Head Count for HobbyMan send off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head Count for HobbyMan send off

Just need a general idea of how many are coming so we can sort of plan... kind of... maybe...

General run down of events:

Friday (maybe) races - leave our house around 6:00 PM (1800 for you military minded folk... get used to that Andrew... if you aren't already )

Saturday - BBQ around 3:00 (1500)
    Car show around 5:30 (1730)

Sunday - ride around 9ish (9ish)

(remember... voting in the poll will not add to your post count... so for those ghosts out there... please vote ANYway )
    Friday
    57.14%
    Saturday
    42.86%
    Sunday
    0.00%
    81 SH Something Special
    81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
    81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
    80 LG Black Magic
    78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
    For those on FB

I have been threatened with bodily harm should I not make it. I won't mention any names, but she rides a DJ or a RJ or sumthin with a J in it and wears them pointy healed boots. So........even with the current state of affairs I got goin, I 'm thinkin of makin it a day run. Besides, I am kind into bodily harm. To bad its too hot for the leathers!!
    When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

Well, that makes me and Webbcraft then.. better smoke TWO turkeys! lol. Mark's skinny a@@ won't eat much and he won't drink the beer.. Oh wait, Andrew will be there... better make it THREE!

Can't wait to see everybody again... and not have to work on my bike! I won't know what to do with myself! (Shut up Kat!)

Tod
      Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
      '06 Suzuki DR650
      *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
      '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
      '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
      '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
      '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
      '81 XS1100 Special
      '81 YZ250
      '80 XS850 Special
      '80 XR100
      *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Hey guys, I have no idea what I am doing... First post ever.

Will be in Hurst by noon saturday I would think. Going to go through College Station first to hook up with Greg. See ya soon.

Comment

Wait a minute... who was that masked man?

The rarely seen... but greatly admired (and envied) Hippie Dave?

Cool! See y'all Saturday!!
          81 SH Something Special
          81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
          80 LG Black Magic
          78 E Standard Practice

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
          For those on FB

Comment

Woo Hoo Dave!!

Just 999 more posts to Guru-ship! Now if you'd just answer your *&%^% Private messages!! See you Saturday.

Tod

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
            '06 Suzuki DR650
            '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
            '81 XS1100 Special
            '81 YZ250
            '80 XS850 Special
            '80 XR100

Comment

whoa........

Hippie Dave posted.........

better write this down in the history reports........ nobody will believe it and in 50 yrs they'll say it was all done in a studio..... oooops....... sorry that was the moon landing huh?

oh yeah also...... special note for Tod:

Well you see, and in fact it does this all the time. When that happens you just. You see what I mean? After all of that it works as advertised. Which reminds me. No I haven't been drinkin or smokin. That's the prettiest I've ever seen. Don't forget to torque it properly. By the way 17.

Are you picking up what I'm throwing down?

Figure it out by Saturday and I will buy you a new one.
              Mark A. Guthrie TSgt USAF (ret)
              S&M Comp. Serv. Inc. V.P.
              1981 XS11SH XCaliber

Comment

Heavy Rain?

Did anybody look at the forecast? Looks like heavy rain all weekend.

greg
                Gone but never Forgotten:
                1980 XS11SG - "Scorpion"

Current:
                2006 Yamaha FJR1300A - "Orion"
                2007 Honda CBR600RR - "Twitch"

"Life is not a journey to the grave, with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid on broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming:

WOW - What a ride!

Comment

Shhhh! We can dodge the rain drops.

Comment

Weather...

Yeah... been keeping a pretty close eye on it...

Since this is the last car show before Andrew ships off... we'll keep everything the way it is for now and play the rest by ear... Hopefully the weather will cooperate... but if it doesn't.. whoever feels comfortable riding in whatever weather we get... has a place to get dry and fed at any rate.... and hang out with some really cool people...
                    81 SH Something Special

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                    80 LG Black Magic
                    78 E Standard Practice

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                    For those on FB

Comment

Well you see, and in fact it does this all the time. When that happens you just. You see what I mean? After all of that it works as advertised. Which reminds me. No I haven't been drinkin or smokin. That's the prettiest I've ever seen. Don't forget to torque it properly. By the way 17.

Are you picking up what I'm throwing down?

Apparently I need to be drinking or smoking... cause I haven't the foggiest idea what it is you are saying or even talking about? I need to get my Enigma machine out to break the military code?? lol..

Tod

Current bikes:
                      '06 Suzuki DR650
                      '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                      '81 XS1100 Special
                      '81 YZ250
                      '80 XS850 Special
                      '80 XR100

Comment

Originally posted by Hippie_Dave
                        Hey guys, I have no idea what I am doing... First post ever.

Will be in Hurst by noon saturday I would think. Going to go through College Station first to hook up with Greg. See ya soon.
                        Dave, bring both keys. I will be altering previous flight plan to hook up with you guys Saturday morning. Dunno if I am gonna go back Saturday night or Sunday morning. Its gonna depend on the weather

Comment

John/Kat, you guys better tell now if your in a dry county!!! I will "import" my beverages if ya are. The last rally left me parched, thankfully I could "join the club" and slake my thirst.

Comment

Not dry now... it rained this morning...

Beer and wine in the local stores... the harder stuff can be found not too far away so you should be well satiated in the thirst department...
                            81 SH Something Special

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                            80 LG Black Magic
                            78 E Standard Practice

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                            For those on FB

Comment

Well...

the weather doesn't look to be cooperating much...

This is one of HobbyMan's last weekends around these parts... so time constraints keep us locked in here...

Briskets are BBQ'd and turkey is smoking... Anyone who wants to come... please do...
                              (even if you have to bring a cage... yeah... I know... I can't really believe I said it either)

Remember... this is one of the last chances for us to make faces at HobbyMan while he can still see us... That's worth the drive right there...

81 SH Something Special

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                              80 LG Black Magic
                              78 E Standard Practice

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                              For those on FB

Comment

Working...
                              X