TeXSive 2003!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TeXSive 2003!

Wayne: I'm a new sx11 owner in central Texas and would like E-mail notice of dates and times of gatherings. I don't know if everything will be running good by Sept. but I'm riding it while I"m waiting on parts. Guy Taylor ( Duster ).
    E-mail taylorspraying@hotmail.com Thanks
    79 XS1100 SF & 1989 Venture Royal & 98 Valkrye
    It's not the speed that will get you it's the sudden stop.

We will try to make it this year, I really mean it this time.

Please keep us posted

Comment

I have a HONEST question.......... I found a place in ALABAMA that caters to nothing but bikers at the campground. Is ALABAMA in South Central or South East? This place is called 29 dreams or something like that. It is south of Birmingham. Anyone heard of it?
      wpc57

'81LH Midnight Special "Margret"

I ain't as good as I once was..but I am as good once as I ever was.... (Toby Keith)

Comment

29 dreams Birmingham AL

Yes, have heard of it and been there. Very nice.

Good write up in Motorcycle Consumer News. Similar to Two Wheels Only in Suches Ga. Good representation on their web site. Check on prices, as some of those listed in article have gone up. KOA style camping cabins and improved tent sites are available. Each room in bath house is for one. (One shower, toilet, and sink... Somewhat nicer than a large barracks type unit.)

Rode there with my 10 year old daughter, last summer. Quiet and plenty of room during the week. Some nice extras.

No children allowed during some events such as meeting to join Trail of Tears Ride. (Must be big Adult Party). Rules for packaged beer sales are quite peculiar and restrictive compared to many areas, but it is somehow available.

Located out in country East of Birmingham. maybe 2 miles from a one gas station town. A variety of roads are nearby, Interstate, Straight 2 lane state hwy, county lanes, and some small mountains.

I think it may be in South East area, and believe it could host a fun rally.

Happy Motoring,
        Brent, Lilburn GA
        It is a great big beautiful world out there
        Brent in GA
        Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

The Suzuki GS riders from www.theGSresources.com will be in the Hill Country the weekend of October 4th and 5th. It looks like we will have several riders from the KZ Riders forum joining us...it would be great if any of you guys could manage to join us. We are still roughing out the details, but normally we meet at the Cracker Barrel in San Marcos on Friday night (that would be the 3rd of October) for dinner then gather there the next morning for breakfast and to regroup for the ride. We put in between 350 and 450 miles during the ride and normally head out to Kerrville, taking time for a leasiurely ride through the Devil's Backbone. It is all very informal.If your dates for September do not work out, or if any of you want to just ride with a bunch of old Japanese iron, please feel welcome to join us! We welcome all makes, models, and years...the only requirement is that you enjoy yourself!

Go to the link below and then click on "Fall Texas Hill Country Ride"

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum/viewforum.php?f=10

Thanks!
          Hap Call

Comment

update??

Hey wayne.....where are ya..do you have an update yet???keep us popsted hope you are ok..

Shack
            Shack
            79 xs11 Special "SOLD Aug 26 2003"
            2001 GSF K 1200 Bandit "BIG 12"
            Oct 02
            2001 GSF Naked + Black 1200 Dec 03
            3176 miles

Comment

Sorry bout my absence

Hey TeXSives,
              I apologize for my not responding to all of your requests for TeXSive info.

I am currently going thru a separation and divorce with my wife, and things have been crazy. For awhile I didn't even know if I was going to have a motorcycle to go to the rally with!
              But everything is leveling out now (at least somewhat) and I still hope to pull this thing off.

I am trying to set the rally up for Sept. 20-21. I had originally planned both a saturday and sunday ride, but I myself will need to return on Sunday. This, of course does not mean that anyone who cares to cant plan a little ride on sunday themselves.
              I need anyone who thinks they will be camping at the Kerrville/Shriner state park with me to contact me and let me know. I will reserve 3 camp spaces just as before. This will allow for about 6 or 7 bikers and their tents with no problem. I will get the rates per campsite and and we will just split the cost between those who camp

Contact me and let me know if you plan to attend and if your camping or getting a hotel in Kerrville. wayne_ilfrey@mhhs.org

Thanks for your understanding, looking forward to seeing all you guys again this year.
              [b][size=4][font=times][color=#BD0062]Wayne[/color][/font][/size][/b]
              [b][size=4][font=times][color=#095de5]TeXSive forever[/color][/font][/size][/b]
              The best alarm clock is sunshine on chrome.

Comment

Man sorry to hear about the Big "D"... been there.. done that ... and it stinks....

as usual.. i will not be able to make it this year. But sooner or later I will get to go play with the Boys.. and Girls. I hope every thing goes ok..
                Shawn
                78 XS1100E "Black Rat"
                78 XS1100E Parts
                www.hotrod1972.com

Comment

News...some good, some bad...

Well.

As some of you know, I've been looking for work since I moved to Colorado in May. I started not 1, but 2 jobs (1 full-time, 1 part-time) in the last 2 weeks. Thats the good news.

Bad news is that I will not be able to make it to Texas. Can't get time off from both jobs at the same time.

Full-time job is with a softwre company, good benifits but low starting salary. Part time is to make up some of the difference. You can see the full time company web page at:

http://www.aspenres.com

One good thing...my boss rides a BMW R1100RT, another guy rides a Venture, and a few others ride as well. Only company I interviewed with that has motorcycle parking spaces painted into the company lot.

Hate to miss Texas...will be first year in 3 I didn't make a single XS/XJ rally, but thats the way it goes. Hope all who attend have a good time!
                  Jerry Fields
                  '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
                  '06 Concours
                  My Galleries Page.
                  My Blog Page.
                  "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Congratulations!!!! 2 jobs!!!WOW!! I am happy for ya...and motorcycle parking cool!! I hope you enjoy Colorado..it is one of my favorite places to trout fish!!

Shack
                    Shack
                    79 xs11 Special "SOLD Aug 26 2003"
                    2001 GSF K 1200 Bandit "BIG 12"
                    Oct 02
                    2001 GSF Naked + Black 1200 Dec 03
                    3176 miles

Comment

I, too am interested in this rally....

Would you please give an update on this rally!

Tom Hucker

Comment

The Hill Country ride that is being organized (I use that term loosely) by us guys over at the GS Resources is still on if all of you wish to join. Several riders from the KZ Forums will also be joining us.

We will be meeting at the Cracker Barrel on I-35 in San Marcos at 6:30 PM Friday, the 3rd of October. While there we will lay out soom routes to ride on. We have not decided where to start the next morning, will probably meet at in Bandera at the OST and have breakfast before heading out.

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...12733&start=60

Hope to see some of y'all there.

Hap

Comment

We will also be meeting in Bandera at the Old Spanish Trail (OST) restaurant at 8:00AM Saturday morning for breakfast and to brag about how much faster each other's bikes are...after that we are making a run down to CyclePlex in San Antonio to check out some new bikes then we will hit the rode for some serious riding. Last spring we put in about 400 miles with several stops...good riding!!!

Hap

Comment

Working...
                          X