged and inspected, they are a little over due....about a year overdue
                              Shawn
                              78 XS1100E "Black Rat"
                              78 XS1100E Parts
                              www.hotrod1972.com

Comment

Working...
                              X