Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DFW Katelynn Stinnett Memorial Ride

Info here

Thanks to alan36 for posting about the Iowa ride... It's a sad story... and a worthwhile cause...

I'm going to try and make this one...
    If you want to hook up... let me know...
    81 SH Something Special
    81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
    81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
    80 LG Black Magic
    78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
    For those on FB

I hope to find one or even get one setup in SW Ohio area. This is certainly a sad sad story and definitely worth while cause. As a father of a now 15 YO girl this hits home deeply.
    Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
    80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
    93 GSX600F
    80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
    81 XS1100 Special
    81 CB750 C
    80 CB750 C
    78 XS750

Comment

WARNING: extremely stupid newbie questions about these kind of rides

1. I am not entirely sure how the ride generates benefit, apart from awareness
      2. Are there events at either end? (e.g. socializing, charity work, etc.)

Not trying to be impertinent with this, I've seen rides going thru downtown Ft. Worth before, and I'm just curious. I'm very new to motorcycles in general, and as I fix up the Frankenbike, I've found there is a lot of culture that goes along with it, which intrigues me.
      --
      '79 XS11 Frankenbike

Comment

No stupid questions here... well... I've been known to ask a few... and I've been around for awhile... lol

Honestly... I've never done a ride outside of the XS community... but this story struck a nerve with me and it's one I want to go on...

I just found the info for the one in our area and posted it, so I don't know anything more than you at this point... Different rides have different things going on... they're very individualistic...

As I find out more... I'll post it here to keep you updated...
        81 SH Something Special
        81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
        80 LG Black Magic
        78 E Standard Practice

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
        For those on FB

Comment

I am for sure going to try hard to make the ride, It is in my back yard (40 miles away). I have to make a decision though, I can only ride 1 bike at a time . Maybe I will invite my dad, he has a license.

As far as the benefit part. Every benefit ride I have been on (only 3 of them so far) they sold raffle tickets at every stop. You can pick up raffle tickets for the raffle at the last stop. Supporting businesses usually give items to raffle.

This one could be different.

Comment

The one three hours from me, (And yes I know that is just down the street for some of you living out in the more....sparsely populated areas) is charging $10 per rider, and an additional $5 for two ups.
            Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
            80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
            93 GSX600F
            80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
            81 XS1100 Special
            81 CB750 C
            80 CB750 C
            78 XS750

Comment

Bumping this up

unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to make this one afterall... I've got a flute choir deal happening Saturday...
              But I hope someone here can make it... and if you do... please let us know how it went...
              81 SH Something Special

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
              80 LG Black Magic
              78 E Standard Practice

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
              For those on FB

Comment

Working...
              X