P.A. ferry 12:45 Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P.A. ferry 12:45 Friday

I plan on making the 12:45 Coho Friday afternoon, anybody else planning on that time?
    DZ
    Vyger, 'F'
    "The Special", 'SF'
    '08 FJR1300

Ride North

No but with a bit of luck you may bump into the whole group on the Trans Canada on the Malahat as we head north from Port Renfrew to Ladysmith. I would expect that the group would be going over the Malahat between 3-4 on the afternoon of the second. That is just about the time you should be going over if you catch the Coho at the time indicated.
    Hope we hook up.
    Ken
    78E Ratbyk

Comment

what time does the group expect to be in Port Renfrew? Perhaps I will take an earlier crossing, and join in going the other way.
      DZ
      Vyger, 'F'
      "The Special", 'SF'
      '08 FJR1300

Comment

Renfrew

Going west through Sooke, 8.30/9.00 am. Likely in Renfrew 11.00/1.00 then back east through Sooke 2 ish. Then through Metchosen on a route known only to Sid. From there I expect that he will be taking us out to the Trans/Canada hyw north.
        Ken

Comment

(ansering my own questions)

It looks like the group will be in Port Renfrew at lunch time.

If I catch the 8:20 out of P.A. (docking around 10am), I should be able to meet up with the gang for morning gas-up in Sooke around 10:30am. My map program indicates it is a half hour ride from Vitoria to Sooke.
          DZ
          Vyger, 'F'
          "The Special", 'SF'
          '08 FJR1300

Comment

Meeting up

From the Coho dock to Sooke is going to take you an hour. Plus what ever time it takes to clear customs/immigration. Plus if you have not made the run, downtown Victoria/Sooke before you had better add at least 20 minutes to that. That would put you into Sooke about 12. The group will be 70 difficult kms. west of that in Renfrew. You could continue west and intercept the group returning from Renfrew or if you are lucky they may still be in Renfrew or at least saddling up to return.
            Your call, don't take chances with your life or your licence just to catch up early. We will be back at the Payless Gas station in Sooke at approximately 2pm. The station is about 1 block east of the red light in the middle of Sooke.
            Safe trip, Ken

Comment

Hey Denny, we'll see you somewhere on that ride! If the portions of fish & chips are as big as I think, then somebody will have a doggie-bag for you if we meet up, say, where Tom V dropped his bike in the gravel last time.

Ken, Denny has done those 70 difficult kms before, me too, yow. Not to worry, he'll be fine. Looking forward to meeting you, you'll be the one on the red XS, I'll be on the black Bandit. Will you be coming to Sid's for getting to know, for other rides?
              Mike * Seattle * 82 F'n'XJ1100 *

Comment

Meeting Up

Hi Mike, yes I will be returning to Sids for the early evening but will cutting out to sleep around. Likely about 40 minutes before dark. Hope to do the run through the interior as well.
                See yah, Ken

Comment

all,

The 8:20 ferry to Victoria docks around 10:00am. My map program indicates Sooke is 22 miles from downtown Victoria. Port Renfrew is another hour down the road. If the map program is accurate, Port Renfrew by noon should be doable.

If the group is going to leave Port Renfrew before, say 1:00pm, I'll bag trying to meet up. Take the 12:45 out of P.A., an bug straight to Lady Smith.

When do you all expect to leave Port Renfrew?
                  DZ
                  Vyger, 'F'
                  "The Special", 'SF'
                  '08 FJR1300

Comment

Den, it seems right on the edge of 1pm IF IF IF everything goes exactly on time and according to plan and the chances of that are??? A couple dozen to get up on time, gas up, EAT...

well you tell me See you in PtRenfrew
                    Mike * Seattle * 82 F'n'XJ1100 *

Comment

I'll just play it by ear. Who knows, I might not want to get out of bed at 4:30am on Friday to make the 8:20 ferry. If I do, I'll head to Port Renfrew in hopes of running into the gang. Otherwise, I'll see you all Sid's

Keep your eyes open for a lone XS'er
                      DZ
                      Vyger, 'F'
                      "The Special", 'SF'
                      '08 FJR1300

Comment

Working...
                      X