heading out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heading out

Will be heading out on first leg of the trip to Bozeman tommorrow, Wednesday morning. Plan to be in Bozeman Friday afternoon. See ya'll there!

ltl
    ltl

which way are you headed?

Comment

Bozeman Rally

I hope all attending RockJok's rally in Bozeman have a great time. I only wish I could make this one too.

I will be in Montana approx. a week after you all have left on my own ride to Glacier NP. I will also be on
      my new (to me) bike. This Tuesday I will be picking up a '99 Royal Star Venture.

I picked up an '83 Venture last fall at a price I just couldn't pass up. I planned on riding it this summer and
      then selling it next spring. After riding it for the last month and a half I decided I wanted to get a newer bike.
      Both for piece of mind, and newer technology. I've spent the last few weeks looking at and test riding several
      types, FZ1, Bandit, Road Star, I finally decided on the Venture. The Road Star is a nice looking bike but it has
      too much vibration for me. It also has loads of low end grunt, but feels to run out of throttle way too soon. The
      Venture has all the bells and whistles for touring and even though it can't match the XS, it still has plenty of get
      up and go. My Midnight will be stripped of everything but it's small windshield and will be my back road burner
      for day rides. Now I just have to figure out how to fit all three in my garage.
      Jim Middlestadt
      1980 XS1100LG Twisted Madness-Gone
      1983 XVZ12TK Venture-Gone
      1996 XVZ13A Black Magic-100,000 plus miles and going strong
      2006 XVZ 1300 Venture

Comment

Heading out

Leaving first thing in the morning for Bozeman. Plan to arrive around 5:00pm Friday.
        DZ
        Vyger, 'F'
        "The Special", 'SF'
        '08 FJR1300

Comment

Ditto for SWMBO and I . The cats have been fed, the bikes are packed and fueled - we're out the door in about 5 minutes. Next stop Lethbridge, then on to Bozeman for Friday afternoon....
          Ken Talbot

Comment

i'm heading out this evening!!!

see you all there (anyone who hasn't left yet)

Comment

Back from Bozeman

Had to be back Monday, so I cut out Sunday morning. Left Bozeman around 7:30am (PDT) and rolled in the shop at 7:30pm (PDT). 741.3 miles. Crossing Eastern Washington was HOT!. Felt good to get back on the cool side of the mountains.

It was a very successful rally. Good Job Rob!

Once the buzzing stops and by butt cools off, I will post my pictures.
              DZ
              Vyger, 'F'
              "The Special", 'SF'
              '08 FJR1300

Comment

The Lizard Faction arrived back home this afternoon from XS camp. 2920
                miles, and eight days on the road. It was a tough trip but FiFi and I
                enjoyed it very much. Thanks to Rob Mills for one of the best XS camps ever.
                Every need was met and facilities, location, information, planning, was
                superb. Rob even arranged for perfect weather and a firework show! Thanks
                again, Rob. Trip report and pics to follow in a day or two.

Lanny the Lizard
                79 SF, "T-Rex"
                87 XVZ, "Lizard Lounger"
                ltl

Comment

Sheila and I are just back home today also - we took a much more leisurely 4 days returning from Bozeman. Except for the rain/wind/thunder storm coming through Rogers Pass, it has been a great 8 days on the road. Pics to come...
                  Ken Talbot

Comment

camp pics

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/xs11plus/

Register or sign in to yahoogroups, click photos on the left, ltl Bozeman, click on a pic and click on full size.
                    ltl

Comment

Working...
                    X