• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few pics...

What kind of bike IS this anyway?

See? Here's proof!

The gang...

Someone being taught how to ride sidesaddle... but I'm not certain who is teaching who...

The carless car show... but what great looking bikes, eh?

The man of the hour...

Thanks again to all for coming in... What a GREAT bunch of people!
    Next get together is... when Mark? August 25th?

To all who have let us know they returned safely... THANK you! to those who are still on the road... God speed (and report in when you can... you know how we worry )
    81 SH Something Special
    81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
    81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
    80 LG Black Magic
    78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
    For those on FB

Comment

Skippy and SWMBO

Well, it rained all the way home. We sputtered in about 2:40 pm. Let me explain.

On the meeting of the minds trip, I burned up my TCI about 7 miles from home. Had to sputter the last 7 miles until Packmule died in my driveway. Replaced the TCI and Packmule was back!

About 2 miles from home, Packmule started to sputter again. No problem, I had 89 miles on the tank and the red light was on. Flipped it over to reserve, and the sputtering never cleared. Made it to a gas station, filled up, and it still sputtered all the way home and died in my driveway, again!

No idea yet. Maybe a coil, maybe a carb, who knows. I'll figure it out when I get back from Cali.

Thanks John and Kat for the hospitality again. Good food, good friends and a driveway full of XSes, an XJ and cage Honda!

To Hobbyman, Fair Seas, young man. Your XS family is always here for you.

soaked to the bone,

Skippy and SWMBO
      Gone but never Forgotten:
      1980 XS11SG - "Scorpion"

Current:
      2006 Yamaha FJR1300A - "Orion"
      2007 Honda CBR600RR - "Twitch"

"Life is not a journey to the grave, with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid on broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming:

WOW - What a ride!

Comment

Some pics

Hippie Daves "Honda"

Man of the hour, and his band of brothers

Skippy's SWMBO, Lynda

Packmule soaked before we even left!

What a strange hobby...
        Gone but never Forgotten:
        1980 XS11SG - "Scorpion"

Current:
        2006 Yamaha FJR1300A - "Orion"
        2007 Honda CBR600RR - "Twitch"

"Life is not a journey to the grave, with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid on broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming:

WOW - What a ride!

Comment

home again home again

I called and let John and Kat know..... but for the rest of you... No prob...... My meeting went great. And then after the meeting went even better. Looks like the Gunmen (my band's name) will be playing in Dallas on Memorial day weekend Saturday evening at Mardis Gras in Dallas(I-35E and Motor Dr. At the bottom of the middle tower.) We will be backing up a blues/jazz man named Roosevelt Wade. He is awesome. I will post details when they become available.

Then I hear that if that goes well I will even be touring the country as a pro drummer. (Unofficially--- also in England by the end of next year, still under negotiation with the lead singer) Here's my one shot... ya'll hope I don't choke. They ain't messin around on this one.... God, I hope we can get some XSive support on Sept. 1st. The more the merrier and less nervous I would imagine. At this point I just want the help! If nothing comes of it that's ok too because today's meeting got me in as the official Music Director of Jazzzonedfw. I say who goes and who stays. Maybe I can just say .... I get to play

Weird how stuff works out...... and Andrew.... I promise to keep you posted.

Remember what I told you, no the other stuff........ geeeez.
          Have fun and don't take any crap off anyone unless...... you are supposed to. We will definitely miss you bein close.... but if you get to come home every few months.... bring an XS11 home with you...

Thanks all for a great time and Tod too I guess.

Glad everybody got home safe. See you all next time.

Sparky ..... well at least ya'll can call me that for a little while. I had to work really hard to get enough lean angle but sorry Kat I just wanted to lean a little more than everyone else was.

Good roads great friends....... what could have been better? NADA
          Mark A. Guthrie TSgt USAF (ret)
          S&M Comp. Serv. Inc. V.P.
          1981 XS11SH XCaliber

Comment

Hey guys,
            Can't believe how the weekend worked out. Good people, good food and got to go for a metroplex ride after all.
            Thanks again for everything, especially the loaner. I don't know about you guys but letting someone ride your bike is a big deal to me. You people are awesome, all of you.
            Good luck Andrew, stay safe. I missed not seeing your dad, say hello for us.
            Can't wait for the next get to gether. Cindy and I will be ready.

Comment

DUDE! A second post WOW
              Yeah, hows that honda runnin
              United States Merchant Marine Academy, Kings Point, NY
              If I can do it at 18 yrs old, anyone can
              "You know something, You can't polish a turd"
              "What are you rebelling against", "Well, what do you got?"
              Acta Non Verba

Comment

hello hobbyman

Well it sounds like you all had alot of fun wish i could have been there but had to work dang the luck anyway well maybe some other time i will be able to all the xser's hobbyman even though i have not ment you personaly yet i want to wish you the best of luck and as always may the wind keep your sails full and may the seas run smooth for you .

kevin
                4/78 xs1100 standard
                Pacifico fairing 4 into one exhaust

new name :black Knight

I am but a student in this world of xsive masters

Comment

Sorry I missed the ride, looks like there was a great gathering of people, Hippie Davee and a Honda??? never thought that would happen,
                  Let me know when yall ride next time, maybe the bike will be back together, I hate carbs

Comment

Helmet off the Kat and John for a great get together. The neighborhood may never be the same. My ride home was long and wet, as was everyone elses. Kinda like the ride there. Been a while since I had an option to drive or ride cause of the rain and I took the ride option. (are ya readin this Dave? ). The turnout was excellent considering the weather. It was unfortunate the planned events got washed out, but I think a good time was had by all.

Thanks again to everyone for a great day.
                    When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

Sorry I missed you guys this time. Was on the west coast on business.
                      Good luck Hobbyman hope to ride with ya again soon.
                      Cheers.
                      [b][size=4][font=times][color=#BD0062]Wayne[/color][/font][/size][/b]
                      [b][size=4][font=times][color=#095de5]TeXSive forever[/color][/font][/size][/b]
                      The best alarm clock is sunshine on chrome.

Comment

Working...
                      X