TeXSive Spring Ride '07

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TeXSive Spring Ride '07

While we are stuck in the middle of a tough winter, lets look forward to the next TeXSive Rally Spring ride.

The date for the ride is April 28th 2007. I the location is still tentative but I am planning on us meeting in the Buffalo area (bout 90 miles south of Dallas on I45)

As the time nears I will send out more details on meeting locations and hotel info etc.

I am in the midst of trying to close on a new house and move this month so forgive the delay, I will get back with you all in Feb. with more details.

Cheers,

Wayne
    [b][size=4][font=times][color=#BD0062]Wayne[/color][/font][/size][/b]
    [b][size=4][font=times][color=#095de5]TeXSive forever[/color][/font][/size][/b]
    The best alarm clock is sunshine on chrome.

Rooooaaaadddddd trippppp!!!!

Its kinda hard to think about a road trip with ice hanging from everthing and more falling down. Nice thing is I am the only one in the plant today. Time to practice my pallet jack racing.
    When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

Woo Hoo!

I am looking forward to ride with my brothers (and sisters) again!

greg
      Gone but never Forgotten:
      1980 XS11SG - "Scorpion"

Current:
      2006 Yamaha FJR1300A - "Orion"
      2007 Honda CBR600RR - "Twitch"

"Life is not a journey to the grave, with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid on broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming:

WOW - What a ride!

Comment

Wow!!

A rally that's not that far from me. Kat and I are hoping to make this one, and we can each ride our own bikes. We could probably ride to Buffalo, ride the rally, and make it home all in the same day. We may even have an Okie or two make this rally. Thanks for setting this up in my area Wayne. The previous rallies have been too far away for me to handle.

Comment

Originally posted by webbcraft2150
          Time to practice my pallet jack racing.
          Electric or manual?

I hope to be there!
          CUAgain,
          Daniel Meyer
          Author. Adventurer. Electrician.
          Find out why...It's About the Ride.

Comment

If I am home, you bet I will be there. I agree with you John, I am glad it is close to home. Talimena wasn't that far, but I love Texas country too. I just recieved a congressional nomination from Congressman Kenny Merchant to attend the USMMA so I will have a lot of colllege prepatory work to do before I attend. What kind of a ride do we have planned? I have been wanting to get out and ride with everyone for some time now. I think we need rides more often.
            United States Merchant Marine Academy, Kings Point, NY
            If I can do it at 18 yrs old, anyone can
            "You know something, You can't polish a turd"
            "What are you rebelling against", "Well, what do you got?"
            Acta Non Verba

Comment

Hey I might can do that. Buffalo is about 90 miles miles from me and I even have kinfolk there. Ill keep checking back.
              1993 ZX11D
              1979 CBX
              1973 Z1
              2001 ZX12R

Comment

whats the date

I live in Ft Smith arkansas and just bought my xs 1100 in Dallas the ride sounds like fun do you have an exact date? Mike

Comment

The date for the ride is April 28th 2007

Comment

April 28th 2007

What is involved with this rally? I'm new to the 11 and would like to attend something with other 11s.
                    ExcessiveBiker

Comment

Ya find out where and when it is, turn in your vacation request form early and show up. As it gets closer, Wayne will supply a "suggested" hotel/motel, a map of the route and other details.

Please search threads for the list of "new guy" rules. We are a hard core bunch and cut little slack.

Depending on your location, there is the opportunity to meet up with other XS'ers and ride in together.
                      When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

rally??

Count me in....... unless something freezes over... and SWMBO says its cool.
                        Mark A. Guthrie TSgt USAF (ret)
                        S&M Comp. Serv. Inc. V.P.
                        1981 XS11SH XCaliber

Comment

ride

This sounds like fun i wish i had been on this site last year i live about 40 miles from Talahina Dr go there all the time . Theres even a better ride 23 north we call it the pig trail here.

Comment

the pig trail is great....... but for some reason the Talimena run seems so much nicer....... maybe I was just always going on a service call in the area and knew I was about to make some money as well as twisties!!!

They both rock.......

Mark
                            Mark A. Guthrie TSgt USAF (ret)
                            S&M Comp. Serv. Inc. V.P.
                            1981 XS11SH XCaliber

Comment

Re: April 28th 2007

Originally posted by ExcessiveBiker
                              What is involved with this rally? I'm new to the 11 and would like to attend something with other 11s.
                              ExcessiveBiker
                              What WEBBCRAFT said.

...more or less

Comment

Working...
                              X