XS rally/ride in Oregon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XS rally/ride in Oregon?

Hey anyone up for getting a ride/rally going in Oregon or Washington? Portland or Salem?
    Cheers!
    Tim
    1979 XS1100F
    4 into 1 Jardine, single POD airfilters, custom paint
    Branded title
    Work in progress since 2000

We have to get on! We have to get on! We have So much time and so little to do!.....strike that, reverse that!! :P

Tim:

We have never had a rally in Oregon. California and Washington, yes, but not Oregon. My daughter lives just over the bridge in Washington and I would be up for an Oregon rally.

Nice riding along the Columbia and around Mt. Hood to Hood River. Been a while since I lived there, moved from Oregon in 1989 so rides have changed, but it would not be hard to come up with some routes and a campground to base out of. You up for the challenge?
    Jerry Fields
    '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
    '06 Concours
    My Galleries Page.
    My Blog Page.
    "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

We did a rally at Detroit Lake up in Oregon, I don't remember the year but it was a blast!
      -- Scott
      _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
      1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
      1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
      1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
      1979 XS1100F: parts
      2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

I would be up for that. Not this year for me as the Colorado rally is about to happen and I'll be back at school in early August teaching.

Be great to have you join us in Colorado in a few weeks (that's an invitation)...
        Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

I stand corrected! Did not make that one...
          Originally posted by 3phase
          We did a rally at Detroit Lake up in Oregon, I don't remember the year but it was a blast!
          Jerry Fields
          '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
          '06 Concours
          My Galleries Page.
          My Blog Page.

Comment

Rally up there sounds good

Just saw the post,,,Yes, a rally up in Oregon Wash. area would be cool. It would be great to have some Oregon locals show attendees some great roads and food stops. I would recommend summer as its usually easier to gather the flock at that time for vacation planning. Keep us informed...........Mike in Sun Diego
            mike
            1982 xj1100 maxim
            1981 venture bagger
            1999 Kawi Nomad 1500 greenie
            1959 wife

Comment

I would be up for this also.
              Ty

78 XS1100E - Now in Minnesota
              80 XS1100LG - The Punisher
              82 XJ1100 - Current project - The Twins
              82 XJ1100 - Wife's Bike - The Twins
              82 XJ1100 - Daughter's Bike
              72 Suzuki TS125 - Daughter's Bike
              72 Yamaha Mini JT2 - Youngest Daughter's bike (She wants a bigger one now)

Comment

WOW! Great to hear that there are a few around here! Cool! We could do a small ride or something this year and then talk more about what we can do for a larger one next year?!? I am slammed at work this year and I could break away for a day/short weekend ride or something once I get my carb issue fixed. Let's all stay in touch and figure something out!
                Cheers!
                Tim
                1979 XS1100F
                Branded title

We have to get on! We have to get on! We have So much time and so little to do!.....strike that, reverse that!! :P

Comment

Originally posted by tcoop View Post
                  I would be up for this also.
                  Me too. Try to schedule it for the weekend when it's not raining up there in The Great Wet North so we don't have to spray our bikes and ourselves with Waxoyle.
                  -- Scott
                  _____

2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

Here is a photo taken a few years back of one of Oregon's covered bridges:

Some real nice riding through small towns and back roads. Not real fast but a treat for the eye.

South Fork of the Santiam River is where this bridge is located, near Cascadia. Not far of I-5. Starting just south of Salem, there is a nice loop that goes out to Detriot on Hwy 22 which meets up with Hwy 20 back through Cascadia and out to I-5. With stops this makes a nice one-day ride. Or drop further south on Hwy 126 and come out at Eugene, also a pleasant ride. Can also run over to Sisters for a meal.

Just a thought!
                    Last edited by Jerry; 07-03-2017, 09:52 AM.
                    Jerry Fields
                    '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
                    '06 Concours
                    My Galleries Page.
                    My Blog Page.

Comment

2009 NW Rally

I can only find two pictures from the September 2009 rally up there at Detroit Lake, Oregon.
                      That may be a good thing.

-- Scott
                      _____

Comment

I would be interested in this as well. I grew up in Oregon and my parents now live near Boise. Would be a long trip for me, but a great excuse to ride the bike west again and the bonus of visiting my folks there and back. I hope this happens.
                        Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
                        '82 XJ1100
                        '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

working on my carbs right now so after I get her together and dialed in, I'll start thinking of a weekend thing we could do and then talk more about doing a bigger one next year....with a little more time to plan.
                          Cheers!
                          Tim
                          1979 XS1100F
                          Branded title

Comment

Ok, getting closer to getting the XS running! Anyone have a particular date that'll work good for a weekend? I might be a week out yet, depending on how my work load goes at the shop. Just thinking of a weekend event/ride....simple meet and greet and a nice ride....any thoughts?
                            Cheers!
                            Tim
                            1979 XS1100F
                            Branded title

Comment

Good luck with it! I start teaching again in a week so summers are my playtime.
                              Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

Working...
                              X