2013 Summer Rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 Summer Rally

Hello to all, I'm new to the club. I live in oregon and was wondering if anyone was interested in setting up a rally in for next summer. I was thinking Diamond Lake.
    Mike. ...I've always been crazy...but it's kept me from going insane. "Waylon Jennings"

The Stormtroopers will not let me enter the USA anymore, or I would be all for it..... lots of gorgeous spots in BC hint hint....
    1979 XS1100
    Was going to be a ratbike, instead it is
    Turning into a "Labour of Love" Restoration...

Comment

I haven't been up there in about 20 years. I guess I need a passport now. Ill look in it. If anyone else has any ideas,shout it out. And we will have a vote.
      Mike. ...I've always been crazy...but it's kept me from going insane. "Waylon Jennings"

Comment

2013 summer rally

Another great place is Florence Oregon during the Rhododendron Festivsl which is held in the middle may.

Comment

Rally

Is anyone on the west coast putting together a 2013 rally this summer ?

Comment

They have one every year in Cali i think. We had a small one in Oregon a few years ago at Detroit lake. It seems hard to get a concensus as to when and where for us in WA. and OR.. I would like one, but it needs to be where there is for some good riding.
            1980 XS1100LG Midnight
            1991 Honda CBR1000F Hurricane

"The hand is almost valueless at one end of the arm if there be not a brain at the other"

Here's to a long life and a happy one.
            A quick death and an easy one.
            A pretty girl and an honest one.
            A cold beer and another one!

Comment

Count me in. I'm in Benton City, WA. It's a small town on the outskirts of Tri-Cities. I've been looking for people to ride with around here. What part of Oregon are you in?

I might start looking around at other forums to see if we can search by area to locate local XSers. Them maybe bring them over here.
              Last edited by Yard Dogg; 12-20-2012, 11:40 PM.
              "The Hooligan" XJ1100, Virago Gauge Pods, Screaming Eagle Mufflers, K&N Filter, hand made rear fender, side covers, and solo seat, round bar conversion, small headlight, tail light, and cat eye turn signals, chip fuses, rewired the right way.

Pics: http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/ya...?sort=6&page=1

Comment

I live in roseburg, oregon

Comment

Gods Country My Friends

Well boys I don't think it matters WHERE the rally would be; it's all gods country from BC down to middle California. :-) Every year the wife and I take a roadtrip in our Mazda Sport all throughout the areas. Love Bishop, Ca for heat, Eastern Wa for heat, cool oceans of all four provinces/states etc. High desert in Oregon around Bend/Sisters is to die for. I vote we secede from our respective countries and set up the great country of PNW !! :-) I'll watch this thread to see what you guys come up with.
                  Courtney
                  (On gorgeous Vancouver Island)
                  Bone stock 1980 Special except for the exhaust and crashbars. Oh yeah, and the scabbard for the Winchester Defender.

Comment

Keep me informed... the gorge is always a good place too and fairly central for OR and WA. Levenworth in Central WA is always bike friendly. Central OR is good for me too...

I'm Planning a trip to the Redwoods this summer, but it wont be on the XS
                    Don
                    1979 XS1100SF "Old Man" bought by my Dad brand new in 79, customized in 80 with Vetter, Standard tank, and touring seat. I inherited in 02 when Dad passed. Been riding it since 09. No resto, bike is a survivor...

2007 RoadStar 1700 Midnight Silverado "The Black Pearl" Cobra Slash-downs, K&N filter. More mods to come

old:
                    1989 kawi ex500
                    1996 yzf-r6
                    1999 yzf-r1
                    2001 kawi zx-6r
                    2000 Ducati 748
                    2002 YZF-R1
                    2005 V-Star 1100 Classic

Comment

Rally Rally Rally

Old member just recently rejoined. We could do our own rally which I am totally for in July or August but there is always the Western States 1000 sponsored by the Rose City MC. I have been on this ride a couple of times and am am always the oldest bike but not the oldest rider. June 1 and 2 with an overnight in John Day in the beautiful Eastern Oregon desert. Start in Portland and ends there. A bunch of 11's would put all those Harley's and Beemer's to shame. Just saying....

Cheers

M

1979 XS1100 SF
                      1979 XS1100SF Portland, OR

Comment

dinosaur revives...

Hi, Older member back alive.

Now to get the bikes alive again, too.

I went to a rally On Vancover Island about 2005 i think, it was wonderful....

then life hit again, well kids are grown now, and I'd love to get back to it.

Im in the Bothell (north Seattle) area.
                        jeff "Wags"
                        Bothell, Wa

79sf mongrel
                        79sf rusty
                        79 partsbike almost complete

Comment

If any of you are passing through my area, I'd be great if we could meet up. I'm too busy making parts in the summer to get very far from home...

Geezer
                          Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Thought you had moved somewhere over by the coast Geezer.
                            1980 XS1100LG Midnight
                            1991 Honda CBR1000F Hurricane

"The hand is almost valueless at one end of the arm if there be not a brain at the other"

Here's to a long life and a happy one.
                            A quick death and an easy one.
                            A pretty girl and an honest one.
                            A cold beer and another one!

Comment

I'm about 35 miles from the cost just east of the coastal mountain range. Look up Willamina, OR and I'm in the Polk county side of town...

Tony
                              Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Working...
                              X