Directions to Sid's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Directions to Sid's

The inimitable stylings of Your Host, Sid the Squid; here follow your directions to the party:

If you come from the South: You have three "entry" options.

1. I-5 to and through Customs, where they are rude and it can be a long wait, in the heat

2. Pacific Crossing, turn off I-5 about where the pavement on I-5 becomes really rough, approx three miles from main customs, look for "truck Customs", and follow "mode" of non-commercial traffic! (do what the cars are doing)

3. Port Angeles, ferry crossing, Get there EARLY, since there are only a FEW sailings each day!! Buy ticket, line up at the front, park bike, and dependent on how much time you have til sailing, go to duty free liquor, next to Ferry dock, or just amuse yourself til ferry comes. Once aboard, TIE YOUR BIKE SECURELY TO THE ROPES PROVIDED, NO MATTER HOW GOOD THE WEATHER, AND SEA LOOK!!!! At the other end, get off, answer the questions, in as few words as possible, "going to a friends 50th birthday party, no I have no guns, or fruits, and no prior convictions! {if you have anything like DUI or drugs on your record, probably best not to bother, though you might skate if you turn off your motor, raise your face shield, take off your sunglasses, look them straight in the eye as if you could pass a lie-detector test. They likely might not ask to see your driver's license - you do have an mc endorsement, don't you?}

Then, after customs, go left to the first stop sign, turn left, and amongst horse carriages and tourists, make your way to the third intersection, DOUGLAS, (Bus station on left), and turn left. Keep going in the center lane if possible, all the way through Victoria, until it becomes Island Highway. Be cool, and just keep heading North, through the Malahat Pass, up and over the top, and just keep going til you come to Ladysmith. Turn left at the shopping center, {there's a traffic light there, and a co-op gas station} go to the top of the hill, swing left as if you are paralleling the Highway you just came in on, but the other way, go to your third right, watch for the yellow balloon, on the post, turn right, go to the top of the hill, and turn right again, and look for the XS11 BANNER!

4.FRom the East, either, Tsawassen to Duke point ferry: On this side, off of the ferry, straight up Highway, stay in left lane, VICTORIA, go twenty five KMs, (approx 20 miles) to Ladysmith, go right past Ladysmith on the Highway, "SEE" the only shopping center on the highway, go past it, up the hill, to the exit marked S. Davis Rd., turn right, go to your second left, up to the top, turn right, see XS!! SIGN in my yard.

5. Or Horseshoe Bay ferry to Nanaimo, NW of Vancouver, still on main highway, after Highway #1, Port Mann bridge, Second Narrows Bridge, out to Horseshoe bay.
    This side, go off ferry, stay left lane, through Nanaimo, to "flaming Torch" junction, turn left into center lane, follow traffic, out of town, when "big Fast" highway comes in from the right, ZOOOOM, then when you come to Ladysmith, stay on highway until you start to go up a long hill on the highway, after passing the Shopping center, and turn right at the Davis Road exit. Take second left, up the hill two blocks, turn right and see the sign and bikes!

6. Airport......phone!!
    SQUID

You can see the ferry route info here

If for some reason you are lost, you can always try calling Sid's house - area code if you are really lost - (250) 245-7920.

You might well ask, what is the address?
    684 Hillview Ave
    Ladysmith, B.C.

From the South: First light in Ladysmith, co-op gas station on your left, take that left, it is Davis Road. Davis makes a 'Y', take the left branch parallel to the highway below. Take the 3rd right off Davis onto Craig Road. Up the hill a bit, right on Hillview Ave, you're there!

From the North: Out of Nanaimo/Duke Pt, follow the sign "To Victoria, then it's nice highway to Ladysmith. There will be a SAFEWAY and shopping center on your right, get in right exit lane, make the exit turn, then LOOK over your left shoulder, no traffic, get into right uphill lane, or you will have to go into shopping center, and come back out, and turn right uphill. Same directions, since that is Davis road. See you there!
    Last edited by Mike Hart; 07-22-2002, 06:21 PM.
    Mike * Seattle * 82 F'n'XJ1100 *

sorry for the repeat

I'll post here and 'over there' too

How warm/cold is it expected to be on Vic. Is. next week? I'm deciding which sleeping bag to bring. This time of year we range from highs of 90-100 F to lows in the 60's F.

Thanks...
    Pat Kelly
    <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
    1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
    2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
    1999 Suburban (The Ship)
    1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
    1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

Working...
    X