Car Show season begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Show season begins

Okay... the Christian Classic Cruisers start their car show season this Saturday (March 21)
    If anyone is interested... we can meet at our place and head over... If we meet early enough... we can BBQ too...

Here's their website and schedule in case anyone wants to make another one...

Christian Classic Cruisers

By the way... the one in June is mandatory...
    81 SH Something Special
    81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
    81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
    80 LG Black Magic
    78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
    For those on FB

Far Out...

Kat...that is really cool. Great site too...always have loved classic cars shows.
    1980 XS650G Special-Two
    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

You got my hopes up, Ben

Saw that you had posted and thought maybe... just maybe... you might make a showing down here...

But... since you have the schedule now... you pick a date to go to the car show and we'll clear the calendar for you...
      81 SH Something Special
      81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
      80 LG Black Magic
      78 E Standard Practice

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
      For those on FB

Comment

Originally posted by Wildkat View Post
        Saw that you had posted and thought maybe... just maybe... you might make a showing down here...

But... since you have the schedule now... you pick a date to go to the car show and we'll clear the calendar for you...
        Aw well shucks you know one of these years I will get out there...I just cant plan that far ahead...although I am trying to...the time is there but not the money.Trying to wing a copule trips to Canada though plus some ST owners events in NY,PA and CT and VT too not to mention XSEast in VT...but then again you never know and I could pull a Prom on you all
        1980 XS650G Special-Two
        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

A Prom?

Do you have any idea how difficult it is to ride in high heels and a formal?

lol
          81 SH Something Special

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
          80 LG Black Magic
          78 E Standard Practice

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
          For those on FB

Comment

Cool cars, Kat!

I'm sure it's quite difficult, but we all would insist on some pics if you were to dare try it! LOL. Loved the cars. I used to own a '67 Mustang, and a '67 2dr. Sports Coupe Falcon, complete w/ 289 H.O./ 4 speed, and bucket seats. Turned 13 sec. quarters. Still regret sellin' that one. Ford only made 2068 of them... mine was # 726. Also... please note - thanks to you - I now have quotes attached! Thanks, Kat
            '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
            "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

Hey, They even have a category for my show car!! Now lets see....at about 8MPG and 110MPH....inlcuding gas stops.....hmmm. Yeah ...leave now for the June show.
              Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
              80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
              93 GSX600F
              80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
              81 XS1100 Special
              81 CB750 C
              80 CB750 C
              78 XS750

Comment

Bob - WooHoo! Glad to know I can help out every now and again...

I'll bet you do kick yourself once in awhile over selling that car... I still wish John had kept his El Camino... but I keep thinking that one of these days... we'll get him something that he can really enjoy... I mean... car wise...
                lol

Don - okay... got you down for June (you'd best get moving or you'll be late lol) bring along some of those other SWOXS guys too... The more the merrier...
                81 SH Something Special

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                80 LG Black Magic
                78 E Standard Practice

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                For those on FB

Comment

I'm sure it's quite difficult, but we all would insist on some pics if you were to dare try it!
                  Well.. She's got HALF of it down...

The formal with the "Maralyn Monroe wind blowing dress up thing".. although may be entertaining to watch... probably not so much so to ride.. lol.

Tod
                  Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                  '06 Suzuki DR650
                  *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
                  '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
                  '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
                  '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
                  '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                  '81 XS1100 Special
                  '81 YZ250
                  '80 XS850 Special
                  '80 XR100
                  *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Originally posted by Wildkat View Post

lol
                    LMAOoooo well now thats not exactly what I had in mind...
                    1980 XS650G Special-Two
                    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

I would go but I'm repainting some pieces on the bike right now.
                      http://www.myspace.com/i_give_you_power

1980 XS11 Special - chopped, dropped and OCTY is still installed - NOW IT'S FOR SALE! $1,800 OBO

Famous Myspace quote:

"Don't mess with TEXAS! It's not nice to pick on retards."

It's funny because I am from TEXAS!

Comment

This show was AWESOME!

probably the best turn out they've had since we've been going... The lot they used was absolutely full with more cars still arriving as we were leaving...
                        Lots of fresh blood and a few old favorites but definitely worth checking out again...

Here's a link to a slideshow of some of the cars we saw yesterday...

Car Show - March 2009

81 SH Something Special

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                        80 LG Black Magic
                        78 E Standard Practice

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                        For those on FB

Comment

Hope its better than the last car show I went to up there. Seen one Honda, seen em all.

High heels and a formal? On a bike? OK, I watch that one.
                          When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

This is almost beginning to sound like a challenge... guess I'll go through my formals and figure out which one is the most XSive...
                            81 SH Something Special

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                            80 LG Black Magic
                            78 E Standard Practice

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                            For those on FB

Comment

Working...
                            X