Anyone in the lower mainland??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone in the lower mainland??

a fellow XS owner who would enjoy shooting the **** over a cold one while comparing notes on how much fun these are to play with???
    1979 XS1100
    Was going to be a ratbike, instead it is
    Turning into a "Labour of Love" Restoration...

Mainland

I am on Gabriola Island.
    Work in Victoria Friday to Monday.
    Go to White Rock often to visit the main squeeze.
    Ride an SV1000 in the summer, 79 XS11 Special in the crappy months.
    Currently got the front brakes apart on the Yami. Pistons are stuck in the calipers. Might have to get some parts from Super Dave in Langley.
    Unkle Crusty

Comment

Labor of love

Your absolutely right, every since I bought my 80 xs11 I've been looking for things to fix or improve. It's been a great experience. If your ever in roseburg, or.. Let me know
      Last edited by mrossotto; 09-30-2012, 03:27 PM.
      Mike. ...I've always been crazy...but it's kept me from going insane. "Waylon Jennings"

Comment

Originally posted by mrossotto View Post
        Your absolutely right, every since I bought my 80 xs11 I've been looking for things to fix or improve. It's been a great experience. If your ever in roseburg, or.. Let me know
        Sadly your current administration has removed my right to travel to the USA.....
        so anything south of the border is off limits....
        1979 XS1100

Comment

Originally posted by Crusty Snippets View Post
          I am on Gabriola Island.
          Work in Victoria Friday to Monday.
          Go to White Rock often to visit the main squeeze.
          Ride an SV1000 in the summer, 79 XS11 Special in the crappy months.
          Currently got the front brakes apart on the Yami. Pistons are stuck in the calipers. Might have to get some parts from Super Dave in Langley.
          Unkle Crusty
          I have a DL1000 for the rainy months, my xs11 is strictly a fair weather machine

My wife works at Morrison's Cafe in White Rock, and Super Dave is awesome but Merritt Cycle Salvage has more xs1100 parts.
          1979 XS1100

Comment

Stuff

My wife works at Morrison's Cafe in White Rock, and Super Dave is awesome but Merritt Cycle Salvage has more xs1100 parts.[/QUOTE]

When my GF returns from her trip to Turkey I will suggest we go to Morrisons.
            That would be in November.
            I used to be a resident of Hawaii, and later excluded from the US, but now have a Nexus card.
            My boats name is Griffon.
            There is a salvage yard in Victoria and I will be sifting through parts there soon. Yami runs well, just needs the front brakes working. Parts are on the way. New steering head bearings also ordered.
            Thanks for the tip on Merritt Cycle.

Unkle Crusty

Comment

I'm in Maple Ridge. Just started my project, a '79F. Head off, top end rebuild and a slew of other stuff to do.

Still have not seen another XS11 in town.
              Living to EXcess.
              1978 XS1100E Canadian, Cartridge emulators, NOS heavy duty fork springs,
              Showa rear shocks, ACCT, Jardine 4-2 spaghetti pipes.
              1979 XS1100F Canadian, stock exhaust. Top end rebuild in progress.

Comment

Mainland

Hey guys.
                I will be in White Rock for the Thanksgiving weekend.
                Will be on the SV1000 Suzuki until the end of October.
                Then it will be Yami until next spring. I now have a sidecar for Yami, still messing with the alignment. Will have the sidecar on and off as required over the winter months.

Unkle Crusty

Comment

Working...
                X