Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camp XS 2004 - Bozeman MT

Hi All,

Just reposting the Bozeman Camp XS 2004 link after the hack attacks. The rally is from Thursday July 29 thru Sunday August 1st.

I'm planning on adding some info links and updating some of the pages this weekend so check back.....

http://www.imt.net/~rockjok/index.htm

Hope to see a bunch of ya soon,

Rob -- rockjok

My reservation is in at the KOA. I'll be arriving early on the 29th, maybe late on the 28th. Looking forward to it!
    Jerry Fields
    '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
    '06 Concours
    My Galleries Page.
    My Blog Page.
    "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

hmmm

i might try to work part of this rally into my trip.

Comment

<sigh> Sso close yet so far away.......
        We'll be driving to WA for wifes family reunion at that time. Almost halfway to Bozeman yet not all the way <bummed>.
        I even suggested that I ride behind the 'Burb on the XS and shoot over to Bozeman while they visit with family..... no go.
        Hopefully this rally will reoccur and maybe next time.
        Pat Kelly
        <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
        1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
        2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
        1999 Suburban (The Ship)
        1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
        1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

It's not looking good for me either. I'd like to get to Bozeman to visit with family too.

Geezer
          Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Hi All,

I've done a bit of updating on the webpage in the schedue and maps/info pages.

http://www.imt.net/~rockjok/index.htm

Plans are coming together well for the Saturday ride. I've described a few good "side trips" to the basic route that I hope we'll be able to take. I suppose it all depends on time, interest, and the "fatigue factor".

I'm a bit concerned about Sunday. The Beartooth Highway is fantastic but a round trip from KOA is ~340 miles. 2/3 is relatively high speed on good highways but take a look at the maps and route descriptions. There are other interesting rides we can do on Sunday if it's decided that the Beartooth is a bit much.

Unfortunately Dr. Lageson (MSU Geology Dept Head) has to be out of town for the weekend so I guess you'll have to put up with my geo-babble.

I'm planning on having BBQ's and a stocked fridge at KOA so, if you're hungry, feel free. The Penguin Roast and breakfast plans seem to be progressing smoothly so....

I'm probably forgetting something major ( a la Murphy) but hopefully we'll be able to work around whatever it turns out to be.

Look forward to seeing y'all and keep an eye out for further updates...

Rob Mills
            rockjok

Comment

ironbutt

i am planning on making this my first iron-butt event. as i understand i need a witness on my starting & ending points. so if anyone is willing to help me out that would be great.

Comment

I've posted a couple of phone numbers, my home and a cell phone I've borrowed on the schedule page:

http://www.imt.net/~rockjok/COR-SCHED-1.htm

The main page is still: http://www.imt.net/~rockjok/index.htm

Current plans have me setting up a shade machine, grills, 'fridge, and tables etc Thursday afternoon. If there's a lock on anything the combo will be 1978 (the first year of XS production). Help yourself if you're hungry or thirsty.

Oil change stuff will be available at my home, 5 miles south of KOA. It's the lot on the south end of "Country Court" (76900 US HWY 191) - a travel trailer with additions. There'll be soap, rags and buckets for washing also via a garden hose. Watch out for the deep loose gravel. Again, help yourself if I'm not around.

It looks like it'll be a good weekend. This is the first time in years you can see more than a couple of miles thru' the forest fire smoke. Some heavy rains last week really greened up the area.

Lookin' forward to seeing y'all

Rob Mills
                rockjok@imt.net

Comment

Working...
                X